• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What do you dislike about NTs?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
flr-cactus2.jpg

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
That picture is very fitting.

"Not all cacti have flowers that bloom because some cacti are self-pollinating. The flowers are usually on the plant for short periods, in some cases blooming only for an evening"

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
"Not all cacti have flowers that bloom because some cacti are self-pollinating. The flowers are usually on the plant for short periods, in some cases blooming only for an evening"

I also self-pollinate. And at night! That picture really is perfect.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Difference #31 between INTPs and ENTPs:

Self-pollination vs. cross-pollination.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
The whole question was whether you are ENTP or ESTP.

The question was why [forgot their name] even questioned if I'm ESTP in the first place. Basically I was shooting down the foolish question of me being ESTP just because I like a booty call and joined in on some fun. Because like OMGz! if someone likes pussy with no strings attached they must be ESTP!!! Riiight.

I'm sure I'm not ESTP. I don't need to question myself about who I am or what type I am. I dont need an anonymous stranger (who btw, can't even come to a conclusion on their own type) trying to tell me what type I seem like to them over the internet. hence, youre rambling for nothing.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nah.

Hearing a song and dancing along with it feeling the beat. That's SP behavior.

I love to dance.

Hearing a song and listening to the lyrics, analyzing the purpose of the song, picking at the lyrics to see if they makes sense, mocking the lyrics, etc. that's NT behavior.

I usually never listen to lyrics and my istp husband does.

I relate to the latter.

EDIT: and here's another SP vs NT thing that I grew up with. My dad (ISTP) always encouraged my to get into a skilled trade (carpenter, plumber, roofer, etc) where I'd be working with my hands. I always hated that idea because I knew those jobs would never provide enough mental stimulation. I ended going to school and studying psychology.

It really seems to work out best, and is more efficient :nerd: , if you remember that typology is just a way of understanding how people prefer to perceive and process data. It's too rough an ideology to attribute such specific behaviors to it, as 'people' around here have taught me.

Just my two cents:

One might say my INFJ foreman, both of my NT ex-bfs, and I should not, for all intents and purposes, enjoy heavy equipment, heavy physical labor, being covered in oil and grime, and managing dangerous engines, but we were there. We loved the machines for many of the same reasons as the SPs and SJs that surrounded us.

In my experience, extroverted NTs can sound *very* sensory. My ENTJ best friend comes off as an ESTJ frequently and even tests as one sometimes, but so many other ENTJs I know well. Speak to them for a minute, and you'll know they're N dominants. Consider that an extroverted NT might be more inclined to test the waters, try the fugu, take a dare, etc because they're experiencers. They want to see what happens when XYZ occurs, even if it seems perhaps inadvisable.

On the other hand, I've also known S-primaries to seem very N unless you examine them closely. I wouldn't take certain "traits", per se, such as pursuits and hobbies, to delineate one's entire image of a person until you can see how they apply themselves or how they were raised.

My 2 cents + Your 2 cents = 4 effing cents! yay!

Yeah, my istp has very good use of Ni, his tert function.

Oh, Yeah! But wait. What do I not like about NTs? It's that I invariably am walking along peacefully enjoying the beautiful world, trying to understand the meaning of life, when WHAM! I inadvertently walk right into their huge, sticky web and I scream and it gets all wrapped around my head and hair and I can't get it off no matter how much I flail, and I have no idea where the spider even went (probably off to the corner of his web amusedly watching), and I run away screaming and stumbling around while I am all the while wishing I had chosen another path. :smile:

BananaSpider1.jpg

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
The enshrined hypothesis of being The Unknowable, I've encountered this with many NTs, and have simply sidestepped it or let it ride, figuring whatever I've gleaned from their behavior, body language and other data will either steer me in the right direction or they'll actually break down and TELL me something they want me to know. Otherwise, I just wait and accumulate. They hate to believe they're telegraphing ANYTHING to the outside world, an illusion of supreme control. Sure, they make fantastic poker players. But they're not air-tight, no matter how much they'd like to believe it.

F.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Their often unfounded and delusional beliefs that they're geniuses who are always right.

The above statement only applies to *some* NTs, not all.

:)

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Their often unfounded and delusional beliefs that they're geniuses who are always right.

/agree

It's ok when they actually are geniuses and when they actually are right, but when they're stupid and wrong it is quite a bother.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE

/agree

It's ok when they actually are geniuses and when they actually are right, but when they're stupid and wrong it is quite a bother.

Edit: Genius+Wrong=funny. Stupid+Right=infuriating.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE

/agree

Edit: Genius+Wrong=funny. Stupid+Right=infuriating... but only sometimes. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I dislike stupid NTs more than anything. It's horrible because they still believe they're more intelligent than others simply because of the NT. It's like delusional squared.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dislike stupid NTs more than anything. It's horrible because they still believe they're more intelligent than others simply because of the NT. It's like delusional squared.

Stupid INTJs are the worst, because they still think they alone possess the brilliant master plan that will lead them to success, power and global control, except they don't because they're retards.

Also please note how I acknowledged the existence of stupid NTs instead of getting pissy that my group (NTs) was being generalized about. This is called being realistic. There are a number of negative qualities characteristic of the NT group, and just because any given one of them doesn't apply to me personally doesn't mean that characteristic trend doesn't exist.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Stupid INTJs are the worst, because they still think they alone possess the brilliant master plan that will lead them to success, power and global control, except they don't because they're retards.

Also please note how I acknowledged the existence of stupid NTs instead of getting pissy that my group (NTs) was being generalized about. This is called being realistic. There are a number of negative qualities characteristic of the NT group, and just because any given one of them doesn't apply to me personally doesn't mean that characteristic trend doesn't exist.

NO STUPID ENTPs ARE THE WORST!!!OMGZ1111!!