• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] unambitious nt's

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
this thread is going to be flooded with intps in a few hours

Perhaps if there are a few who reveal themselves as unambitious and all the other ones rush in to assert their ambition.

I would assert mine, but I do not use my time efficiently enough to type such a long reply.

If only ambition meant actually getting stuff done...

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
yep, not ambitious. katsuni's post was an interesting read. i do desire a life of meaning.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I'm not ambitious in the traditional sense of the word. I do not strive for a successful job with a high pay, but I'm a bit obsessed about power, influence and status. Not in a bad megalomaniac way, but I do really want to know how it works and how I can use that for my own self-improvement and general benefit.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
The question I have is, how do you convince your loved ones that you can't just eat something different for breakfast and come up with a burning desire to be DAH BESTEST because true happiness for us has little to do with our comparison with others or arbitrary metrics?

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
The question I have is, how do you convince your loved ones that you can't just eat something different for breakfast and come up with a burning desire to be DAH BESTEST because true happiness for us has little to do with our comparison with others or arbitrary metrics?

But going after your goals and achieving them does make people happy. Being ambitious doesn't necessarily mean that you want to be 'the best' whatever that may be.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ambition makes you look pretty ugly
Kicking, squealing, Gucci little piggy

:hi:

cavarice

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't believe in ambition for its own sake. Accomplishment simply doesn't generate pleasure sensations in my brain. I'm pretty indifferent to "winning" or being at the top. I'm shamelessly lazy, but don't see it as problematic except where it inteferes with my ability to function.

That being said, some people might view my lifestyle as "ambitious" in a very unconventional way. I have a very non-mainstream lifestyle and there are many activities and hobbies I want to see myself become more proficient with. I am not impassioned, however; I tend to be very laid back in the things I pursue.

I enjoy this thread. It's nice to read a thread where people aren't berating "lack of ambition" for a change.

S

sammy

I'm accused of lack of ambition when I've failed at something and not fulfilled another's expectations for me.

I have dreams, aspirations, whathaveyou, and they're not all accomplished. For that, I would say I am not as ambitious as someone who actually achieves those things they set out to do. Then again, my perspective is that when a door closes, a window opens. Opportunities, not failures, are everywhere. Patience is key.

Whatever it is that will be accomplished will be, but it's not always feasible to continue down a path which makes one unhappy. Not even if accomplishing that goal would give you a label of "ambitious" and "accomplished." Screw that. Go your own way, and screw what others believe is "ambitious."

R

ReflecTcelfeR

*Tries to integrate*

I would say that in some ways ambition is necessary because if you do it well enough, for a good cause, such a fluid word good is, it creates the awareness needed. I'm going to go on a sterotypical limb and say that if we were all intro's we would not be in the world we are today. Talking about this seems rather odd to me, whether it's because I'm spouting nonsene or not I can't tell, but without ambition awareness does not occur. I'm mainly refering to that of the example about the cure for cancer. Yes, the man who created it is amazing and should be blessed and should be given all credit, but the one who shows it to the world believed in the creator and faith is a great quality to have too especially if what you believe in is correct, good (in whatever sense you take it as) etc.

I hope I made sense. I played devils advocate in there I know and believe me I truly think the one who creates should get at least as much as the one who spoke.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am ambitious because it's neccesary to justify my life, lol.

Anyways, it's paying off. So whatever.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
HAI THAR.

*throws self on pile of XNTPs*

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I was going to post some insight in this thread, but... meh. :coffee:

(FL)Cross

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm plenty ambitious - I'm just horribly lazy about most things.