• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What's the difference between ENTJ & ENFJ thoughts?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Elucidate the temperament distinctions for me thanks. Situational examples are appreciated.

I was wondering whether this should go to NT or NF as its a bit of both.

sculpting

i like entjs. enfjs feel odd to me. I want to like them but it's like we are talking through jello.

However it turns out most other people are terrified of ENTJs. They are just yelling, I mean how bad can that be? Just yell back.

Shaunward

With ENTJs, you have a better idea of knowing where you stand. My brother is an ENFJ and tries to appease people to their face, making him popular. Then, when their back is turned, he has no problem chewing people up. He will only stand for his principles in front of those that share the same principles. I will always love my baby brother, but I think he's a coward and a snake for that.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The biggest distinctions I've observed between the two types is:

ENFJ: more subjective, more concerned about doing right by people, personal goals usually have a heavy emphasis on successful interpersonal relationships.

ENTJ: more objective, more willing to see people as tools to accomplish things (and more willing to go through people if they present obstacles to the ENTJ), goals usually have a heavy emphasis on inanimate things - business, finances, best method of attack, etc.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Compare and contrast: Your Boss' boss vs your mother

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
What's the difference between an INTP and an INFP?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The biggest distinctions I've observed between the two types is:

ENFJ: more subjective, more concerned about doing right by people, personal goals usually have a heavy emphasis on successful interpersonal relationships.

ENTJ: more objective, more willing to see people as tools to accomplish things (and more willing to go through people if they present obstacles to the ENTJ), goals usually have a heavy emphasis on inanimate things - business, finances, best method of attack, etc.

+1 :)

ENFJ: persuasion

ENTJ: dominance, directive

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
ENFJ - Will use persuasion and maybe a hug to change your mind.
ENTJ - Will give you a beat down until you see it their way (usually verbal).

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I think the aim difference is their area of focus. ENFJs are people orientated, ENTJs are thing/event orientated. Each is concerned over there particular area, and so develops skills appropriate.

ENFJs are concerned about people, but they also use people to get the job done. To them people are the issue, the cause of the issue and the cure for the issue. When faced with a problem, they tend to think "who can solve this" rather than "what can solve this".

ENTJs are concered with more material goals. They think "what needs to be done" before they think "who can I rope in as aids". To the ENTJ, people may be part the issue, they may the cure for the issue, but they are not the issue. The issue is getting this bridge built, or whatever.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
bill-oreilly.jpg

ENTJ

Dr_Phil_teen_youtube_beating.jpg

ENFJ

Something like that^....

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For this distinction I look to their different focuses in life. The Keirsey site offers a good description of the NF and NT ways of looking at life.

Also, the names of the temperaments give a clue as to what the types are about: NTs are "Knowledge Seeking" and NFs are "Identity Seeking". Personally, I see NTs as wanting to understand the way the world works and all the phenomena in it, and NFs as wanting to help people and make a meaningful impact on their lives.

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
ENFJs appear to be nice.
Key word: "appear"

i like entjs. enfjs feel odd to me. I want to like them but it's like we are talking through jello.

However it turns out most other people are terrified of ENTJs. They are just yelling, I mean how bad can that be? Just yell back.

I agree to an extent. I would love it if an ENFJ would call me on bullshit. Then I would actually know where I stand with them.

In my experience, ENFJs want (need) to be liked (and are usually very likeable) and use their likeableness to get what they want. ENTJs usually don't care how you feel about us, as long as the job gets done. Being liked is more of a bonus.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I think that enneagram differences between ENFJs play a big role here. From my understanding of enneagram, Fe mostly falls into the domain of enneagram 2 where there is more emphasis on being a helper and being loved, liked, and needed.

I am a Fe-dom who is not enneagram 2, I'm enneagram 1. I don't know about any other E1 Fe-doms, but I love deciding who will be first against the wall.:wubbie: But since I'm a two wing, I will make sure to set up a charity fund for the children of the trail of dead I've left behind me. :)