• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Worth vs. Intelligence

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Of course worth is a relative term, but for the purposes of this discussion let us take worth to mean one's worth to society with regard to the betterment of life quality for all members of said society (technological, logistical, etc.) So a janitor would be worth something because s/he betters our living environment; an inventor would be worth something because s/he can come up with things to make our lives easier; a farmer would be worth something because he provides food to the masses.

My question is this:
Imagine if the worth of each of the 16 types were represented in 16 graphs as functions of their raw intelligence (we're not considering any other factor here). What would the graphs for each of the types look like? Which type's level of worth is affected most by his/her level of intelligence.

Ex. - I'd imagine that an INTP of below average intelligence would be worth much less than an ISTJ of similar intelligence. The INTP graph might start out pretty low, but once a certain level of intelligence were reached the INTP would become quite a bit more useful to society.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You bring the Janitor / inventor example and continue like that ? You're crazy !

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The Janitors are gaining combined mob power as we speak !!

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, are you jealous of a particular ISTJ?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
janitor-holds-a-goldfish.jpg

What about inventor janitors?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
So, are you jealous of a particular ISTJ?

Not in the least. I simply see more of a need for stupid people who are willing to commit, work hard, follow rules, etc., and less of a need for stupid people who think all day about philosophy, mathematics, physics, etc.

In general, I would say the worth of SJs is affected least, NTs most. As for the extremes, I'd venture to guess that the worth of the INTP might very well be affected most, and perhaps the ISTJ least?

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
wow, a thread that increases the value of ISTJs...at great cost...

Little_Sticks

Not in the least. I simply see more of a need for stupid people who are willing to commit, work hard, follow rules, etc., and less of a need for stupid people who think all day about philosophy, mathematics, physics, etc.

In general, I would say the worth of SJs is affected least, NTs most. As for the extremes, I'd venture to guess that the worth of the INTP might very well be affected most, and perhaps the ISTJ least?

That's game point.

I like this thinking. This is a fun thread.

You make me go

wednesday.jpg

And I think I like it. MORE PLEASE. OMG, what did the INTJs put in the cookies! Manic Mania Jaws Attack!

~I think I'm turning ENFP, I think I'm turning ENFP, I really think so.~

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't understand the purpose of this thread.

Maybe that means I'm a unintelligent NT, and hence totally worthless?
Who knows? :shock:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
NTs, if you're speaking of traditional IQ.

I've met plenty of bright NT's who are fairly worthless when it comes to contributing to society. I believe that EQ is more often the limiting factor for NT's rather than IQ. A lot of NT's carry themselves like they're better than everyone else, and that really limits their ability to contribute to society.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Ex. - I'd imagine that an INTP of below average intelligence would be worth much less than an ISTJ of similar intelligence.

Could be worth less. Intelligence is one of the INTPs key assets. It would be like having a lazy ISTJ... what good is that going to do anyone?

But at the same time, for every 4 ISTJs there are in the population, there is only 1 INTP. So even a below average intelligence INTP might be worth more. Supply and demand.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
ENTJs have below average imagination.

O rly? This reminds me of the joke from my RL, when once I told smb that I'm just average and the person told me, ''yeah, but 75% is below average...'' :D :huh:

Though I doubt that INTP would be this dumb at math :newwink: