• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The 3 social freedoms

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
There are 3 main qualities of myself, immutable qualities, which I have always had to suppress in order to better get along with the majority of people, to not stand out in an unproductive way.

1. Freedom to display my full intelligence.

If I had a dime for every time someone has told me "you're too smart" in a not so endearing way, I'd be quite a few dollars richer.

2. Freedom to demonstrate my full love and kindness through actions or words.

I like to do good things for my friends/loved ones, some more than others. I don't don't desire to for the sake of being nice, but because I feel it's what I should do, and more so, it's just in my nature. I'm a giving person, but I often times cannot put that on display for a myriad of social and normative reasons.

3. Freedom to be a horny bastard.

This is something that I choose to suppress more because of my views on the causes and effects of my own sexual behavior. It's less of a "I must hold back to get along" sort of thing as it is a "This is the only good way of living I can ascertain" sort of thing.

Since #3 is of my own volition, in response to the nature of the world I live in, I can't really complain about it. The first 2, however, feel like limits upon my true potential, especially #1. Oh how I loathe the world for being so resistant to my intelligence. Let me realize my true potential and utilize my full intellectual abilities without having to alienate every human being that cannot handle my IQ. How can I grow to become stronger and more intelligent when I can only use my greater intelligence in select parts of my life (SOME academia), and not in the greater portion of it (socially). Why must I be forced to adopt two modes of intelligence for two different worlds?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Ti is competitive and predatory. This, understandably, freaks people out.

heart

heart on fire
If I had a dime for every time someone has told me "you're too smart" in a not so endearing way, I'd be quite a few dollars richer...

I've heard this a lot, all my life, and in my case, it isn't even true. It's got something to do with Ne and being able to connect random things rapidily. Other people find it disconcerting.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I've heard this a lot, all my life, and in my case, it isn't even true. It's got something to do with Ne and being able to connect random things rapidily. Other people find it disconcerting.

I think it's a combo of various aspects of intelligence that distances a lot of people. The ability to tie things together so quickly and effectively, the mass of crystalized intelligence we have on various subjects, and most importantly our ability to communicate and verbalize it all is what sets us (people who get told they're too smart all their lives) apart, I'm guessing.

I hate having to dumb it down for people, because honestly, the older I get the more annoying it becomes to take very complex issues and funnel it into small bits that don't even convey the fullness of the subject. There is honestly a lot to be said for being able to simplify a subject, and it is a functional tool that the more intelligent people should have, but there would be a lot more progress for ourselves and those we communicate to if we could JUST use the rich vocabulary the English language has given us to more accurately communicate more complex issues. That is the entire purpose behind language, to communicate our thoughts. That is why we have different levels of vocabulary, because many words express more complex ideas. They are VASTLY useful tools, and not being able to use and share those tools because everyone else is essentially handicapped is just a fucking pain that makes my own work in life that much more difficult. They hold me back (though of course I'm just not blaming the general intelligence of society as a whole for my difficulties).

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
gtfo risen, this is america. no one cares about you and your need for self-expression. conform, worship, and repress. let these by thy hallowed laws.