• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] an ENTP that messes everything up

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
So why am i a constant fk up? I havnt had a girlfriend in a year, and even then it wasnt even real... well it was going good until she made out with a bunch of guys drunk... but even i do stupid shit drunk so maybe i should have been more empathetic to here feelings than how i felt about it...

But im getting off topic..:p

It seems like i am a charming mofo whenever i want something from a person, but whenever ive alrady accomplished getting that friend or something i cant really maintain it the same way as before... its like ill run so hard to get something, and then ill be out of breath to keep up the pace i was going at...like i am a pretty good friend, its just ill try to be so interesting and funny, and dont get me wrong i can accomplish that... but at the end of the day i feel like ive made no real connection with the person. I cant be so interesting and funny my whole life, i just have to chill out... but im either depressed and really introverted, or ill be in a total extroverted mood... but either way no real connection is being made..

I know i should try a new approach to life but i just cant do it. Any advice?

Maybe i think too much

RecklessRecluse

MBTI Type
eNTP
Ive learned to laugh at my fuck-ups. I take pleasure every time I see something ive worked hard to cultivate go up in flames. I have a few good friends, people Ive know forever, that are used to my ups and downs and my constant wibble wobble in between chatty charmer and recluse. The other day my friend said to me, "You know, the stuff you say and the things you do should shock or apal me. If anyone else behaved like you, thats what my reaction would be, shock or distain. But for some reason you never shock me, its like I expect it." Now Im not sure if any real connection is there, between me and my closest friends. Im inclined to say that there isnt because if they all dissapeared I wouldent be totally put off by it and would recover pretty quickly. I guess I just dont bond with people on a deep emotional level. Im ok with that, I prefer to wander, watch and float.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
relationships are different from life fuckups cuz relatiionships involve another individual. you can blame yourself for everything you fuck up...from failing a test to breaking a leg rock climbing but you cant always blame yourself for relationships

you can understand people, you cant control them

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
The only constant in all of yeur unfulfilling relationships is YEU.

That being said, the only constant in anything yeu've experienced ever going RIGHT is YEU.

Alot of it's a matter of perspective. Some of it may be related to how yeu actually interact with people as well, or the expectations yeu place upon them.

If yeu place expectations that're unrealistically high, people will fail in yeur eyes, and yeu'll feel depressed about it. If yeu place them too low, then yeu'll tollerate people who aren't truly up to yeur real standards and will eventually grow frustrated with them.

Being realistic on that matter will help alot; the personal standard I've set for everyone else other than myself, is that all they need to do to make me happy with them is *TRY* to better themselves. If they screw up, tough, it happens to all of us now and then, if they learn from their mistake and try to prevent a reoccurance, even if something goes wrong the next time, at least they are gradually progressing and getting better, and eventually won't have those issues anymore. This's all I ask for of others. I'd never impose my personal standards I have for myself on anyone else... I'd be homicidal by now if that were the case XD

In any case; half yeur problem is probably attracting the wrong type of people to yeu, and I don't neccesarily mean MBTI type either. The other half, is likely issues with how yeu interact with people once yeu DO know them. I personally don't have many long lasting relationships in general, be it friendships or more significant stuffs. It's a rough road as an entp at times as yeu won't really have much loyalty... if people become stale and boring, no point hanging around, right? Some types tend to hang around for decades with people they flat out HATE. We don't do that very well, and people change quite frequently.

Yeur sense of taste supposedly changes roughly every 7 years; foods yeu enjoyed yeu'll generally dislike after 7 years of having them too often, and other foods yeu hated yeu'll find yeu now enjoy. It's honestly about the same with people as a whole; I wouldn't be surprised if about every 7 years yeu go through a new phaze in yeur life.

Accept this, and it's easier to adapt to people as they change, or accept that they may not be the same person yeu care for anymore.

Not sure how helpful this is, but hopefully it's worth something to yeu ^^

(FL)Cross

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sounds like you're an ENTP with INTP-syndrome. :coffee:

I've found that I fluctuate between the two depending on how depressed I am. If I'm in a real poor state of mind, I take on more characteristics of an INTP. Most of the time I'm an ENTP.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Katsuni, I LL CUT YOU

S

sammy

Gosh, Katsuni said it best.

I've been that way before too, at times. Be more cautious in where you invest your energy and interests in people. This is difficult to do at first because it's like a bad habit.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Yeah, I think it's quite normal for an ENTP to be slightly bi-polar. I can get a bit depressed sometimes, while at other times I'm the happiest puppy. My state effects everything I do, but I also figured out that just doing things makes me happier.

So my advice is to just do things, life's an experience anyway, so go ahead and experience it the way you want to.

@ RecklessRecluse

I know what you mean, the other day somebody was giving a presentation about the quality management at my new job, but did a rather poor job in presenting. I was the only one who gave feedback (not criticism) on this, and the other people there were shocked that I said this, eventhough they all admitted they had noticed the same thing. The person who gave the presentation obviously felt uncomfortable, but she laughed again when I asked her if I could come over to her office for a cup of coffee sometimes.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yap, first thing to change to mess things up is a positive attitude :D

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
So why am i a constant fk up? I havnt had a girlfriend in a year, and even then it wasnt even real... well it was going good until she made out with a bunch of guys drunk... but even i do stupid shit drunk so maybe i should have been more empathetic to here feelings than how i felt about it...

But im getting off topic..:p

It seems like i am a charming mofo whenever i want something from a person, but whenever ive alrady accomplished getting that friend or something i cant really maintain it the same way as before... its like ill run so hard to get something, and then ill be out of breath to keep up the pace i was going at...like i am a pretty good friend, its just ill try to be so interesting and funny, and dont get me wrong i can accomplish that... but at the end of the day i feel like ive made no real connection with the person. I cant be so interesting and funny my whole life, i just have to chill out... but im either depressed and really introverted, or ill be in a total extroverted mood... but either way no real connection is being made..

I know i should try a new approach to life but i just cant do it. Any advice?

Maybe i think too much

You do.

I'd suggest the shrink's office, but make sure it's the right one. What you're saying sounds familiar. It might be more about your emotions than anything.

Just remember - it's not always your fault.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
OP: How old are you? What are your passions and goals? How's your studies or your career, your relationships with your friends and family? We need to know more about you before we can give you any useful advice.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
passions ? An NT does not have passions. Drunk ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Now, that cannot possibly be true.

It's always true when I say it... some people in my circle of friends even started to call me mbti cause I make so much sense.

What did you think ? Second guessing ur god is punished by pizza denial did you now ?

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
It's always true when I say it... some people in my circle of friends even started to call me mbti cause I make so much sense.

What did you think ? Second guessing ur god is punished by pizza denial did you now ?

I think you should stop making sense. The pizza's getting cold, and cold pizza is only for mornings.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
^^ Gotcha

Dear World:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNJC2_WZg_g"].[/YOUTUBE]