• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] unhappy being an intp/me

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
nikenikenike, my advice is to listen to the devil on your right shoulder sometimes. He may not be the best decision maker, but he's hella fun.

That said, you should use your strong suits to make the changes you want. For you, as an INTP, it will probably be your analytical skills. It's useless to tell yourself to just 'go out and have fun'. Instead you should tell yourself: 'Learn to go out and develop social skills', or something alike. A logical next step would seem to spend some time with your roommates, pick their brains, ask them to take you out or introduce you to people.

By the way, nikenikenike means victoryvictoryvictory in ancient greek. Go for it!

Last edited:

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"For you, as an INTP, it will probably be your analytical skills. It's useless to tell yourself to just 'go out and have fun'. Instead you should tell yourself: 'Learn to go out and develop social skills'.''

I really like how this was worded. Look at this situation as a chance to learn, not necessarily to let go. You do not have to let go, as letting go can usually lead to serious consequences that many cannot recover from. As an INTP, you enjoy learning and analyzing and perceiving. Use the personality that you supposedly loathe to your advantage, to see and experience the great places it can take you. You just might end up understanding yourself better, and come to like your type.