• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] any nt's here NOT drawn to nf's for friendships and/or romance?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think that I am romantically drawn to NFPs and INFJs (sorry ENFJs, I've met two of you and liked neither.) I haven't actually had a working relationship with one to date, but my most intense attractions (requited or not...mostly not) have been for NFs. I feel like they complement me in some important, almost cosmic way. Sounds lame, but that's the sensation that I get.

Damn, I can't seem to post anything on topic in this thread.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

freedom geek

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
I don't think I am. I prefer other NTs (and probably a small subset of them at that).

TheMonocle

This is really interesting in theory, but I don't think it pans out the same way in reality the majority of the time. In reality, a first impression is when we are drawn to someone.

I'm not drawn to someone unless they seem either 1)intellectually stimulating or 2) positively motivating/inspiring. NT's who are negative/critical are different than NT's who are intensely analytical. The latter I find incredibly attractive. I use to have fun with NT's banter, but as I've gotten older, I find myself ignoring it more and favoring serious conversations. Most of my friends are NT's and a good chunk of them turn to me for deeply private matters. I've dated a few INTJ's and ENTJ's. They've spoiled me. I don't get the intellectual stimulation that I really enjoy from most feelers. Even though I am a feeler.

I have a couple of friends who are feelers and who can't stand to be in the vicinity of a thinker. I view this as incredibly narrow-minded and it rubs me the wrong way whenever I hear it. From my experience, the situation you meet someone in, is only one side of a multifaceted person. At least I would hope so.

Getting to know someone takes quite a bit of time and people change with deeper commitments. Feelers have their strengths too. Don't get me wrong, but if you are going to compare people, compare strength-strength not strength-weakness.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Maybe we have a similar dynamic... that is scary. You post made me smile... though... Thanks for that

:hug:

I get this sense that NTJ despise feeling VULNERABLE in anyway. once you make them feel that, too many times, it's like you are undervalued, resented, and then they dread the sight of seeing your face...

That was my expirience...he was very detached (he never had a friend for more than 6 months in the 9 years we were together - as soon as someone started getting close he would end the friendship). Of course I was pretty detached too when we first started dating. I got more comfortable with intamacy, but he never did. It was hard, but I have to say he really did have some very admireable qualities and we got along great for the most part...as long as I stayed on my side of the couch :)

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
I was in love with an INTP, he understood me and loved me unconditionally, say I was beautiful everyday, and make me feel like I was the most desired woman on earth, then he would go silent and always made fun of me for being "emotional" he didn't talk about intellectual stuff... left it at work.
I was very emotional at the time. I was always trying to bring him out, and make him into the perfect man, I thought he should be. He would laugh... Not get angry, very calm. Very charming and a lot of women liked him. I think it was the P, part that made us click. He had bizzare si paranoia, of people out to get him a lot... When he did get angery he would drink, and play golf, which was a lot...and was not very open...
Maybe people were out to get him? Not sure.

But yes I've been in love with T's, espically TP's
I could see being in love with FJ too that wouldn't kill me... I admire them so much and want to be like them, like a mentor relationship...
SP might be too light for me... not sure.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I was in love with an INTP..........I was always trying to bring him out, and make him into the perfect man, I thought he should be.

One of the major clashing points between INTP and ENFP, IME.

TheMonocle

I could see why NT's would be annoyed with a younger NF. It takes a while to move past the "I'm going to help you become my ideal" and into the facilitator role. Everyone wants to be accepted for who they are and pushing someone to be someone they aren't doesn't help foster relationships. IF someone is an amazing chemist/engineer/manager etc, THEN nurturing their goals and strongpoints IS how we help them to be their ideal. The focus has to become more of an other-centered focus and less of a self-centered focus. If a person isn't who you want them to be right in the moment, then you need to step back and ask yourself why you are in the relationship and if this is really the right person for you. Regardless of type.

