• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What do you dislike about NTs?

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
What do you dislike about other NTs? Is there any personality trait in yourself that you dislike? Anything you wish were slightly different, or you would change a bit here and there?

Dislike in others: Some are flat out boring. ENTPs may bullshit alot, INTPs ramble on too much, ENTJs are predictable, INTJs Ive only known one and he was so weird nobody wanted to talk to him.

Dislike in self: misunderstood and many people (even ones close to me) dont know me nearly as well as they think they do.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NTs smell like compost. There, I said it. And what a relief!

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
Kinda dislike:

Sometimes accidentally insulting and offending everyone without realizing it. Then I get a dorky nf type nudging me like ehhh, dont u think u should, u know, be a bit nicer? LOL... actually i dont dislike it. I find people are entertained by it and either love it or hate it. I wouldnt change that but it does get me in unnecessary trouble sometimes.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would have guessed vinegar. A relief, indeed.

That herby spicy vinegar is a very close second. Perhaps it's the dill?

Ok, for the sake of fair play - I can't stand it when an NT can rationalize literally EVERYTHING they come across. This, to me, is a stress reaction, and not their normal M.O. and when it takes over, good luck getting them to see an error. It's like arguing with a machine stuck in a bad data loop.

You have to go behind them, smack them on the back (you know, the thing with all the buttons and plug holes et al), and if that doesn't work, (firmly) grab their cord and (threaten) pull it out of the wall. Then you beat them with the remote speakers and shout things like "GRAVITY IS AN IMAGINARY FORCE AND SO ARE YOU!" or "JURASSIC PARK COULD HAPPEN!" until they reboot and start fighting you with the power of Greyskull.

Then, all is well.

When my ENTJ best friend gets stuck, I have to call in my ENFP twin to grab her by the horns and wrestle her, mooing and kicking, to the ground. Then Jaye applies a poultice of Fi and the chaos stops.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You have to go behind them, smack them on the back (you know, the thing with all the buttons and plug holes et al), and if that doesn't work, (firmly) grab their cord and (threaten) pull it out of the wall. Then you beat them with the remote speakers and shout things like "GRAVITY IS AN IMAGINARY FORCE AND SO ARE YOU!" or "JURASSIC PARK COULD HAPPEN!" until they reboot and start fighting you with the power of Greyskull.

Have you been watching 80's children's television? This paragraph not only gave me images of He-Man, but also YouTube - Small Wonder - La pequeña maravilla.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Nitpicking, semantics, rudeness, excessively and shamelessly geekish behaviour which alienates them from the masses, intellectual dishonesty when under threat, etc.

I also hate the way so many online ones are libertarians who start every conversation with ridiculous abstract "scenarios" like "Imagine a farmer with two cows who wishes to maximize hte benefits he recieves in return for..."(I'm asleep by that point). Luckily such people aren't often found out on the street.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
I like that I'm rarely emotional or have any feelings. Cold hearted bastard and dont get bothered or affected by much. But theres a downside. When something does slip through the cracks (once every few years i'd estimate) it hits hard and I'm clueless how to deal with it. Also dislike that Ive hurt others I care about due to being insensitive

Dislike about INT's: excessively and shamelessly geekish behaviour which alienates them from the masses

Dislike about ENT's: excessively and shamelessly obnoxious behaviour which alienates them from the masses

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Dislike about INT's: excessively and shamelessly geekish behaviour which alienates them from the masses

Dislike about ENT's: excessively and shamelessly obnoxious behaviour which alienates them from the masses

:yes: Ammendment approved.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have to make this comment, considering something Super said about people not knowing them as well as they think they do.

Ok, perhaps in 98% of an NTs daily interactions, this would hold true. I know there's all sorts of things running through my INTJ best friend's head, but honestly, I've met NFs with much crazier private thought lives who have shocked the heck out of me with some of their revelations. I'd say MOST people with a profound sense of the world will be "unknowable" to many degrees.

