• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP or INTP...hmmmmmmmmmmm

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
I thought ENTP for the longest time. I could see INTP too though. I'm not very social (could be due to variant stacking sx/sp.. or upbringing as both parents are introverts)... but when I'm forced into a social situation I love talking to different people. I like going out if there's a plan but dont like going out if ppl are just chilling in a parking lot or something lame like that. I relate more to ENFPs than INFPs.

Its weird, depending on who you talk to and where I know them from, they'd say I'm the most introverted laid back person ever or the craziest asshole they know. :coffee:

Any sure fire ways to tell an ENTP from INTP?

EDIT: nevermind, pretty sure im entp and theres already enough threads on entp/intp differences, why cant i delete this thread

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
The E / I divide's pretty easy to tell, probably the easiest of any of them.

It's not whether yeu're social or anything like that.

It's whether yeu get "energized" (weird term I dunno, don't ask me but that's whot MBTI calls it) doing particular activities.

For example, if an introvert does alot of public speaking or something, they'll wear out fast and need to have some time alone to relax. An extrovert generally gets bored from being alone and will want to interact with something externally somehow.

Another example is if yeu're trying to think of an idea... the introvert will tend to think and plan it all out in their head and only really check with other people to verify they're right. An extrovert will tend to bounce ideas off of other people during the process of thinking. Difference of "think before yeu speak" or "thinking through the act of speaking" more or less.

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
People act introverted/extroverted, according to different factors including environment/previous experiences/ 12345342 other factors. Personally, I don't buy into that introverted/extroverted crap.

the whole MBTI thing is just a temporary system until a better system comes out, im not taking it too seriously.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Wel, Katsuni made a pretty accurate description of the E/I dividing line.

Remember that you should not confuse happy Introverts with unhappy Extroverts, or vice-versa. ENTPs often feel quite lonely even for an Extrovert type, because they get bored extremely fast. See for instance the thread made by Jenocyde about being ENTP and single.

But they would express this loneliness very differently than the one of a true Introvert.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
the whole MBTI thing is just a temporary system until a better system comes out, im not taking it too seriously.

Are you aware everything is temporary until proven otherwise, even hard science?

In this world, the only solid evidences we have is when we determine something to be false, and not the illusion of absolute truth.

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
Are you aware everything is temporary until proven otherwise, even hard science?

In this world, the only solid evidences we have is when we determine something to be false, and not the illusion of absolute truth.
lol nice try. have you ever thought i have deeper reasoning behind my talk?

MBTI is not hard science at all. It is flawed. i even have my own theories according to it. so lets just leave it at that.

edit: denying absolute truth in an arguement while defending MBTI?

Little_Sticks

When the new system comes out, replace the MBTI name in your quote with the new system's name and you'll have a nice pattern. And do this for every new system that comes out.

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
When the new system comes out, replace the MBTI name in your quote with the new system's name and you'll have a nice pattern. And do this for every new system that comes out.

ohh funnnnyyyy.

Im just saying im not too fond of this system i think it should be modified. sue me?

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
lol nice try. have you ever thought i have deeper reasoning behind my talk?

Frankly, I don't see any "deeper reasoning". Unless you are able to show some limited epistemological skills, something I haven't had the pleasure to notice so far.

Unless you want us to discuss about Kuhn, Koyré, Feyerabend, Habermas, or Lakatos? Which system has your preference?

Or do you fancy about the virtues and paradoxes of Gödel's incompleteness theorems?

MBTI is not hard science at all. It is flawed. i even have my own theories according to it. so lets just leave it at that.

edit: denying absolute truth in an arguement while defending MBTI?

Who said I defended MBTI?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Do you want us to discuss about Kuhn, Koyré, Feyerabend, Habermas, or Lakatos? Which system has your preference?

Who are Kuhn, Koyré, Feyerabend, Habermas, or Lakatos?:)

I don't understand why you are arguing if you are not defending the MBTI.

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
Frankly, I don't see any "deeper reasoning". Unless you are able to show some limited epistemological skills, something I haven't had the pleasure to notice so far.

