• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Don't get women at all

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
It's just a fact I'm afraid. I'm not a misogynist, rationally I believe in feminism. But with real life women, I just, don't get 'em.

I mean don't get me wrong, I know how to "pull" (as we say in Landan Town) etc. - I just find it pathetic the way that by acting in a way that I find annoying/transparent, I can "pull", whereas by acting in a way I find genuinely admirable, I wouldn't. So it's not that I don't know the rules, I just don't get them.

So a few questions:

1.) Why is it that women will pretend to want a nice guy etc., but really are fascinated by you if you are an asshole, and will harrass you to show a "human" side, but then, soon get bored once you have shown it (or at least, if you don't turn it off very quickly).

2.) Leading on from that, why be annoyed by arrogance when this is what attracted you in the first place, and when there were plenty of non-arrogant guys who like you, who you could go for, but don't.

3.) Why demand the hypocrisy that someone be "ambitious" or an "alpha male" in more general terms, but that they not be an asshole, when clearly, the two can't be seprated (by definition, climbing above other people, means taking advantage of situations for your benefit at their expense, i.e., being an asshole)? So why do we have to play some game of denying assholery while at the very same time taking a shit on everyone else?

Actually those 3 questions are probably all the same, but whatever. :D

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think your future wife will appreciate being grouped in with women that are like that just because of her gender.

Have some respect!

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yes to above, there are different types of women. Attracting women on the level of “pulling” is more about immediate, fleeting, superficial attraction (as I understand it), so a more transparent approach will work for you with women looking for that sort of thing. For the same reason, an arrogant bad-boy type promises more immediate, up-and-down stimulation and excitement for this more short-term approach to attraction than non-arrogance.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
it's not as simple as that, although it probably seems like it to guys. women (well, i can only speak for myself, of course) like balanced men, who are comfortable with who they are. nobody likes an asshole, but nobody likes a pushover, either... did that help? :)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
We need a "why do girls like assholes" section of the forum already.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think your future wife will appreciate being grouped in with women that are like that just because of her gender.

Have some respect!
exactly...people are individuals...i'm sure you see yourself as such, different than these other types of guys...don't play the game if you hate it...i don't and never have...screw it. be you...genuinely you...and nice when you mean it and stand up for yourself when you should...you can be both good guy and the guy who goes after what he wants.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Balance, balance, balance...

Nice guy/Pushover:
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVDtcno4uP0"]"[/YOUTUBE]

Jerk/Asshole:
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX5zj3RFjuQ"]"[/YOUTUBE]

Man/Gentlemen:
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaC2tS5B-LM"]"[/YOUTUBE]

:)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In a nutshell, I don't think you'll get anywhere by thinking of women as one entitity, with such predictable behave as a whole, that can be understood like one entity.

P

Phantonym

Don't get women at all

Bit of an overgeneralization, don't you think? You haven't met all women and never will. Maybe you should ask yourself why are you drawn to such women you describe.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It's just a fact I'm afraid. I'm not a misogynist, rationally I believe in feminism. But with real life women, I just, don't get 'em.

I mean don't get me wrong, I know how to "pull" (as we say in Landan Town) etc. - I just find it pathetic the way that by acting in a way that I find annoying/transparent, I can "pull", whereas by acting in a way I find genuinely admirable, I wouldn't. So it's not that I don't know the rules, I just don't get them.

So a few questions:

1.) Why is it that women will pretend to want a nice guy etc., but really are fascinated by you if you are an asshole, and will harrass you to show a "human" side, but then, soon get bored once you have shown it (or at least, if you don't turn it off very quickly).

2.) Leading on from that, why be annoyed by arrogance when this is what attracted you in the first place, and when there were plenty of non-arrogant guys who like you, who you could go for, but don't.

3.) Why demand the hypocrisy that someone be "ambitious" or an "alpha male" in more general terms, but that they not be an asshole, when clearly, the two can't be seprated (by definition, climbing above other people, means taking advantage of situations for your benefit at their expense, i.e., being an asshole)? So why do we have to play some game of denying assholery while at the very same time taking a shit on everyone else?

Actually those 3 questions are probably all the same, but whatever. :D
evolution and delusion, covered with bad rationalisation sauce.

I get a bit tired of this myself at time. It's okej to play a game I mean, but it's boring when the players don't even realise the rules they're playing by.
Newsflash, the movies lie kids, the loser never gets the girl, or if he does it's because of the good old " he's just misunderstood" joke.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
evolution and delusion, covered with bad rationalisation sauce.

I get a bit tired of this myself at time. It's okej to play a game I mean, but it's boring when the players don't even realise the rules they're playing by.

Yeah this pretty much sums it up. :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------

@Elaur: This isn't another "why do women like assholes" thread. I get why in general women would like assholes: we live ina society based on competition, so people will respect "alpha male attributes", etc. etc. etc. I can be an asshole fairly easily - whether or not I choose to be is another matter - so this isn't the issue.

Rather as the Eck quote describes, what confuses me is the denial and self-delusion!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ thread: yeah, I guess what baffles me, is the demand for balance. Because it's not a consistent "balance" - that is considered boring - but rather, often, you are expected to show every range of attributes, at different moments, depending on applicability. Goddam, that's annoying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding generalizations: true, this is a genealization. As long as when you make a generalization you admit it's a generalization and therefore not infallible, but rather observance of general trends, that is ok, IMO.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Well, polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake" :D

^ that's one asshole I'd gladly do if I were a woman

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@ thread: yeah, I guess what baffles me, is the demand for balance. Because it's not a consistent "balance" - that is considered boring - but rather, often, you are expected to show every range of attributes, at different moments, depending on applicability. Goddam, that's annoying.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
is it? that x is a j then isn't it? haha be flexible! sometimes it makes sense to be the nice guy and sometimes it makes more sense to say you know what? eff off man!! haha...come on...certainly you get that...different situations call for different responses or actions.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram

That's why it helps not to take a few words out of the context of a sentence.

But whatever, I am not trying to debate whether logically you could justifiably deduce, based on empirical evidence or processes of logic blah blah, whether or not this is a thread about why women like assholes; I'm simply "explaining after the act", i.e. clarifying to say it succintly, that it wasn't intended to be such a thing, whether or not you could empirically, logically, intuitively, whatehfuckeverelse, presume such a thing that based on the OP.

Ok? :tongue:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
obviously you are meeting the wrong women! :shock:

I was attracted to my man because he's NOT an asshole- he's universally described as a really nice guy by almost everyone who knows him! :yes:

He is self-admittedly not an alpha male either... which is also a turn on :doh:

I know plenty of other girls who are jealous and want a similar non-asshole non-alpha male... so I'm certainly not alone there!

Obviously, you're only hanging out with the gold digging hoochies :nono:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
totally! and no more flashing your cash and pulling up to the club in your hummer either... P Diddy is NOT your fashion role model! :nono:

Note- the girls who aren't expecting you to be an asshole are probably busy sitting with their friends and having fun NOT being a predator- check them out when they get up- you may be pleasantly surprized!