• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] intp making simple things complex

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
[disclaimer]This is just my personal experience and why i do this, i dont know if this is the reason for other intps or not[/disclaimer]

Its not usually complexing simple things in my personal experience. Its about looking under the surface of the "simple" thing and only on the surface that thing is looking simple. But when looking on principles on how that simple thing is working and why is it what it is, it usually is more complex thing than what it seems to be on the surface. Since most people only see the surface of it, it will look simple thing to them and they see that intp is making it more complex than what it really is.

Kinda same thing happens when intp is simplifying a complicated thing. The thing just seems complicated on the surface, but when you dig deeper into principles of it, it usually is more simple than what it seems to be on the surface, but most people only see the surface of things..

At times some things might be simple under the surface also and when intp tries to look under the surface to see if there actually is some complicated things hiding there, they need to handle that simple thing as if it was more complex than it actually is, until they realize that it is simple under the surface also. When this happens intp is actually making a simple thing more complex than what it actually is, but usually this isnt the case, because quite rarely things are as simple as they seem on the surface, but most people dont understand this, so they just see intp making simple things more complex than they actually are every time they look under the surface, not matter if it actually is more complex or not.

Can other intps relate with this?

HomerSoprano

MBTI Type
INTP
[disclaimer]

At times some things might be simple under the surface also and when intp tries to look under the surface to see if there actually is some complicated things hiding there, they need to handle that simple thing as if it was more complex than it actually is, until they realize that it is simple under the surface also. When this happens intp is actually making a simple thing more complex than what it actually is, but usually this isnt the case, because quite rarely things are as simple as they seem on the surface, but most people dont understand this, so they just see intp making simple things more complex than they actually are every time they look under the surface, not matter if it actually is more complex or not.

You answered your own question perfectly.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
[disclaimer]This is just my personal experience and why i do this, i dont know if this is the reason for other intps or not[/disclaimer]

Its not usually complexing simple things in my personal experience. Its about looking under the surface of the "simple" thing and only on the surface that thing is looking simple. But when looking on principles on how that simple thing is working and why is it what it is, it usually is more complex thing than what it seems to be on the surface. Since most people only see the surface of it, it will look simple thing to them and they see that intp is making it more complex than what it really is.

Kinda same thing happens when intp is simplifying a complicated thing. The thing just seems complicated on the surface, but when you dig deeper into principles of it, it usually is more simple than what it seems to be on the surface, but most people only see the surface of things..

Can other intps relate with this?

I find INFPs are more likely to be overly wordy. I'm pretty succinct myself.

And it looks like your Fi score is unusually high for an INTP.

And your OP was kinda needlessly wordy...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I find INFPs are more likely to be overly wordy. I'm pretty succinct myself.

And it looks like your Fi score is unusually high for an INTP.

And your OP was kinda needlessly wordy...

I dunno, I can be pretty needlessly verbose.

But I think complexifying things in one's mind in order to understand how they "really" work is different from complexifying things in communication. In the latter case, things could be perfectly clear and simple in one's mind, but turn out to be difficult to translate into words that sufficiently explain these things to others. I think the OP is talking about complexifying things in one's mind in order to understand them thoroughly.

I would have to say that I don't think I do this, mostly because I don't have access to other people's perceptions of things in order to compare my own estimations of a thing's complexity or simplicity. Things just appear to me as complex or simple (to varying degrees of each, of course)- I have no way of knowing whether something that I view as complex is held by others as simple (unless someone I'm with explicitly tells me, which rarely happens.)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
True. That is when I get most wind-baggish.

And then when we say something emo, it's like 2 words. That should be appreciated!

While Fi/Fe's go on those 30 minute emo dumping binges.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ti is about precision. It doesn't seek complexity or introduce it, merely exposes it in the search for truth. The approach is a reductionist one. Sometimes emergent properties are missed.
Thus it can make things more simple than they are but not more complex, IMO.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thus it can make things more simple than they are but not more complex, IMO.

i didnt mean intp makes thing more complex, but Ti combined with Ne can see the principles of simple things when others can usually just see the thing on the surface. This makes others see the thing as simple, but it can look more complex in the eyes of intp and for them it looks like intp is making the thing more complex than it really is.

i found this from internets:

INTPs organize their understanding of any topic by articulating principles, and they are especially drawn to theoretical constructs. Having articulated these principles for themselves, they can demonstrate remarkable skill in explaining complex ideas to others in simple terms, especially in writing. On the other hand, their ability to grasp complexity may also lead them to provide overly detailed explanations of "simple" ideas, and listeners may judge that the INTP makes things more difficult than they are. To the INTP, however, this is incomprehensible: They are merely presenting all the information.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Who cares about the perceptual disabilities of inferior types?

Sure you're not INFP?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
^Who cares about the perceptual disabilities of inferior types?

Sure you're not INFP?

i dont understand that first question because english isnt my first language.

yes im sure im no infp. if you would know me in real life you would never think that i might be an f.

i dont get it why people are questioning my type all the time, iv been asked if im entp, intj and infp..

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

yes im sure im no infp. if you would know me in real life you would never think that i might be an f.

i dont get it why people are questioning my type all the time, iv been asked if im entp, intj and infp..

Lookit that Fi score you have. You're within the margin of error.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Lookit that Fi score you have. You're within the margin of error right.

Fixed.

I like to just come over to the NT Rationale and do a little interior decorating. You know how it is. :cool:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Most INTPs would understand that I'm playin' wid ya.

That's why.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for being Finnish.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
lol... i think it's just that most people don't think as much as we do. i usually prepare a theory in my head and make sure it's finished enough to present to others. it is easy to present it simply when you have it figured out in your head. however, i've realized that people usually don't grasp my ideas, because they'd need more information on the details/ process of how i came to my conclusions.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Lookit that Fi score you have. You're within the margin of error.

i have very little common with infp description(and most of the things right for me on infp profile are the ones that are common with intp and infp), but about everything seems right with intp. i dont get emotional nearly ever and im a hard core logical thinker. my best friend is a infp and i cant relate with his usage of Fi at all. everyone who knows me well says im the most rational thinker/person they have ever met. even tho i got strong Fi i still prefer to use my Ti over it, my developed Fi is caused by developing it by smoking weed and using Fi, that doesent mean i start using my Fi easily, its just that when i use it i can use it easier(as in takes less energy and maybe isnt that immature) than intp with lower Fi.

there is no way im an infp

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
^ i'm inxp and i can recognize some of the things you're talking about. i don't care as much, though, if my theories are understood, or not, because they usually aren't, lol... and i'm aware of how little i know. i've become a lot better at balancing stuff, though, as i've grown older, even though i get frustrated with people from time to time. :)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

...that's what I thought.

Well I can give you a logical reason to change your username to (Almost) INTP.

^ i'm inxp and i can recognize some of the things you're talking about. i don't care as much, though, if my theories are understood, or not, because they usually aren't, lol... and i'm aware of how little i know. i've become a lot better at balancing stuff, though, as i've grown older, even though i get frustrated with people from time to time. :)

Yeah, I don't see the problem with people not wanting an X in their type. There's definitely INXPs out there. I know that messes up function order.