• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP vs INTJ - who is more manipulative?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
both in their "average" states, and in terms of potentiality.

I would have thought an INTJ tends to in an average state to have more wish to manipulate - though they are forced to do so more in terms of "stragically orienting a conversation" rather than through feeling, because their Fi blocks that. This gives them less manipulative potentiality than the Ti-Fe combination of the INTP.
My sister and I are of the opinion that the INTP is the most secretive, manipulative type.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Yes, manipulation comes in many forms, some more immediate in the moment, and some more calculated and long-range.

I would say overall, I see INTP as more manipulative, often through withholding (of information, of communication, of emotion). They believe this is just about staying "private" but it's almost the only power they know they can lever, and they can do it sometimes ruthlessly to great affect in others.

My sister and I are of the opinion that the INTP is the most secretive, manipulative type.

Yes, I agree with the secretive part - it aligns with my experience and study. As for most manipulative ... I would rank some other types higher.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Different types of manipulation, but both can excel at it in certain individuals.

Ti-Ne or Ne-Ti manipulation was rather well characterized in the movie "Catch Me if You Can'". They can play with perception and internal ideas to influence what you think. They are be quick to pick up on linguistic nuances and copy these to achieve various ends. This approach is skilled at controlling the internal perceptions of others to achieve personal ends.

example of INTP or ENTP manipulation style

I agree that Ni-Te or Te-Ni manipulation is more strategic and focuses more on external behaviors. I knew one perfectly nice INTJ who enjoy conceptualizing ways to control behavior. For example, he knew an individual who weighed 500lbs and who lived in a parasitic manner, so the INTJ enjoyed conceptualizing treadmills that would reward such an individual with intermittent snacks, but maintaining less calorie intake than expenditure to effective control behaviors. An INTJ that desired to manipulate could easily study behavioral therapy and then apply its principles. Sheldon Cooper demonstrates this.

example of INTJ or ENTJ manipulation style

This is great

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTP.. Definitely

Ravelijenn

MBTI Type
INTP
I feel as if that on a normal day-to-day basis, it is the INTJ that is more manipulative just because that they care more about things and they have the motive to manipulate most of the time. However, when the INTP care about things (which is basically never unless it is really, really important to we because we don't give a flying **** about anything anytime.) we can be very manipulative because we have picked up things from our studies that can help us manipulate people- psycology, military tactics, history, lots of fun. But like, it is all harmless manipulation (for me at least) like the INTP either use them for experiments or because we are too laxy to do something and we want someone else wants to do it. Most likely because we are bored.