• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Handbags

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I had my neice over for the weekend, she is an ENFP and she arrived with what could only be described as a shopping bag as her handbag.

It's something I've notices about ENFP women, they often have very large shopping bags that they use as handbag (also they tend to be fairly disheveled individuals - at least the women do)... this got me thinking do NT's have different tastes in handbags.

Personally speaking I like a small bag with a long shoulder strap... I don't really like short straps that you have to carry around in your hand - but fashion doens't always give me as much choice as I would like.

I tend to only use one handbag that gets changed for very specal occations or when it has worn out.

So ladies (and I guess - men - with their man bags).... what type of handbags do you own/prefer etc?

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I only have 2 things which could be counted as a purse: a coinpurse, and a wooden one. Standard purses/handbags are pointless to me. Too large to fit in a pocket, too small to carry as much crap as I carry around.

picture.php

Whot I use as a "handbag" is a luggage case with a shoulder strap and wheels and one of those extendable hand grips so I don't have to carry it very far, just usually on and off the bus XD

It also doubles as a backpack, another piece of junk I see people carrying around often which I see no purpose for. Waste of space, poorly shaped, they don't carry books all that well due to their shape/size, yeu're better off getting a square-shaped luggage case which is far more ideally suited to most tasks. Only down side is it's large and heavy to carry, but that's whot wheels and shoulder straps are for.

And yes, my bag weighs about half as much as I do XD

...possibly more...

B

brainheart

Cloth, big enough to put a couple of books and water and a snack in. Long straps so I can carry it on my shoulder. Something funny or unique looking. Something like this:

340779885v0_150x150_Front.jpg

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
disheveled!!?? ha! why...i never...haha

i have a lot of bags kinda...although i usually just use the new one for a long time...anyway...i don't have any like you described small with a skinny strap...never have...all of them are at least big enough to put a magazine in but i prefer it if i can also put my camera...i do have one seriously sexy leather clutch thing that i'll use if i need to get all dressed up. :)

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I'd be the same. I use small-ish bags with long shoulder straps, or else back-packs. I only have one typical handbag, and I loathe it so never use it :tongue:. A cousin of mine (SP) has a million and one different handbags, but I couldn't care less tbh! :D

P

Phantonym

I guess I would be the "shopping bag" lady. My handbags are usually on the larger side to fit all the junk useful stuff I carry around. I like to stick to one favourite for quite some time and change them when I get fed up. My current one is about 45 cm/17'' in width and 30cm/12'' in height. Is that big? To me it's just right. It's useful to whack somebody when needed.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
batman-utility-belt.jpg

Gotta stay mobile, can't have your balanced messed up by handbag.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I used to carry a purse that was waterproof and large enough to carry a book, my camera, all my money and cards and such, an umbrella, an extra shirt and underwear, shampoo, conditioner, makeup, toothpaste and a toothbrush and everything else that could be of use... it was about the size of a children's shoebox :devil:

Unfortunatly, I lost it :dry:

now I carry a purse that's only semi-large- I can't fit a book, umbrella OR change of clothes in it :cry:

Regan

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
yeah, totes are pretty popular nowadays, it seems.
i just have a med size barrel handbag. i wish i didn't have to carry one, but i can't fit all the shit in my pocket.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That is interesting, I notice that ESFJs that I know tend to carry really large bags, big totes and oversize designer hobo bags.

Huge bags are not my style. For my day-to-day, I carry a smart satchel handbag, seasonal, but not too trendy. I like to be prepared, but I don't stuff it with everything but the kitchen sink. Can switch to a tote if I need to carry a lot with me. Clutches are only for parties for me. If I need only the essentials, I like to use a wristlet.

RecklessRecluse

MBTI Type
eNTP
I carry this most places:
2myp6vt.jpg

For classier occasions I have something more delicate and small:
ekrrrm.jpg

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I prefer my handbag small with a long shoulder strap. Though really I'd prefer clothes with bigger pockets, like the men have.
Why oh why are those fashion designers STILL clinging to the idea that beautiful = impractical?
You know, there ARE women whose Te is stronger than their Se. (but I guess none of those become a fashion designer :doh:)

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
attachment.php

me with one of many bags.
not dishevled.
not bag lady
wilsons leather, metallic gold/brown silver chain

one I wear now during the day which is tan Liz Claborne print medium, classy.
night bag, large black with buckles (Aldo), snake skin clutch, or a leather solid color small bag in yellow, red, lime green with gold detail... etc

I love purses, and Wilson's leather.

Sometimes I wear a gem money clip, and id in coat pocket, and leave the purse.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like bags that could fit my laptop in, ones that can go over my shoulder are ideal, messenger bags are great and/or ones that look funky. Stuff like:

Etiquette

Spencer and Rutherford

or

gucci_messenger_bag.jpg
Louis+Vuitton+Damier+Graphite+Messenger.bmp
louis-vuitton_363.jpg

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I want my hands to be free and I also ride a bike a lot, so my bags should be big (to carry around all the junk) with long straps, preferably messenger bags.
too bad these are not in fashion. not that I care about the fashion but it means I actually have only one handbag that I actually use (and several I rarely use).
I used to have backpacks, but I reckon I'm too old for them now *sigh

Lizbot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
If I'm not going to school, I have my messenger bag. It isn't even letter-sized, and the strap is the perfect length. I too like to have both hands at the ready for reading, knitting, hand-to-hand combat, and obscene gestures.