The myth that NT's don't have feelings is just that, a myth. They have incredibly intense feelings. In any relationship, it is of upmost importance to be able to trust the other person will understand the intention behind fumbled expression and that they will respect a boundary when you don't want to share or aren't ready to share. NF's bumble too. I think this is where intuitives understand each other. Two healthy individuals are what is most important. However, maturity doesn't happen overnight, it happens with age and experience.:yes:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Are there any NFs in counterstrike ?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5yw9LpPVGU&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

capricorn009

I'm not sure. I like guys that can be outgoing, intelligent and sexy, but I'll admit I'm also
drawn to fun loving goof balls that are amused by anything. I guess because you don't h-
ave to be all serious all the time and you can be that outrageously silly side of yourself
that you tend to keep to yourself unless you know people really well.

ENTJ

F

figsfiggyfigs

F* a** hole ( dont know how many stars I can use) ENTJ and I aren't compatible for a "relationship" I guess... pish. I am sorry but I have to vent. Here is a perfect example...

I had a conversation the other day about it with him about our status. We are in the grey area, and casual for a month. I asked if he wanted to be open and date other people, (trick question cause no way would I go for that) and if he was still looking at other people's profiles online (we met online) He said he was looking, a bit... but not seeing anyone. We of course are shagging.

K so get this, he says he likes me and doesn't want it to end, and wants to see me while he is looking for his "soulmate" but he doesn't want to settle because he did that with his wife, whom he left apperantly... because she was domineering? and his previous girl friend, who is in her mid 20's he was in love with left him for art school, god I just found out he has a vasectomy, and also wants a women/child who doesn't want kids... I told him to go for his lolita, aim for the kids group 22-26 that might meet his man child needs, and told him good luck and good night. He said he didn't like sarcasm, and said I sounded spiteful, I said I getting to be that age,,, I guess 29 is getting up there...

What a prick huh? Want I want a soulmate... ohh please, you just want a younger shorter/tiny chick (I'm 5'7, and busty-men love that! he's 5'9 and has narrow shoulders and a small/med build) to think you have that awe... go f your self!

sorry guys had to get the hate off my chest... feel a tiny bit better now, I just feel like a phony for being with him, and being nice to him and stroking him up like that, the guy needs to be cut off at the knees, already, saying women loose their innocence as they get older. I have heard that from ENTJs before, its so freakin sexiest. I want to kick their a@@. Are all ENTJ's Pedophiles or is it just him? (jk)

wow. what a tool. your post made me laugh cause he sounds like a complete loser.

I dont know. being an ENTJ myself, in a relationship , I like to know exactly where we are, I dont want to be guessing and choosing and leading the relationship in the direction I please. I do that all day with everything else, the last thing I need to do is, do that in a relationship.
When I am in a relationship, I give it all I got, and expect the same from my SO.
However, most men I meet my age are still man-boys as you said, and are still ' partying" and living their youth.

the problem with us, is we always believe" there is something better"
which is a major issue when we are in a relationship.
This issue is triggered when our partners don't meet our very-high expectations, which makes us "cut, and run"
for me anyways... xD

F

figsfiggyfigs

one of my bestfriends is an FP but i just can't stand her sometimes, i love her and everything, but she can get really emotional, lazy, and stubborn sometimes. its frustrating.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
NF women are ok, they're kinda too needy tho

i like nt/sp women the best =)

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
one of my bestfriends is an FP but i just can't stand her sometimes, i love her and everything, but she can get really emotional, lazy, and stubborn sometimes. its frustrating.

these types of posts always cause me to wish the poster would have given a short example.

there are so many ways to be "really emotional" and while for some it may take a lot to see it that way (like the person crying about over-buttered popcorn), for others, it could be very little (like still crying a year after a parent died).

R

Riva

any nt's here NOT drawn to nf's for friendships and/or romance?
I haven't noticed a trend.
I get along quite well with enfxs. But then again who doesn't?
ENFPs are so charismatic I am attracted by them. ENFJs are always reading me. EEK!

Haven't met that many INFXs.