• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] any nt's here NOT drawn to nf's for friendships and/or romance?

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
^yeah, If I had an NF lover he would probably be in the trunk of my car.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NTs suck at romance. It's practically mandatory.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP

well, yeah, if they're the type that are close-minded and can't see past their own opinions, sure.

but, which type isn't in that case.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Which is why they pair up great together--neither will care how much the other sucks at being romantic. Both are free to be themselves instead of catering to some romantic ideal that neither really cares about.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
romance is different for each individual. actually, that's what romance is. just because it hasn't met one person's idea of it, well, to be frank, that doesn't mean shit.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which is why they pair up great together--neither will care how much the other sucks at being romantic. Both are free to be themselves instead of catering to some romantic ideal that neither really cares about.
Just because one sucks at something doesn't mean one doesn't care about it.

A fine romance, without any romance!

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yeah, I personally find the awkward and geeky displays of affection I get from other NTs to be far more romantic than the the NF kind.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, I personally find the awkward and geeky displays of affection I get from other NTs to be far more romantic than the the NF kind.

bingo.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got me awkward and geeky in spades. Give me something I don't got.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I got me awkward and geeky in spades. Give me something I don't got.

okay, we get it. you've made your point. now, if you'll just move along to a thread that's made for getting an NF, you'll have better luck with your search.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why? Does my presence here disturb you? I actually rerailed the thread which was steering off towards another "why ENTJs suck" rant.

Perhaps you should report my posts if you think they're out of line? The constant snarkiness is ...kinda blah.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Why? Does my presence here disturb you? I actually rerailed the thread which was steering off towards another "why ENTJs suck" rant.

Perhaps you should report my posts if you think they're out of line? The constant snarkiness is ...kinda blah.

wow, lighten up, will you? my point is that this is a thread about NTs who actually don't want to sweat and moan over an NF in the context of a relationship. you made your preference known, even though it didn't fit, and then went on and on about it.

like, we're supposed to change OUR minds just because you have a preference.

so, i simply pointed out that we get it. we do. we really really do.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's called conversation. An exchange of ideas. And not at all at odds with the OP.

Try it sometime. Instead of repetitive snark.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's called conversation. An exchange of ideas. And not at all at odds with the OP.

Try it sometime. Instead of repetitive snark.

fine, go ahead with it. i don't care enough to continue.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NT women are so hot when they bicker :wubbie:

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
:laugh:

Now where are Victor and Mayflow...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, it's interesting to see an ENTP telling an INTP to quit talking so much.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
fine, go ahead with it. i don't care enough to continue.
Result.

The other problem I have with NT-NT relationships is the competitiveness. Which is great in friendships where it serves to sharpen the mind and bring clarity, but it's too exhausting to maintain in romantic relationships where winning so often means losing.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Result.

The other problem I have with NT-NT relationships is the competitiveness. Which is great in friendships where it serves to sharpen the mind and bring clarity, but it's too exhausting to maintain in romantic relationships where winning so often means losing.

Maybe finding it too exhausting is related to introversion. I think it's great between ENTPs and I rarely get tired of it, especially because we both know it's just a game anyway.