• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What do you dislike about NTs?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NO STUPID ENTPs ARE THE WORST!!!OMGZ1111!!

Here's where, if I paid any attention to Fi, I'd probably melt down and erroneously assume that use of the phrase "stupid ENTPs" somehow implies that all ENTPs must be stupid.

Of course, since I'm not a flaming moron with the IQ of a flagpole, I don't assume that. There certainly are stupid ENTPs and I can accept this fact without getting butt-hurt and imagining nonexistent insults toward all ENTPs.

Amazing, no?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here's where, if I paid any attention to Fi, I'd probably melt down and erroneously assume that use of the phrase "stupid ENTPs" somehow implies that all ENTPs must be stupid.

Of course, since I'm not a flaming moron with the IQ of a flagpole, I don't assume that. There certainly are stupid ENTPs and I can accept this fact without getting butt-hurt and imagining nonexistent insults toward all ENTPs.

Amazing, no?

Not amazed. No matter how badly you might want me to be.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's too bad. I hope the NFP population of this forum will pick up this memo and give it some thought, but somehow I know better.

You fantasize about it when you're alone in your bed don't you?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see a trend!

NT's main quality that people dislike is that NT's stand behind their opinions and thoughts as if they're right. Even though they aren't always. That they think they are smarter than anyone else.

This is a wrong and ironic observation. And I will explain why!

Every healthy person, regardless of type, stand behind their opinions and thoughts as if they're right. Even though they aren't always. Everyone thinks they are smarter than others. Wether you're T or F. You have your opinions and you reached those opinions through a certain method. Be it a rational NT way, or through feeling and emotion (As we rationals say, irrational.). Your way is the right way. If you didn't think that, you need to work on your self esteem.

And so also are some F's here pertaining that we are wrong, simply because they think they are right. But who's to say who is right and wrong? Hey wait a minute, I do!

So do I have news for you! What works for some people, doesn't work for others. Everyone has their own right and wrong. Smartness is therefor an individual factor that isn't comparable as a consensus. Only from certain perspectives and point of views. Take another persons point of view, and different conclusions will be found.

Here's a thought. Since I realise this, and so many other people seem to ignore this all important aspect of smartness. Does that make me better than the rest? :smile:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see a trend!

NT's main quality that people dislike is that NT's stand behind their opinions and thoughts as if they're right. Even though they aren't always. That they think they are smarter than anyone else.

This is a wrong and ironic observation. And I will explain why!

Every healthy person, regardless of type, stand behind their opinions and thoughts as if they're right. Even though they aren't always. Everyone thinks they are smarter than others. Wether you're T or F. You have your opinions and you reached those opinions through a certain method. Be it a rational NT way, or through feeling and emotion (As we rationals say, irrational.). Your way is the right way. If you didn't think that, you need to work on your self esteem.

And so also are some F's here pertaining that we are wrong, simply because they think they are right. But who's to say who is right and wrong? Hey wait a minute, I do!

So do I have news for you! What works for some people, doesn't work for others. Everyone has their own right and wrong. Smartness is therefor an individual factor that isn't comparable as a consensus. Only from certain perspectives and point of views. Take another persons point of view, and different conclusions will be found.

Here's a thought. Since I realise this, and so many other people seem to ignore this all important aspect of smartness. Does that make me better than the rest? :smile:

trying....not...to..be.sarcastic....................

ughhhhhh can't fight it.

wow, fluffy! that's so profound. :worthy: :D

sculpting

Amazing, no?

Sorry, I have watched this pattern too many times SW.

ENTPs always insist on their own uniqueness and resist being boxed when introduced to MBTI. Yet here, the second you say something negative about an ENTP IRL, you get pounced on. It is an interesting hyperdefensive, herd reaction.

When you call the specific defensive ENTP out, they almost always recognize they were being a bit defensive.

By poking at Fi you evoke a tert Te bitchslap or even the thing INFPs do.

By poking at an ENTP, you will evoke an Fe shrug of silence and nobody responds. The wall of silence is just as telling as the Te bitchslap, just makes for shorter threads.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What annoys me is usually the whole 'I have no feelings and if I do, I don't allow them to influence me, unlike *some* people! :ranting: :angry: :steam:'

yeah...you clearly aren't emo :coffee: *pats on the shoulder*
Delusional much? ;)

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Just my two cents:

One might say my INFJ foreman, both of my NT ex-bfs, and I should not, for all intents and purposes, enjoy heavy equipment, heavy physical labor, being covered in oil and grime, and managing dangerous engines, but we were there. We loved the machines for many of the same reasons as the SPs and SJs that surrounded us.

In my experience, extroverted NTs can sound *very* sensory. My ENTJ best friend comes off as an ESTJ frequently and even tests as one sometimes, but so many other ENTJs I know well. Speak to them for a minute, and you'll know they're N dominants. Consider that an extroverted NT might be more inclined to test the waters, try the fugu, take a dare, etc because they're experiencers. They want to see what happens when XYZ occurs, even if it seems perhaps inadvisable.

