• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs sharing ideas vs. getting paid

Nigel Tufnel

MBTI Type
ENTP
One trait I've noticed among ENTPs is we often are more interested in spreading our ideas than setting up reasonable ways to get paid for those ideas.

For example, I used to do consulting projects where one of the INFJ sales people felt I gave away too much good information. I really didn't care, because I felt like I was impacting clients, and an extra 5 or 10% in my pocket wasn't going to make a huge difference.

INTPs often do the same thing, and in my experience, can be even less materialistic than ENTPs.

Overall, I often feel like I'm much better naturally at giving than taking, and notice this among other ENTPs. While INTJs are often good at both, and better able to balance the two. Wondering if others have had experiences like this.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
So, i sort of wanted to read " ENTPs sharing ideas vs. getting Laid" and say i don't see the contradiction but that yeah i do have alot of non 'brainy' personas for social play

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think one of the primary criticisms INTJs have of us is that we give away information too easily when there's not anything in particular to be gained from it.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Right. I experienced the same.

But I think, this is the inconsistency of ENTPs. If they talk about ideas, they feel like making them real, even though they have never build a method to use them for themselves.

This is the scientist, who spreads his ideas to collegues, but never writes a paper. Communication as sake for itself. If the ENTP begins to use the ideas for himself, he's getting much better than all of the people, who learned from him.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Implementation is frustrating and not all that rewarding.

S

sammy

I have that "problem". Probably one of the reasons I didn't like law school. A lot of people were more interested in winning, rather than understanding. Which, given it's going to make them good lawyers, is great! However, I gave too much help when I should have just been selfish and focused on myself, but I never viewed it as an issue in the academic realm. I know it would have been a liability if I was helping my opposition in a trial. :doh:

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
We just enjoy spreading our knowledge and talking in depth about things that interest us. The payment for sharing our ideas is the enjoyment we derive from having an interesting conversation, so we don't really think about monetary compensation.

And besides, [good] ideas are not too rare for us, so we don't always view them as something to lock away. It's a supply/demand thing. If the supply is high (internally for us, that is), the product easy to make, and the demand relatively low, then why should we be receiving payment?

F

FigerPuppet

Oh please.

ITT:
1263951455615.jpg

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
That's why I want to be a programming systems designer, or at the very least a programmer. Someone gives me a task, and I get to use any ideas I come up to get it done. Then I get bank =D

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
You create trust by providing value. As long as you are opportunity minded you will find a way to make money for it. Also, be sure to ask for money.

S

sammy

You create trust by providing value. As long as you are opportunity minded you will find a way to make money for it. Also, be sure to ask for money.
Ask for it before or after providing your valuable service?

For the absent-minded, and I fall into that category, it's not so easy to remember asking for money beforehand. Have any tips?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ask for it before or after providing your valuable service?

For the absent-minded, and I fall into that category, it's not so easy to remember asking for money beforehand. Have any tips?

Provide what people want. Provide what they don't even realize they want. Give them the idea you have more to offer.

Also, love them. No one can resist real, genuine love. Then insinuate yourself into an area where there is money and become close to people who are adept at making money. Make yourself valuable to these people.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well to be that blinded to think, just because I have so many ideas I am willingly to spread my semen around can only come from the brain of 15 year olds.

Wait till someone stole one of your greatest ideas you ever had and made a lot of money with it, in what you failed, you'll perfectly differently think about how willingly you will be when it comes to sharing your ideas

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Wait till someone stole one of your greatest ideas you ever had and made a lot of money with it, in what you failed, you'll perfectly differently think about how willingly you will be when it comes to sharing your ideas

Nah I'm honestly pleased when this happens. I can go "that was mine, and I didn't even have to do any work to make it happen".

Yeu assume, too obviously, that we are yeu; that a lesson yeu feel yeu learned from something applies to all. There are some people out there who rather like the whip ^.~