• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: WHY?

S

sammy

Why am I so attracted to ENTP men? My past FOUR boyfriends, right in a row, have been ENTP. WHY? I see an ENTP, and i'm like a racoon on a can of beans. What is this? Shouldn't I be attracted to my dual? Am I secretly ISFP? Ugh. Why, why, why?
Are you checking out guys in the same ol' hotspots?

Could be an issue of proximity, unless some of your ENTP bfs were in LDRs with you.

Just let it happen. :)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmm. I used to find ENTPs very interesting. One problem with ENTPs is that they have a short attention span with it comes to relationships, be they platonic, romantic, or just regular friendships.

The idea of being one of an ENTP's 400 friends they hang out with every week simply doesn't appeal to me.

I get tired of you talking about this. It is simply not true.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because you are a raccoon, and the male counterparts of me are cans of beans. "ENTPs ENTPs, the magical fruit, the more you eat, the... even more delicious they taste!"

Full o' fiber and gas, those ENTPs. The last one I ate had a handy nutrition label. The claims for high vitamin A were dubious, however, the braggart. I shook Mrs. Dash on him and shoved him into my slow cooker with some new potatoes and carrots. I stuck a fork in him and he took it as foreplay. Dinner was an experience.

I have a sense that the girls are way less gristly.

B

brainheart

I have a sense that the girls are way less gristly.

Gristly beans? Jesus, where do you shop? :shock:

Reminds me of the story my bro told me about eating a chicken egg in Vietnam with a crunchy chicken embryo in it.

Yum.

By the way, I want 400 friends and countless flings! :newwink: I've just got people I'll never meet on typoc and a relationship with the same awesome person for the last 12 years (or whatever it is. something like that.)

Ne doesn't necessarily translate to whatever it is you're saying, Wyst. I dig new ideas and new experiences, that doesn't have to be people. People, typically, not as interesting, so that's not usually where I focus my attention. And I value the ones I have in my life. I want those I care about to like me, I'm not going to treat them like crap.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hmm. I used to find ENTPs very interesting. One problem with ENTPs is that they have a short attention span with it comes to relationships, be they platonic, romantic, or just regular friendships.

The idea of being one of an ENTP's 400 friends they hang out with every week simply doesn't appeal to me.

Absolutely not.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Why am I so attracted to ENTP men? My past FOUR boyfriends, right in a row, have been ENTP. WHY? I see an ENTP, and i'm like a racoon on a can of beans. What is this? Shouldn't I be attracted to my dual? Am I secretly ISFP? Ugh. Why, why, why?

What's your phonenumber? :wubbie:

I do have about 400 people I hang out with yeah, but I don't have 400 friends, there's a difference. Also, my attention span is very short if I'm not interested. Friends and relationships... I'm interested in.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
four in a row? you should learn the lesson that it wont work. try not too introverted intp :newwink:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Constant attraction to the same stereotype comes either from a highly subjective PoV on the world, in which all human heads start to look like bananas and it will in most cases end for the weilder in a gunfight on the street in the wild west while waving a banner shouting: "This is a soccer match and my team's gonna win !"

Or the root of the source of the root to only being attracted to entp men lies in the phrase itself. "I am only attracted to entp men", as a phrase in itself makes room for, wild guess, 10 different interpretations of the mental sanity of the shouter and they are all bad.

I'll report back when I can come up with something better

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx

What's your enneagram?

If you're an e4 ENFP and the ENTPs you've been in relationships with were e7, then your attraction to them would make sense. Fours and Sevens are naturally intrigued by each other because they're obvious opposites.

Unfortunately, that's been my experience with them as well.

I usually just end up feeling like another notch.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

Sure they're all ENTPs? We're not all that common, you know.

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8

Considering
* I dislike most of humanity but have a handful of longtime, close friends,
* have been married 15 years to the same woman (first and only marriage for both of us) and all my pre-marriage relationship were 2+ years each

I'd say your assessment of ENTPs is spot-on :rolli: