• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Te] Growing up with an Te-dominant

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNJC2_WZg_g"].[/YOUTUBE]

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You know, I like it when things are said short and easy. But things are never short and easy. You americans like to talk all day till the moon went red and blood was spilled tonight, but I was never a fan of much words. Tho nevertheless your attitude helps you to solve your problems, cause you talk. Where I come from people dont talk to each other.

My Dad is a great man, who has accomplished much and I love him. He told me a million things and I got the meaning of everything, but they will never be part of my life, no matter what I do. I dont know if its just natural that Dads keep on hitting on you even on the day you are the most successful entrepreneur on earth and I am totally seeing things to dramatic or if its just some unresolved rebellion from my youth I have to finally solve for myself.

One thing is for sure, I'll love my dad always and I'll never be like him, always. I have to, sooner or later, to finally define my own true self, the person who I am, who I want to be. There aint no excuses no more, I have to grow up; but what to do if your mind is reigned by a million of ideas but no concrete conviction of anything; besides Teal'cs indeeds:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtPgr94VYA4"].[/YOUTUBE]

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Language speaks about a culture. A language not short and easy portrays a culture that prefers life to be the same. It is not efficiency that is valued. Rather, the simply ability to enjoy oneself and prolong this enjoyment is a critical value. We're a language of lots of talking. Sure, it's a bastard liar's language, but how to judge that morally is subjective.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
in grade 5, i scored 94% on a exam where rest of the class was stuck at an 80%. my mom's first question was whered you loose the other 6%

i realized a long time ago that the things my mother places importance on and the things i place importance barely co-incide on a venn's diagram; she wants me to get a degree, a good job, a good life...id rather that my life be good cuz i was satisfied with and and because of the way i was living not...not because i fit an idea of a good life

this is also prolly why i get lost when im thinking about how im always at odds with my goals in my life. my mother and i want to achieve the same thing, but the way we go about achieving it is totally different. her way is definitely more stable and definite but it holds a little in the way of living life the way i like.

she would like me to get a degree when i just want learning
she wants me to live a stable life when i just want my life to to be stable

it makes me feel frikkin useless sometimes cuz if i did what she said, id totally get what i want....but i have no motivation or patience or the mental capacity to do it that way...it fucking kills me if i do things just cuz

one this is true tho, the world values accomplishments and readily accepts the ways she goes about checking off those accomplishments. now if im smart enough to realize this, why the hell cant i be like her and use those surefire and definite ways of achieving goals for myself??

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
^the ends do not justify the means. The road you choose to get to a certain destination, dictates the enjoyment you have on your journey there.

Parents will never fully understand the destinations or roads we choose.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Best advice I ever heard on this matter was from an old jazz musician. He said something like:

Go ahead and break out of that shell. Break out of it all the way. Bust it open and walk out as a free man. But, then, when you walk into that new world, as a free man with your own identity, then you have a responsibility to "own it" completely and never look back.

He wasn't saying to disconnect from my SJ parents altogether, but he was saying that if I really wanted to "break out" and find my own identity (if I thought there was a risk-taker inside of me or some eccentricities inside of me that wanted out), to go ahead and recognize those things and give them life - and to make no apologies for it. Be it. Own it. Say it out loud for all to hear.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
thx Dudes,

one video for you as a thank you :)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShTm8MnUAjo"].[/YOUTUBE]