• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Advice for Dating ENTJ

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
Thanks for the advice. Actually I feel much better, I am starting to think about how to be more rational in and not take things so personally. I will not be joining debate but there were a few instances recently where I felt myselft starting to respond to criticism as an attack, then I said to myself... ok respond in a logical way... and I actually got the validation I needed from the person! Who was my dad actually. An INTJ.
So if anything comes from this dating, that is so far I feel more empowered, which is what I want. Although I am still letting him make the moves, and call me. I don't want to come on too strong. And I want to do more stuff with him, I don't just want to talk about the "relationship" all the time, that is boring after a while. So I guess I am just anxious at the level that i can make him satisfied still, in other words, stimulate him intellectually, i fell like I have to be this great person with some special talent. But my mind tells me, that is not right. I just want to understand him completely, I'm kinda thinking what can I get out of this? What can I learn about this person, and also maybe have him help me, almost like a benefit relation... I don't know if that is healthy or natural or not...
He just got out of a marriage several years ago, and then a rela. w/ a lady my age was quote very in love with. It didn't work because, it quote wasnt meant to be.
?
I just get concerned with that. Ohh well. There are reasons, why, I am very observant, as well as suspicious of men, and I am rarely wrong in my assumptions. I understand everyone lies to make social nice. I have too. So that is why I don't blindly trust, or call someone out on BS, that is still an assumption. In other words, they are not being honest with me or I caught them in a lie. (I think he faked one on me in bed) I can see though it with him. I think it is fear of, or just lack of ability to connect emotionally, or just lack of interest. The matter has been resolved, thanks to my service. But that is enough about that. Some of his responses seemed cheesy and contrived, not authentic.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Daniel Plainview is my hero.

My ENTJ friend said exactly the same thing. I think he's absolutely brilliant - possibly my favourite film character of all time. I expect other ENTJs to love him too; I think he is an ENTJ. Are you on Facebook? I made a page for him!

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
DONT FLAKE!

Its the worst, most annoying and frustrating NP trait there is and it overlaps with the biggest EJ pet peeve.

Other than that, she'll be fine.

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
excuse me...what do you mean by DONT FLAKE!
Give some concrete examples

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
ENPs can be fickle, which an EJ interprets as you not being serious about the relationship/project/whatever. They're usually very good at sniffing out when you're being inconsistent, and don't mind calling you out on it either.