Having said this, an ENTP I knew, have known well for years, used to get so ticked with me when I could predict him or understand instinctively what he needed. He'd go storming away with "You don't know me! Nobody does!" and I'd just go back to whatever I was doing before without comment. I knew he'd return at some point, and when he did, it would be quietly and sheepishly, still hanging on to a little of the vexation, but I think it had more to do with the frightening idea that someone *could* get him without effort. It was perhaps his most private nightmare that I could simply walk into his sacred internal places without being harmed or delayed by his security systems. Not that I would intrude on him. I'm simply immune to his barbs, like a clown fish in an anemone. He was practically in a sweating panic about it.

The enshrined hypothesis of being The Unknowable, I've encountered this with many NTs, and have simply sidestepped it or let it ride, figuring whatever I've gleaned from their behavior, body language and other data will either steer me in the right direction or they'll actually break down and TELL me something they want me to know. Otherwise, I just wait and accumulate. They hate to believe they're telegraphing ANYTHING to the outside world, an illusion of supreme control. Sure, they make fantastic poker players. But they're not air-tight, no matter how much they'd like to believe it.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Since I only know two other NTs outside this forum, I'd say; too much thinking, not enough feeling.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
They (we) think they're all that and a bag of chips.
They think they're always right. And I mean always. And that's just ludicrous.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What do you dislike about other NTs? Is there any personality trait in yourself that you dislike? Anything you wish were slightly different, or you would change a bit here and there?

Dislike in others: Some are flat out boring. ENTPs may bullshit alot, INTPs ramble on too much, ENTJs are predictable, INTJs Ive only known one and he was so weird nobody wanted to talk to him.

Dislike in self: misunderstood and many people (even ones close to me) dont know me nearly as well as they think they do.

This made me smile. :cool:

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
Offer to shake their bottle up. They like that.

But then it would ruin the very orderly layers in the suspension. Only the ENTPs would likely find that sort of chaos appealing. :D

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
This made me smile. :cool:

Is it something to be proud of?

people thought he was retarded. We worked at a landscaping company in the summer. People suspected he would mow Swastikas in the grass and then try to cover it up by mowing the lawns in random zig-zagged-circled-clusterfucks. It's like "dude, you just mow the lawn up and down. That's all there is to it". I understand non-conformity, but this INTJ kid had shit for brains. There was one time when the other kids all started throwing garbage at him while we were on a bus. I actually felt a bit bad for him, but it looked too fun to not join in.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But then it would ruin the very orderly layers in the suspension. Only the ENTPs would likely find that sort of chaos appealing. :D

Probably explains my dating life. I'm the keg of powder and they've got the matches (and the lack of self-control like curious cats).

You make a good point though. The only time I get "rough" with an INTJ (who finds that sort of thing repugnant) is when he's completely out of control. I don't lay hands on him. I just lay it out in very blade-sharp terms that he's being a creep and it draws him up short. I can do this with him because we're such close friends and he knows he needs it from time to time, but usually we don't argue.

NTJs don't seem to like what NTPs practically demand from me (a reason that NTJs are my partners in crime, and why they gravitate toward my ENFP sister like a fly to a flytrap). I don't have to roll an NTJ over, sit on his/her chest and tell them what a miserable loathsome vile pile of carbon-based puke-water he/she is to let him know that I appreciate and love her/him. Though I must say, I like to be cuddly and warm with the girls. They have a different vibe.

My male NTPs loved that. Being dominated and verbally kicked around a little from time to time. Nothing too rough. All in good fun. No NTPs were harmed in the making of this post. I didn't realize when I was barking at my ENTP that he'd made me mad on purpose just to watch me light off. It was all foreplay to him. Freak.

I remember when I met my ENTP he would turn all sorts of colors when I'd get the better of him. When he was in a grumpy mood, my INTP liked it when I'd stand over him and use my drill sergeant voice and call him all sorts of names until he blushed and laughed. If either of them was truly upset, I would never be mean to them. :( Hugs and pats and comforting words a-plenty.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Is it something to be proud of?

people thought he was retarded. We worked at a landscaping company in the summer. People suspected he would mow Swastikas in the grass and then try to cover it up by mowing the lawns in random zig-zagged-circled-clusterfucks. It's like "dude, you just mow the lawn up and down. That's all there is to it". I understand non-conformity, but this INTJ kid had shit for brains. There was one time when the other kids all started throwing garbage at him while we were on a bus. I actually felt a bit bad for him, but it looked too fun to not join in.

How can you be sure that he is an INTJ ? (just curious)