• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] former ENFP becoming INTP? maturing?

Windigo

Oh man, reading this made me remember what a retard I was when I was a kid. :doh:

I would spend my time pushing the buttons of other people, get a reaction and then argue/bullshit my way out of it...

Social experiments was obviously not in my dictionary back then, but it could just as well have been..

I understand the need to test people. I used to argue with people for fun.:devil:

I also had an ENTP friend who used to do things like beg people for money to buy food he had never tasted before, take a bite and throw it in the trash and then pull out a $20 to buy what he wanted in the first place.:doh:

He would argue that it was just money and we were showing our bourgeoise tendencies by getting angry about money!:steam:

So I think you have less to be ashamed of than he did! :newwink:

And we were all jerks as kids for some reason or another. :)

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I don't feel like an ENFP anymore at all... I wish I did. I fell this void of enthusiasm has been replaced with this reality check, and also desire to do something practical and of value. Also I don't like crowds, being the center of attention, I am Ne, I think, but I feel more anger then passion for things.

I don't feel the need to spread the news around, like I used to... Like ENFP, when I first tested I was borderline ENTP, on Kiersey. It was one point away from F. I recently took the test again and At first I took the test again got INTP- this time. ?

I am not brilliantly intelligent, if anything I have a weak T. But it is there.
Does this even matter anyway?

Don't worry from my experienes on INTP forums I wouldn't say being brilliantly intelligent has much to do with being intp.:D

but more seriously, none of the things you described sound specifically intpish. And INTP could want to do something practical and of value, but so could an ENFP.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
HermeticDancer,

Maybe this relates to your love life? You are obviously a beautiful woman, who, from what it sounds like through reading your threads, encountered some partners who didn't quite treat you right. So, it's normal that you feel a bit distraught. It's tough to keep up the enthusiasm when you feel emotionally wrung out..

I tested borderline ENFP/ENTP in my MBTI test I took in college.. so I somewhat relate.

I think situational factors in your life can be a key indicator to how you're feeling.

PTSD or any kind of trauma can really change a person, and make them feel a bit.. desensitized? Yah. Sorry to hear about your situation. Find a new passion or hobby.. Maybe you'll meet Mr. Right along the way? I find that when I'm doing what I love doing, and am true to myself, the more likely I attract the same attention/vibration. Hang in there! :hug:

S

sammy

Windigo, your description of ENTP life-progression was spot on! Jeesh, I was incredibly obsessed with dinosaurs for most of my life. Female ones, in particular. ;)

Hermeticdancer, I agree with others on here that you're an ENFP. My cousin is an ENFP and the way you're describing yourself is how she is during periods of her life when things aren't going quite "naturally" for her. External factors have caused her to downplay her strengths and tone down her feelings.

Can you describe what you're like when you're at your happiest/content?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
practical/reality/angry = Te

ENFPs have tertiary Te. I think you're just maturing.

You could also be depressed. I don't know, it kind of sounds like it.