• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: WHY?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
My first reaction is "Why not?" Did someone else already post that btw?

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Resentful? Sometimes. Comforting. Sometimes. Mostly fearful that I will make a mistake. Letting myself believe something good and then it not happening, which is what I basically anticipate in nearly every situation.

This is common enough. Many make themselves feel better by expecting the worst, so that if it happens they are prepared, and if it doesn't they are pleasantly surprised. I used to do that. Not any more though.

It is ironic, though, because I often go about creating mayhem between people so that I have a known bad outcome rather than an unknowable outcome.

Because control is comfortable whether good or bad?

One thing I've been working on lately is to just be positive. Or, at least not gloom and doom negative. I always expect the sky to fall. Most often I am wrong. I ramp myself up for battle for nothing. So, before any event where I am feeling anxious I really try to remember that there is no reason why it should not go well.

I like this. I think of myself as a realistic idealist. I think it best to be logical, but sometimes the realistic outcome is the good outcome. I'm sure you know this, I'm only saying that's how I am. Please don't take offense.

I am bad at seeing how other people feel. I am mistrustful.

I am good at seeing how others feel. I am mistrustful. Everyone has something they need to improve on.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Nah ... I think the "Why not?" sums it all up nicely for me anyways ...

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
This is common enough. Many make themselves feel better by expecting the worst, so that if it happens they are prepared, and if it doesn't they are pleasantly surprised. I used to do that. Not any more though.

Yeah. I just can't stand the agony of not knowing. This is why I sometimes express skepticism about knowledge. I hate my need to know. It is definitely related to control. By knowing, I try to anticipate. I think we often find security in our "knowledge". But, knowledge is bullshit.

It's why I used to have a huge problem with death. It is the ultimate unknown. And the ultimate lack of control.

Because control is comfortable whether good or bad?

Yea, in a way. It is like a security blanket. Security blankets make a child feel more secure, but, really, it's also just a blanket. Control is like that. It makes you feel better, but it's also a meaningless ragged piece of cloth that you clutch onto.

I guess early on as a child (this is very enneagram 7 it turns out) I decided I had better look after my own needs. Part of this is protecting one's self is trying to find your way out of problems. Or, developing really odd ways to provide security for yourself and to stave off anxiety.

I like this. I think of myself as a realistic idealist. I think it best to be logical, but sometimes the realistic outcome is the good outcome. I'm sure you know this, I'm only saying that's how I am. Please don't take offense.

Right. Also, as far as it goes with other people. Most people prefer to be liked and to like. So, why should I go out of my way to expect the opposite?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:workout:

My advice: Stay away from it, as far as you can. It's a boost to your deepest fears about urself and a shared insight into the world, like you always had, but never shared.

Try it out, but die alone at all costs. An entp must die alone, there is no other tragic ending nor hope to insanity

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
My advice: Stay away from it, as far as you can. It's a boost to your deepest fears about urself and a shared insight into the world, like you always had, but never shared.

Try it out, but die alone at all costs. An entp must die alone, there is no other tragic ending nor hope to insanity

Are you talking about INFJ's?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dont know, I havent met an infj yet like mine. Just be careful

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Yeah. I just can't stand the agony of not knowing. This is why I sometimes express skepticism about knowledge. I hate my need to know. It is definitely related to control. By knowing, I try to anticipate. I think we often find security in our "knowledge". But, knowledge is bullshit.

I think people find security in anything they can. I don't understand how you can hate a need to know. It seems to be that wanting to delve into something deeply is a good thing. Knowledge can be bullshit, because it can always be negated by new ideas, but overall, it is what we as humans have. I don't feel we are on the same page, if this isn't going on too long, will you explain? If not, no worries. :)

Yea, in a way. It is like a security blanket. Security blankets make a child feel more secure, but, really, it's also just a blanket. Control is like that. It makes you feel better, but it's also a meaningless ragged piece of cloth that you clutch onto.

Having to have too much control can ruin a person. In many ways. Many times it just creates a storm of negative emotions.

