• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] intp making simple things complex

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I don't see the problem with people not wanting an X in their type. There's definitely INXPs out there. I know that messes up function order.

wouldnt INXPs order be ti, fi, ne.. or fi, ti, ne.. instead ti, ne, fi..?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
wouldnt INXPs order be ti, fi, ne.. or fi, ti, ne.. instead ti, ne, fi..?

It could be either.

Even two strong INTPs can have different function order and use.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It could be either.

Even two strong INTPs can have different function order and use.

imo type comes from two strongest functions and other functions order can vary between individuals without changing the type

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
oh, ok... so that's what you meant. i haven't really gotten that into this yet. if you have time, would you mind explaining how the x influences functioning, then?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
oh, ok... so that's what you meant. i haven't really gotten that into this yet. if you have time, would you mind explaining how the x influences functioning, then?

Dont do it, dont learn that, you'll be caught in this wave of thought forever and its wake will last decades and thats only because its exhilerating to think about, yet total bullshit

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
imo type comes from two strongest functions and other functions order can vary between individuals without changing the type

INTPs don't say "imo". We don't need qualifiers to our knowledge.

It should be different for every x person.

Here, you should take the functions test:
http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/develop_old.html

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Especially not then. :doh:

im about 95% sure that i have readed that somewhere, this percentage is high enough for me to form some kind of personal opinion about it, but since the percentage isnt 100% i cant say that i know that it is the truth. i dont care enough to search for that to varify this info, neither do i care much if a stranger finds out that my opinion was wrong(would be different if it was someone i know), but i dont want to tell something as an truth if im not 100% sure about it.

are you sure that intp cant use word imo in this kind of situation?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
INTPs don't seek to bring complexity out of simplicity, but are inclined to seek complexity to bring it into order. Like Blue says, Ti is reductionist to a fault. That being said, we can get a bit verbose. How can one appreciate simplicity and precision if not aware of the complexity and chaos?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
INTPs don't seek to bring complexity out of simplicity, but are inclined to seek complexity to bring it into order. Like Blue says, Ti is reductionist to a fault. That being said, we can get a bit verbose. How can one appreciate simplicity and precision if not aware of the complexity and chaos?

I think it's because we can extract much out of and abstractify seemingly ordinary things. But it all usually comes back to simplification.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
What am I? An INFP like you?

dunno, but intp would have noticed that i started playing with you by continuing acting as if i didnt realize that you were playing with me.

let me think.. you interact with other people -> E. you focus more on what you see than what could be -> S. you used logic on what you see -> T. you started judging my type -> j. So i guess your an istj :D