• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Evil Genius and Evil Masterminds: ENTP or INTJ?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
[YOUTUBE="qHk3nAx-bQc"]ENTP villain[/YOUTUBE]

or INTJ I don' know (the dude talking in the dark).....

Windigo

digesthisickness said:
absolutely. especially in the winter months when i can't get some fresh air, sun, etc. they seem to help a lot in bringing me out of my own mind when it starts to feel claustrophobic in there.

however, otherwise, i actually need those times. i'd go nuts without them. it's when it's as if my mind has hit 'repeat' that i know i'm way too stressed to get anything good out of it.

I'm exactly like this, especially in the winter. I've noticed the sunshine and nature seems to snap me into the present reality and make me feel more "alive." I hate being trapped in buildings for too long.

I also seem to need plenty of down introspective time, but after a while I get very claustrophobic in my head and have a hard time disengaging from my own brain.

Shimmy said:
Ugh, they're horrible. They do stop after a while though.

:cry::hug:

Aramis said:
I'm going through it right now. I hope to god I don't get stuck for too long. I'm awkward as hell like this.

Awkward how? Inter-relationally? Or personally?:hug:

thisGuy said:
ENTPs gotta be careful when we go into i-need-to-be-by-myself mood...careful about the subject about which we NeTi...if there is absolutely any negative feeling associated with the subject, we can go into burn'em-to-the-ground mode...but only till we go out and meet with people (or play soccer, something thats fast paced requires us to be there 100%), then we can calm down a bit.

that said, ENTPs with a developed Ti can usually not only control that negative Fe but analyze it and be one more rung up with self-development

when do they stop? youll get bored...feel lethargic...maybe eat too much...feel like taking a vacation cuz you think you are stuck in a rut...just want to get the hell away from there...youll feel claustrophobic. go out and feel the wind, let your sensations tickle a little...go out for good food...even though you are only going to buy groceries, take the time to dress up and look good. make the most of absolutely everything you do

Thank you all for your honesty. I think I understand completely what you mean. I am recently coming out of a very low period. (A burn em to the ground one as well--although I'd like to hear a clear definition of what this means.)

I have always felt the need to go introspective which has sometimes frustrated my friends (the uninitiated ones). I go from 100 miles per hour 100% involved in many things, to a grinding introspective halt. I have only been in a big funk once before in my life. This time though I could feel it coming on for a long time because I had many crises happen in a short period of time that left me little time for speculation/integration . . . so I just shut down.

In high school, I really related to a poem by WB Yeats about these birds that flew between Spain and Africa, because it was a symbol for the writer's need to immerse himself in life and then conversely withdraw from it to make sense of it. I don't remember the name of the poem though.

I am trying to figure out if I'm actually an ENTP that shadows as an INTJ or an ENTJ that shadows as an ISFP. I seem to use Te and Ne equally so it gets rather confusing at times. But I don't know many ENTJs who get into long term funks.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJs are much more calculated and focused on particular long term goals.

ENTPs are usually just impulsive manipulators who do whatever generates the most interesting reaction at the moment.

In terms of evil supervillains, ENTPs are more likely to invent some diabolical device just for the sake of the enjoyment of creating it and seeing what it does.

INTJs are more likely to invent it (or get someone else to make it) for a particularly calculated purpose.

So I'd say "mastermind" fits the INTJ mold better. The ENTP is far more interested in designing and creating new gadgets than in actually applying them to some particular goal.

R

Riva

Wasn't there a thread just like this? ENTP Vs ENTJ?

The success of the villains depend on the scenarios.

(1) Movies - Mastermind bent on ruling the world (xNTJ)
(2) TV series (especially soap operas) - Revenge bent villains who justifies their evil doings (ESTPs)
(3) Real Life

Lets be realistic. Your next door neighbor who hates you would not be successful in his plans on taking over the world just to kill you after humiliating you. Which proves that INTJ villains are mostly successful on the movie screens.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I'm going through it right now. I hope to god I don't get stuck for too long. I'm awkward as hell like this.

Shimmy: when do they stop for you?

Lots of sport, social interaction. I recently got a new job that provided me with an interesting communication training where I could learn a lot. Basically, as soon as I figure out that I'm not feeling happy, I need to go and do something or find new experiences.

Last winter one thing worked very well for me, but due to the legal status and unpredictability I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is depressed and inexperienced: Psilocybin.

Ayeaye

Whats the difference between the two? Both types has the capability to manipulate everyone to do the work for them and stay hidden in the background. Both types are often confused with each other . Both types can use other people as chesspieces to achieve their goal.

So whats the difference between NiTe manipulation and NeTi manipulation?

I think the fact you need to apply characteristic traits to such a rigid system Ie: nite as the label for such a diverse thought and emotional pattern simply confuses the issue further.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
INTJs are much more calculated and focused on particular long term goals.

