• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTJs and time; ENTPs and space

sculpting

For me:
Si sees backwards-what worked well before, what was problematic in the past
Ne sees forward-what could work in the future and uses the Si past to identify new wasy to combine information and generate new possibilities.

I dont see the present for the most part.

A fun NLP experiment.

1. close your eyes (after reading this of course)
2. Imagine next Christmas. Imagine last Christmas.
3. Identify where are they located with respect to your body.

For some folks they are front to back, some are spread discretely in front of them like a timeline. Everybody differs a bit.

For me, the past is actually in my head, right behind my eyes. Events far in the future-long term plans-typically career changes, educational goals, family plans, anything big and planned-are distinctly about 8 in in front of my face, but delineated cleanly. Short term events-all squished together right in front of my forehead. Somebody is a last minute planner for the little stuff.

Supposedly by learning to take this visual map and modify, you can become more efficient at how you plan-almost like you learn to perceive time differently perhaps?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me:
Si sees backwards-what worked well before, what was problematic in the past
Ne sees forward-what could work in the future and uses the Si past to identify new wasy to combine information and generate new possibilities.

I dont see the present for the most part.

A fun NLP experiment.

1. close your eyes (after reading this of course)
2. Imagine next Christmas. Imagine last Christmas.
3. Identify where are they located with respect to your body.

For some folks they are front to back, some are spread discretely in front of them like a timeline. Everybody differs a bit.

For me, the past is actually in my head, right behind my eyes. Events far in the future-long term plans-typically career changes, educational goals, family plans, anything big and planned-are distinctly about 8 in in front of my face, but delineated cleanly. Short term events-all squished together right in front of my forehead. Somebody is a last minute planner for the little stuff.

Supposedly by learning to take this visual map and modify, you can become more efficient at how you plan-almost like you learn to perceive time differently perhaps?

wow. i just did that, and I felt like I was traveling light years in distance, through a worm hole, in about 3 seconds! (going forward for future, backwards for past)

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I would just like to state my preference for black holes because they manage to screw both up in interesting and unfathomable ways ^.^

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJs can reign over all the eons with their almighty accomplishments and ENTPs can expand throughout the furthest depths of space.

W

WhoCares

I tho do not understand how Ni and time is connected. I thought in the case of my girlfriend that her demand for time efficiency is a Te thing but given the strongness it has in her that cant really be true, if she's supposed to be INFJ.

She's a J. She's drawn to completion, plan and execute. If you say let's eat. She'll make sure the eating thing is done. ;)

Not sure my life reflects this theory though. I am drawn to both visual arts and music. Always have been and tend to have more talent for the visual arts. Drawing, sculpting and metal smithing are where I have my most natural abilities. Although I enjoy music I'm not a natural musician at all. I suck quite badly at it even though I like it.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The INTJ master of time is:

And the ENTP master of space is:

[MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION] was telling me in the below post from this thread that types such as INTJ and ENTP could as far as functions go share an elegantly interconnected relationship.
A few days ago I had a passing idea that the inferior function's opposite is the theoretic last preferred/least developed function. Since, the concept has grown slightly in scope.

The implications are as follows:

ENTP - Ne/Ni/Ti/Te/Fe/Fi/Si/Se

ISTP - Ti/Te/Se/Si/Ni/Ne/Fe/Fi

INFJ - Ni/Ne/Fe/Fi/Ti/Te/Se/Si

ESFJ - Fe/Fi/Si/Se/Ne/Ni/Ti/Te

The secondary function set is perhaps actuated by extenuating circumstance, such as stress at work or being placed in an unfamiliar/uncomfortable situation. I know in my case when under stress, I become less of a Ti user and more of a Te user, but not an inefficient Te user... also in line with my thinking is that I am highly insusceptible to displaying Fi, perhaps making it my last theoretical preferred function.

An example of external thinking would be an ENTP undergoing relationship troubles, attempting to Ni signs out of every gleaning spot of information available. It is not a preferred modus operandi, but exists nonetheless.

I suppose, if you'd like to weigh in, consider the opposites of your dominant through inferior functions and how/when you actually use them, presuming you do. Can you relate at all to this? Are you aware of theory already in this vein? I've heard Socionics has an opinion of shadow functions similar to mine.

@RaptorWizard, this would also explain why you get ENTP and INTJ at varying rates, eh?

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah that sounds right. Maybe this explains the INTJ death stare. Maybe INTJs vision is omnipresent. Maybe INTJ is..god.