• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] It's a strenuousness to talk to people..

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
..and have them understand you fully, because you want it.

Is that a problem caused by insanity or just a language barrier ? I dont know

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXLNeslNEZw&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

S

sammy

I think it's a language barrier, and I'd rather not think it is insanity lol.

I was born and raised in the states, but it takes a while for most people to truly understand where I'm coming from with the things I say. I attribute it to the fact that most of the people around me are not into puns, innuendos, nor other forms of connections with language and ideas. It's tiresome to them to try and understand those connections. Sucks when people don't understand and you want them too, though.

Can you give an example of something you want others to understand?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No, thanks for your trust, but no it's insanity.

Every person that works in my department, what are the only people I am in contact with besides my family, does treat me when talking to me like I have an illness and need to be treated very carefully.

I tell you, they amass armies against us, they are after us, they want our heads !

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I struggle putting my thoughts into words and am generally quiet. When I do try, it usually comes out the wrong way. Or I may end up saying something then I take a step back and realize that the thing that came out of my mouth did not sum up my thought in the least bit. I have a need to have a chunk of time not talking to people, it helps me to recharge. Too much talking within the span of a short period of time puts me into frazzled mode. When I'm just lost in thoughts and someone cuts into my thoughts, it jolts and disorients me a bit.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Sometimes it seems like folk want to read waaay more into what I say than what's actually there. :shrug::unsure:

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It can be depending on who I am speaking too :newwink:. Some people are like black holes they just suck and suck it all in and don't give anything back but then I did hear a theory that blackholes are able to offer unlimited energy so maybe I can use that with those blackhole peeps or maybe just send them onto another person lol. On a more serious note yes some are difficult to talk too.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I struggle to be understood, even though I put a lot into slimming down things in a way easily understood by others. But I eventually realized people don't draw the same conclusions as I do, because they either a) don't see the same patterns that I see when I compare two things. b) They cannot see various associations at the same time. You end up having to break down everything further and losing your train of thought/point you wanted to make.

Greed

#1 thot
seems to definitely be true for the thread starter, considering they appear to be permabanned

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes it seems like folk want to read waaay more into what I say than what's actually there. :shrug::unsure:
That happens to me, too, now and then. I have no idea where people get this imaginary content. I generally say what I mean, and mean what I say, unless I am joking around (and even then, often I do).