• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Introverted Intuition not Introverted thinking the primary\dominant function of INTPs

ObliviousExistence

MBTI Type
loco
Enneagram
5W4
Based on my understanding of Jungs personality theory, it would seem that Introverted Intuition and not Introverted Thinking is the primary\dominant function for Introverted Intuitive Perceivers.

Last edited:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Eh, I don't know. For me, the description of the Introverted Thinking and the Introverted Thinking Type is the epitome of my entire life. I cannot relate to introverted intuition in the least. I am not sure your reasoning, but if it's because you fail to see how a perceiver can have a judging function as their dominant function, well then it's a problem with how Myers/Briggs defined a perceiving type or a judging type than anything else: it's really just a classification issue. Is a rose by any other name still a rose? Same issue here.

I'd like to hear your thoughts though.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i cba to read all that, ill just say that its bullshit

ObliviousExistence

MBTI Type
loco
Enneagram
5W4
that's disgusting :azdaja:

whatever it is you're not telling us, I presume :)
Shutup foo! I got no time for yo jibba jabba

It's the foundation of your little percentages in your signature. I'd say it's not bullshit :D

he says its bullshit and has all the functions listed in various proportions on his signature, has he ever wondered who came up with it all :doh:

VagrantFarce

guys, I've got this great idea! but I'll wait for your opinions on it before actually explaining it. :hi:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
So are you going to explain yourself or what, let's get this show on the road.

ObliviousExistence

MBTI Type
loco
Enneagram
5W4
in progress, I didn't take any notes the first time I went through his writings on this.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i forgot that jungs intp was mbti intj and i was thinking that you question mbti intp functions.

Yup there's a difference between Socionics & Mbti in that the first assigns J/P to dominant, while MBTI assigns it to the extroverted function (which for introverts is the secondary). so this sort of thing is confusing when referencing back to Jung.

ObliviousExistence

MBTI Type
loco
Enneagram
5W4
Jung makes a distinction between irrational\perceiving types and rational\judging types. The Introverted feeling and Introverted thinking types fall into his rational\judging category whereas the Introverted intuitive and Introverted sensing types fall into his irrational\perceiving types category. So, if you had to correlate the INTP type whose dominant function on the J\P scale is perception with a jung function-type, the best fit would likely be introverted intuition.

I will post the excerpts to substantiate the above if I'm in the mood.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
whats the point of this topic?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
To me in that regards one good example is the istp. Mbti gives him Ti and Socionics gives him Te, in that regards of what I've seen from reallife people I think are istp they are pretty good at both Ti and Te. I have a friend, who is a master of craft in mechanics and I can talk about car tech with him for hours. On the other hand then he runs his own business and is a demigod when it comes to administration. He organizes every paperwork and things there are to do to run a professional business like a god.

I am quite undecided in that regards if its not like that your first two function may melt in some regards and create some sort of clone, which is good at what he does but has his own methods.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Jung makes a distinction between irrational\perceiving types and rational\judging types. The Introverted feeling and Introverted thinking types fall into his rational\judging category whereas the Introverted intuitive and Introverted sensing types fall into his irrational\perceiving types category. So, if you had to correlate the INTP type whose dominant function is perception with a jung function-type the best fit would likely be introverted intuition.

I will post the excerpts to substantiate the above if I'm in the mood.

Socionics did this for you already, you don't have to bother.