• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Evil Genius and Evil Masterminds: ENTP or INTJ?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
The Joker is a retarded villain, don't mention him as a classic example of ENTP villain, he is an example of someone whose brain got hit by a brick.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
the INTJs can have house. he's nothing but a cheap, comparatively boring as shit, knock off of sherlock holmes anyway.

of his, i've been a fan for years. house entertained me for a month or two.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Another example:

Edmond Dantes from Count of Monte Cristo.

I should have renamed this thread INTJ/ENTP confusion.

I say Ti is a great tool for plotting and reading people's hidden motivations and behavior. (but not so great at predicting the future). That is why i say ENTP has the capability to be an evil genius.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Another example:

Edmond Dantes from Count of Monte Cristo.

I should have renamed this thread INTJ/ENTP confusion.

I would say anybody locked up in isolation (especially with no books or entertainment) has the time to come up with a meticulous plan or otherwise just go crazy.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I do try to manipulate a lot yeah. Never done it to hurt people, I use it to get what I want. I wish I was better at it.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Any type can be a villain. They would bring their specific strengths to bear. The ENTP would excel at appearing to be someone else (reality distortion) while pursuing a secret life. Like the Green Goblin.

sculpting

I don't know how one could confuse an INTJ and ENTP, unless the ENTP were "acting" like an INTJ on purpose.

I think the ENTP may rely more on opportunity (and/or create opportunity) to enact revenge/manipulate etc. An INTJ would already know all the elements at hand before taking any kind of action to manipulate the situation or people. The INTJ would not tolerate surprises ie: a monkey-wrench in their evil scheme.

Many ENTPs I talk to say they have had shadowy periods in their lives where they felt very INTJ-like. For some of them this was a long term affair (ENFPs would be shadowy INFJs), for some Te seems to be just a tool used under stress that can kinda get pulled outta the basement.

I met an ENTP like this once-in an INTJ shadow mode. I didnt understand him as I couldnt find his Fi. I didnt know what Fi was then, I just knew he seemed INTJ, but without the sweetness. He was a total douche. I ignored him as an anomaly until he went out to a work party and went into insane Ne mode. An ENTP? What???

Then i ended up here as I couldnt understand him based on the simple MBTI letters.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i could see how someone would confuse me with an INTJ when i'm in my introspective modes. i have to have those moments, or i'd go crazy, and i prefer to be alone when experiencing them, but that can't always happen. so, if someone stumbles in on it, they usually turn around and leave pretty quickly.

S

sammy

Many ENTPs I talk to say they have had shadowy periods in their lives where they felt very INTJ-like. For some of them this was a long term affair (ENFPs would be shadowy INFJs), for some Te seems to be just a tool used under stress that can kinda get pulled outta the basement.

I met an ENTP like this once-in an INTJ shadow mode. I didnt understand him as I couldnt find his Fi. I didnt know what Fi was then, I just knew he seemed INTJ, but without the sweetness. He was a total douche. I ignored him as an anomaly until he went out to a work party and went into insane Ne mode. An ENTP? What???

Then i ended up here as I couldnt understand him based on the simple MBTI letters.
Hmm. Good point. I tested ISFP in 2001 (I was 15 years old, so it wasn't actually reflective of who I was --more of what I was expected to be and so I played that role up in an exaggerated way), INTJ until 2005 (grudge-years), INFJ for a while (when that Fe kicked in big time), ENTJ/P ever since 2006.

I can imagine just how confused you must have been meeting a shadowy-ENTP. We're nuts. :ninja:

Do you think you understand him better ever since coming here?

sculpting

Hmm. Good point. I tested ISFP in 2001 (I was 15 years old, so it wasn't actually reflective of who I was --more of what I was expected to be and so I played that role up in an exaggerated way), INTJ until 2005 (grudge-years), INFJ for a while (when that Fe kicked in big time), ENTJ/P ever since 2006.

I can imagine just how confused you must have been meeting a shadowy-ENTP. We're nuts. :ninja:

Do you think you understand him better ever since coming here?

This particular guy-yes, but he is 45. Lots of ENTPs I have met went through this like you did-when they were younger growing into themselves.

This guy kinda got stuck there. He has become a lot healthier in the last six months as he has become more confident. Now he is kinda NeFeTi like and you rarely see the INTJ like face. He also can be very heavy Ne when out partying. But it isnt really the beautiful version of Fe that some of my older, very responsible ENTP men have. He doesnt have the same ties back into the social group that my other older ENTP men do, so he isnt always so ethical. But he is an exception, not the norm.

Windigo

i could see how someone would confuse me with an INTJ when i'm in my introspective modes. i have to have those moments, or i'd go crazy, and i prefer to be alone when experiencing them, but that can't always happen. so, if someone stumbles in on it, they usually turn around and leave pretty quickly.

Do you ever get *stuck* in one of those introspective modes?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I think I have the full capacity for being an evil mastermind.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP

absolutely. especially in the winter months when i can't get some fresh air, sun, etc. they seem to help a lot in bringing me out of my own mind when it starts to feel claustrophobic in there.

however, otherwise, i actually need those times. i'd go nuts without them. it's when it's as if my mind has hit 'repeat' that i know i'm way too stressed to get anything good out of it.

S

sammy

I'm going through it right now. I hope to god I don't get stuck for too long. I'm awkward as hell like this.

Shimmy: when do they stop for you?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
ENTPs gotta be careful when we go into i-need-to-be-by-myself mood...careful about the subject about which we NeTi...if there is absolutely any negative feeling associated with the subject, we can go into burn'em-to-the-ground mode...but only till we go out and meet with people (or play soccer, something thats fast paced requires us to be there 100%), then we can calm down a bit.

that said, ENTPs with a developed Ti can usually not only control that negative Fe but analyze it and be one more rung up with self-development

when do they stop? youll get bored...feel lethargic...maybe eat too much...feel like taking a vacation cuz you think you are stuck in a rut...just want to get the hell away from there...youll feel claustrophobic. go out and feel the wind, let your sensations tickle a little...go out for good food...even though you are only going to buy groceries, take the time to dress up and look good. make the most of absolutely everything you do.