Unless you want us to discuss about Kuhn, Koyré, Feyerabend, Habermas, or Lakatos? Which system has your preference?

Or do you fancy about the virtues and paradoxes of Gödel's incompleteness theorems?

lol saying a bunch of random theories that i never heard about, doesn't make you smart. anyways, I talk with my opinion, and you try to oppose it using other peoples opinions? its all opinion, and frankly i don't care what you have to say

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
most basic difference between intp and entp is, the former is well grounded in some reality, but can because of that for a really long time never change. Then again "to change" in that regards would need you to sacrifice one whole personality, to become a new one. Like a snake would loose its skin. And if you'ld be ready to go thru such great lengths, you're probably entp.

The best word I ever read about the main difference between intps and entps is, entps are Hasardeurs, which bears a very different meaning but can loosely be translated with gamblers.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
Another example is if yeu're trying to think of an idea... the introvert will tend to think and plan it all out in their head and only really check with other people to verify they're right. An extrovert will tend to bounce ideas off of other people during the process of thinking. Difference of "think before yeu speak" or "thinking through the act of speaking" more or less.

Yup, look at this thread and how I edited it afterward. Speaks for itself :)

Love bouncing ideas around... one of my favorite things to do actually.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
most basic difference between intp and entp is, the former is well grounded in some reality, but can because of that for a really long time never change. Then again "to change" in that regards would need you to sacrifice one whole personality, to become a new one. Like a snake would loose its skin. And if you'ld be ready to go thru such great lengths, you're probably entp.

The best word I ever read about the main difference between intps and entps is, entps are Hasardeurs, which bears a very different meaning but can loosely be translated with gamblers.

Ne-dominant is well grounded in some reality? Ugh...I dont think so. We just have a better idea of what's going on around us than INTPs do.

Qre:us

most basic difference between intp and entp is, the former is well grounded in some reality, but can because of that for a really long time never change.

Ne-dominant is well grounded in some reality? Ugh...I dont think so. We just have a better idea of what's going on around us than INTPs do.

Former, entropie said, which would mean, INTP (as he put that first)....not the Ne-dom (ENTP), which would be the latter.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
^ah, gotcha. i know what former means but I thought I read it the other way around.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Main difference between both...

INTP:
theflyopera.jpg

ENTP:
1987predator008.jpg

:)

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
INTP are more passive aggressive, ENTPs are more bold and assertive.
INTPs might agree with you on an issue, but call you a moron in his brain.
Whereas an ENTP will say what he thinks.
INTPs are also more likely to hide what he thinks that an ENTP.

INTP will analyze more before giving a response, ENTP are more blunt.
ENTPs are also more adventurous, while INTPs are more cautious and reserved.
INTPs loves theories and abstract ideas and solving mental puzzles.
ENTPs are more concerned with experimentation and how an idea works in reality.
Rather than analyze and dissect an idea in his head, an ENTP will want to see whether it works or not in reality. An ENTP will want to test everything, no matter how insane the idea sounds.
INTPs are more driven by logical consistencies and errors, while ENTPs put more weight on the value of the idea.

INTPs tend to be experts at a certain field (like engineers or scientists or philosophers), while ENTPs are more generalists. INTPs also tend to have higher IQ.

ENTPs will also engage in shameless self-promotion like ESTPs, where as INTPs will tend to hide their arrogance (though this is not always the case).

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
honestly, it doesn't really matter. the NTP nature is pretty much consistent regardless of wether you are introverted or extraverted - we are THE sluts of raw ideas, abstraction, and intense thought. We love concepts, and we get painfully BORED with routine and mundane-ity. We are philosophical and mathematical WHORES as well :) I think INTP/ENTP might be one of the most similar archetypes in type theory - i see more similarities between me and my ENTP cohorts than between any other 1-letter different type comparisons, but that might be my own bias due to understanding myself/ENTPs so well.

EDIT: for the sake and elaboration of my potential bias in my opinion of I/E being nearly meaningless for NTPs, I ought to mention some on this board think im eNTP