• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Prove yourself

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
"The only difference between genius and insanity is success"

Why should the world take the NT intellectual as seriously as they take themselves? Use objective, real-world (sensor) benchmarks.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sorry, but if you wish to defend the notion that NT intellect shouldn't be taken serious as a whole and fall to stereotyping, all counterarguements will be done so in a most sarcastic and ironic intuitive way right back at ya. :p

So, for the same reason you don't lock up every person on the planet, just because a few were criminals. :D

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Sensor benchmarks?

Okay. I've got the perfect one for you:

albert_einstein.jpg

Yippie!

:laugh:

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
Title of the thread is "Prove yourself" not "prove how predictably most of you would avoid answering directly"

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Title of the thread is "Prove yourself" not "prove how predictably most of you would avoid answering directly"

My response:

050405_einstein_tongue.widec.jpg

In all seriousness, you may think we are avoiding the question, but we actually are answering it in a "think about it instead" way.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I certainly can't stop you. But aren't you at least a little curious to find out yourself?

NT's are intelligent enough to know their worth without needing to prove themselves.

Our acts generally speak for themselves, but we don't like bragging about our accomplishments. Because for all our successes, we still haven't attained omniscience and thus our humble quest to become living, breathing gods continues.

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
Define success.

I don't want to make this any harder than it already is so I will leave it up to each of you... anything empirical will do.

I have to say, I'm a little surprised. I thought NTs enjoyed the scientific method?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I certainly can't stop you, but aren't you at least a little curious to find out whether you are the genius or the insane person?

Well I am most likely neither. However, the NT intellectual doesn't require you to take him seriously to achieve his goals :cheese:

If you want a good SP answer, I'd argue that it is tactically in error to ignore the strength of an individual or group in any landscape. An action based off of such an omission is at best incomplete and poorly thought out, and at worst, a complete disaster.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But simply put, we jest the notion of being intellectually superior, because argueing it is as futile as trying to teach a newborn baby to ride a big-ass truck.

If it's pure achievements you want to hear, I've doubled our family companies capital worth twofold in the last 6 years that I am active in the company, and that is in a market that has seen the biggest economical decline over the past 10 years and has had the most company executions across our small nation. Right from the brink of annihilation, through many a court procedure and outside pressure. Standing up to the nationals and government funded bodies with shield and sword.

Because I've found that my strongest point is probably my sheer stubborness. Which I can tolerate because I'm always right. And thus it always pays off to be persevering.

And I think that is an NT's major quality when it comes to business success. Perseverance, stubbornness and being right.

The irony is that I don't care how people see me, or if my accomplishments are recognized by outsiders. Because I'm not done yet, and who likes to show off something that isn't complete? No one, right? I'm still working on it. Get back to me on my accomplishments on my death bed and I may have a more fitting answer for you.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"The only difference between genius and insanity is success"

Why should the world take the NT intellectual as seriously as they take themselves? Use objective, real-world (sensor) benchmarks.

Proof: your question is asking one to "prove" a subjective standard using "objective, real-world" evidence.

Your query fails, a priori.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NT's are intelligent enough to know their worth without needing to prove themselves.

Our acts generally speak for themselves, but we don't like bragging about our accomplishments. Because for all our successes, we still haven't attained omniscience and thus our humble quest to become living, breathing gods continues.

/thread:cool:

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have to say, I'm a little surprised. I thought NTs enjoyed the scientific method?

Maybe you should ponder the notion that geniuses don't enjoy calling themselves geniuses - nor do the insane typically admit their insanity.

Sartre?

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
Proof: your question is asking one to "prove" a subjective standard using "objective, real-world" evidence.

Just so we're clear, none of you (besides FluffyWolf) will answer this because of how the question was worded?

If that is the case, it brings up a different question--can you dismiss tangible "real world" problems or questions the same way? Does that really work?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

No doubt.

I'd still offer this: a given SP builds houses. He installs flooring, he's a roofer, he lays tile, he's a framer, etc. He makes our homes physically sturdy and aesthetically appealing. And he does a great job.

But, ironically, most of the advances in technology that continue to happen - the advances that give us "modern" homes with modern amenities (instead of log cabins) are being conceived in the minds of a dreaming NT or highly educated engineers who believe in an idea, etc, etc. I'm talking about the big advancements in how buildings are constructed, the types of appliances we use, the newer amenities that many of us have in our homes - solar panels, computers, home security systems, low energy appliances, ad finitum. The list is a long one.

Without the NT, these things just don't exist and we're stuck in 1938. The SP installs these things and you'll often hear him moaning, "What genius designed this piece of crap? Obviously someone who has never installed it!" Yet, the NT's continue to create these advances while the SP continues to be the installer of them. Why anyone would bemoan these NT contributions is beyond me.

I say NT's need SP's and SP's need NT's. NT's need SP's to "apply" it, but NT's are the ones thinking of it, testing it, and designing it. Why does one have to be more important or "successful" than the other?

T

ThatGirl

To the OP I really haven't done shit, and yes speak like a narcissistic asshole. A lot of "well I am going to accomplish this and that," with no real concrete proof other than the fact that I get up everyday got to work, attend school, and talk a lot.

Thing is about being an NT is that you know you could be doing a lot more a lot better. I know myself seeing what perfection could be makes me see how I am not there. Some people say fuck it that isn't what they are about anyway, some people (like myself) just keep working harder or trying to find new ways.

But I agree with the quote, I am a crazy person...for now.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just so we're clear, none of you (besides FluffyWolf) will answer this because of how the question was worded?

If that is the case, it brings up a different question--can you dismiss tangible "real world" problems or questions the same way? Does that really work?

It's more that the question is essentially flawed, I just took the liberty of telling you what you want to hear. :smile:

Thing is, it's a rather pointless arguement to discuss NT's intellectual in this manner without showing tangible arguements worth debating on your side as to why one shouldn't trust an NT's intellect.

Next to that, all of the temperaments have their perks, all in their own ways. And rightly so, all of the temperaments also have their darker sides. Areas that do not shine. In that, all of the temperaments could be considered equal through societal standards. We can all carve out our place in this world. Some easier than others, the world isn't a fair place. But no one is chanceless in this life.

A typical weakness of NT's is zero tolerance when it comes to unconstructive discussions that show no merit or chance for postive results. As you may have well experienced. :D