I guess early on as a child (this is very enneagram 7 it turns out) I decided I had better look after my own needs. Part of this is protecting one's self is trying to find your way out of problems. Or, developing really odd ways to provide security for yourself and to stave off anxiety.

Many children decide this, or rather, have this forced upon them. If it is forced, then the child will develop ways to make themselves secure and safe. I don't think that can really be blamed. It is when we grow and become adults that we need to look at all of our past issues and work through them. Life is all about learning. It never stops.

Right. Also, as far as it goes with other people. Most people prefer to be liked and to like. So, why should I go out of my way to expect the opposite?

Exactly! :)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sure they're all ENTPs? We're not all that common, you know.

Aha! My Trap and Release sterilization program is working!

Your testicles will never be the same.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
An entp must die alone, there is no other tragic ending nor hope to insanity

That is absurd advice. *Hands entopie a slice of pizza, but the spiders from his brain steal it first* Sorry, looks as if you'll be hungry tonight. :( :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
My advice stands be careful, they are insane and if you fall in love with them you'll leave one world.

You Americans obviously have a different way to fall in love with each other, but lemme tell you this: I vomitted on my hand when I saw the sparkling and then draw ur names in it

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think people find security in anything they can. I don't understand how you can hate a need to know. It seems to be that wanting to delve into something deeply is a good thing. Knowledge can be bullshit, because it can always be negated by new ideas, but overall, it is what we as humans have. I don't feel we are on the same page, if this isn't going on too long, will you explain? If not, no worries. :)

Wondering. Questing. Nothing wrong with that. It is a joyful cleaving to life. Attentive to the great mysteries of existence.

Answer seeking. Forming conclusions. This is treacherous. Many people lead themselves into the dark waters of certainty and become shipwrecked on submerged things they never saw. What is real is often beyond knowledge. Better to accept one's position of ignorance than to convince yourself that you are in possession of answers.

I was watching this show on Netflix. An Atheist had to stay with some evangelical Christians. I find Christianity useful, in theory. But, these people were appalling in their misguided certainty. I think this is very natural for humans. Checking off little checkboxes. Boxing in reality.

Having to have too much control can ruin a person. In many ways. Many times it just creates a storm of negative emotions.

The problem is. There is always more to control. It becomes obsessive. And, like all obsessions, there is no satiety.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
My advice stands be careful, they are insane and if you fall in love with them you'll leave one world.

I'm not quite understanding who is insane? INFJ's?

You Americans obviously have a different way to fall in love with each other, but lemme tell you this: I vomitted on my hand when I saw the sparkling and then draw ur names in it

Wow, you sure have a way of talking to the ladies. You should write greeting cards.

I'm kidding you know... :D

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Wondering. Questing. Nothing wrong with that. It is a joyful cleaving to life. Attentive to the great mysteries of existence.

Answer seeking. Forming conclusions. This is treacherous. Many people lead themselves into the dark waters of certainty and become shipwrecked on submerged things they never saw. What is real is often beyond knowledge. Better to accept one's position of ignorance than to convince yourself that you are in possession of answers.

I was watching this show on Netflix. An Atheist had to stay with some evangelical Christians. I find Christianity useful, in theory. But, these people were appalling in their misguided certainty. I think this is very natural for humans. Checking off little checkboxes. Boxing in reality.

Okay this I understand. I agree with this, it goes along with what I was saying in that knowledge can always change. As long as people are aware of that and keep the door of knowledge open, then all is well. When it closes it becomes very dark, but it doesn't even know it is missing the light.

The problem is. There is always more to control. It becomes obsessive. And, like all obsessions, there is no satiety.

There has to be. You can make whatever you want to happen, happen. I think people are stronger than they give themselves credit for, every day, all the time. People can be amazing.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm not quite understanding who is insane? INFJ's?

Wow, you sure have a way of talking to the ladies. You should write greeting cards.

I'm kidding you know... :D

pewpewpew