On the other hand, I've also known S-primaries to seem very N unless you examine them closely. I wouldn't take certain "traits", per se, such as pursuits and hobbies, to delineate one's entire image of a person until you can see how they apply themselves or how they were raised.

Yeah true, I am not trying to say the guy is an ESTPif he says he is ENTP, I don't know him, and I know ENTPs, especially young ones, who would do all the things he described.

I just think he doesn't have a very good idea of what "NT" behaviour is and what "SP" behaviour are like, because the examples given don't resonate. This doesn't mean he isn't ENTP.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't dislike NTs. I dislike the character of people. I accept whatever psychometric profile one has yet I may not respect certain characteristics that one may possess. Stereotyping starts once these characteristics are generally seen within a type.

Unique

I rarely dislike NTs

This thread is weird and pointless, we are pretty used to being disliked by the mass SJ population now we get to hear about it online too? Yay?

There's already mass bias regarding NTs

It wouldn't be hard to find a list of stuff to hate about NTs just go ask anyone from the general population what kind of person pisses them off

What annoys me is usually the whole 'I have no feelings and if I do, I don't allow them to influence me, unlike *some* people! :ranting: :angry: :steam:'

yeah...you clearly aren't emo :coffee: *pats on the shoulder*
Delusional much? ;)

Frustration seems pretty common among NTs, especially when NFs assume emotional subtext in everything we say rather than focusing on our logic

Dah we can seem emotional or expressive at times but that doesn't mean we value it or want it talked about

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I rarely dislike NTs

This thread is weird and pointless, we are pretty used to being disliked by the mass SJ population now we get to hear about it online too? Yay?

It wouldn't be hard to find a list of stuff to hate about NTs just go ask anyone from the general population what kind of person pisses them off

But maybe thoughtful self-criticism from people who know MBTI would be more helpful than doing that?

Or don't NT's have certain pitfalls they need to avoid just like everyone else?

Also why did two people in a row respond saying "I don't dislike NT's". the question was "what do you dislike about NT's?" not "do you dislike NT's?". You can dislike things about someone without disliking them.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Got self-esteem issues, hmm? :D

Unfortunately, not. In fact, I probably need to be pulled down a few notches to get my head out of the lofty clouds, which is what NTs love to do most, right? ;)

Seriously, though, I've noticed NTs cling to being right so hard that they have difficulty compromising. Whether that is within an arguement, or whether that is about an ideal. It's like to concede even one little point is admitting total defeat.......or failure? Then a resultant byproduct of that is anger that seeps out the corners. Yet when called out on sounding angry, NTs might yell, "NF is projecting your feelings onto me!" Haha. As if.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I rarely dislike NTs

Frustration seems pretty common among NTs, especially when NFs assume emotional subtext in everything we say rather than focusing on our logic

Dah we can seem emotional or expressive at times but that doesn't mean we value it or want it talked about

Hehe, oh I'm aware of the fact that you'd rather not talk about it or have it mean anything. Still doesn't mean it doesn't influence your logic process though. And then it does become relevant. At least acknowledge it, then we can get back to the topic at hand ;)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unfortunately, not. In fact, I probably need to be pulled down a few notches to get my head out of the lofty clouds, which is what NTs love to do most, right? ;)

Seriously, though, I've noticed NTs cling to being right so hard that they have difficulty compromising. Whether that is within an arguement, or whether that is about an ideal. It's like to concede even one little point is admitting total defeat.......or failure? Then a resultant byproduct of that is anger that seeps out the corners. Yet when called out on sounding angry, NTs might yell, "NF is projecting your feelings onto me!" Haha. As if.

I relate to that, I have difficulty compromising. The compromise that needs to be reached has to be fruitful and worth while in my view, most of the times I find that the compromises people reach are in more ways worse than either of the extremes both people came from in the first place. If I can not find a worthy compromise, I tend to stick with my own opinion and push that through.

purplesunset

Enneagram
4w5
Most of my close friends (on the rare instances I do manage to make 'em) are invariably INTP's.

Ironically, though, intpcentral left a really, really bad taste in my mouth. I don't know if that was peculiar to intpcentral, or if that's the way INTP's really are like deep down inside.

--- petty

--- mean for the sake of being mean

--- cliquish.

Well, on the engineering quad, NT's are definitely cliquish, it's like they hang on to each other for dear life, and exclude everyone else as payback for usually being outsiders or something

--- believing that feeling=irrational, or that expressing a natural emotional reaction=irrational.

Gee, we are not robots. Many aspects of humanity are irrational. Baby language acquisition might follow a rough map universally, but linguists are far from having decoded the precise details of it...because it's a mess, and a somewhat improbable miracle that children learn to speak. The cop out answer that linguists use is:"well, the human brain was designed for language."

That's like a pre-Galileo scientist saying, "the reason why apples fall to the ground, is because the earth was designed to catch them."

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
they tend to think that they're smarter than any other types

there's a lot of socially awkward NTs out there who are no fun to try and mix with your other friends at events

some insist on playing one upsmanship games even when you're just trying to relax and have fun

there are some evil NTs out there who get some unhealthy joy out of correcting other people's grammar and spelling

:)