ENTPs are usually just impulsive manipulators who do whatever generates the most interesting reaction at the moment.

In terms of evil supervillains, ENTPs are more likely to invent some diabolical device just for the sake of the enjoyment of creating it and seeing what it does.

INTJs are more likely to invent it (or get someone else to make it) for a particularly calculated purpose.

So I'd say "mastermind" fits the INTJ mold better. The ENTP is far more interested in designing and creating new gadgets than in actually applying them to some particular goal.

Ti is pretty calculating, in my opinion.

It doesn't matter if they have a framework and plan, if they can't adapt to randomness, everything wil fail. No one is so smart as to be able to plan against every eventuality.

Anyway, I am too lazy to do all this calculating and plannning, it doesn't mean i am not capable of doing it though. I'll leave it to the INTPs to outhink their opponents.

Windigo

Last winter one thing worked very well for me, but due to the legal status and unpredictability I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is depressed and inexperienced: Psilocybin.

Stopped doing that because it led to extreme pain in my lower back . . . not sure why. Fun times in the past but I wouldn't do it again.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Cloud's next nonsensical thread: WHICH NT TYPE WOULD WIN A THUMB-WRESTLING CONTEST?

I'm extremely good at this! I'd most certainly beat any INTJ at this particular game.

Stopped doing that because it led to extreme pain in my lower back . . . not sure why. Fun times in the past but I wouldn't do it again.

Nop, it's physically very draining. A girl I know who took it got her period two days later, 2 weeks before she was supposed to. I usually get stomach aches for a couple of hours after the stuff wares of, they are very nasty. Definitely worth the experience in my opinion though.

Windigo

I'm extremely good at this! I'd most certainly beat any ENTJ at this particular game.
Funny, I was going to guess ENTP!

Nop, it's physically very draining. A girl I know who took it got her period two days later, 2 weeks before she was supposed to. I usually get stomach aches for a couple of hours after the stuff wares of, they are very nasty. Definitely worth the experience in my opinion though.

Definitely, especially when backpacking in some amazingly gorgeous place. I didn't realize it led to this sort of pain in others. Interesting.

S

sammy

Lots of sport, social interaction. I recently got a new job that provided me with an interesting communication training where I could learn a lot. Basically, as soon as I figure out that I'm not feeling happy, I need to go and do something or find new experiences.

Hmm, good advice. I'm about to start a new job on Wednesday, with potentially endless social and intellectual stimulation, if I should continue in this direction.

What sort of sports worked best for you? Independent or group sports?

Ha! I'll check out that drug's side effects out of curiosity. :)

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
The Joker is a retarded villain, don't mention him as a classic example of ENTP villain, he is an example of someone whose brain got hit by a brick.(hes insane)

the INTJs can have house. he's nothing but a cheap, comparatively boring as shit, knock off of sherlock holmes(THEY MAKE NO EFFORT AT ALL OF CONCEALING THIS(AND HES ENTP)) anyway.

of his, i've been a fan for years. house entertained me for a month or two.

Its like you people just woke up today and all decided to piss me off.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Hmm, good advice. I'm about to start a new job on Wednesday, with potentially endless social and intellectual stimulation, if I should continue in this direction.

What sort of sports worked best for you? Independent or group sports?

Ha! I'll check out that drug's side effects out of curiosity. :)

Cool, good luck with your new job.

I'm a rower, so it's an independent or a group sport depending on what you want it to be. Otherwise, anything that can get me physically tired works, but I do like to go sporting with friends rather than alone.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Its like you people just woke up today and all decided to piss me off.

lmao. yes I have to agree

after all, typing is JUST typing, people are all different, and they changed.

There are INTJ's better than other INTJ's
and there are ENTP's better than other ENTP's

What are the chances that there are ENTP's better than other INTJ's and vice versa??

hmmm. :yes:

Johnfloyd6675

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Let's say I decide to steal $600m in bearer bonds from a building with Bruce Willis hiding in it. I'm gonna be the suave, charming, but genuinely frightening bad guy in this story. I have in my truck a black guy, which is only a racist sentence if you make it racist. The black guy has Aspergers or something and he runs the computers and the IT during the heist. He's sufficiently with-it to scramble some of my guys with rocket launchers up to the window to blow up a police APC. During a long standoff, I persuade the media, the FBI, and the State Department, that I am a deadly-serious supporter of political causes I really don't care about, and, to the dismay of the 5-0, I blow the building up twice. My black friend sits in front of his computers, especially the one breaking into the bank's computer with a virus the black guy himself wrote.

ENTP and INTJ. Together we die hard.

nucleaReligion

MBTI Type
ENTP
How about Hubert Farnsworth from Futurama?

He's not good or evil. He's "chaotically neutral"

remember his "doomday device?"
"I guess I can still part with one and still be feared."