• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] what NTs look for in a potential mate

Hypomanic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Physical: Prep school attire, clean cut, not too good looking but clear complexion. Taller than me.

Emotional: In love with me... doesn't get offended by my argumentative nature, respectful, kind, not emo. Good relationship with family.

Mental: VERY intelligent, VERY good grades, highly regarded. Nerdy, if you will. Mentally healthy/stable. Similar goals/values/thinking to mine.

fiona

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've learnt a new word! :D

Glad to oblige! :)

But honestly, I just don't get other NTs reliance on physical appearance. I thought perhaps it was because there's a preponderance of men here, but the women seem just as fussy. I'd always assumed that my ability to love anyone as long as there is a 'meeting of minds' thing was to do with being INTJ. Now it seems that most of us demand the whole barrel, and I'm not typical at all.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're not typical, Fiona. And that's a special thing too :yes: I have to say, I never thought I was particular on attraction, but I suppose I am! I can cop to that. :D

(And I'm still trying to find a way to casually slip your fine word into a sentence)

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Physical: Healthy.
Emotional: Fairly stable NF female-ish. Not lifeless or robotic, but not dramatically unstable.
Mental: "Smart enough." Preferably able to entertain some of my ideas without gazing off too far, and at least able to throw around and discuss some of her own.

Usehername

On a mission

But honestly, I just don't get other NTs reliance on physical appearance. I thought perhaps it was because there's a preponderance of men here, but the women seem just as fussy. I'd always assumed that my ability to love anyone as long as there is a 'meeting of minds' thing was to do with being INTJ. Now it seems that most of us demand the whole barrel, and I'm not typical at all.

Healthy, physically attractive, major-defect-lacking people are going to be producing better offspring more often than people who aren't these three?

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hmm.

physical: X-factor. It is an overall package thing.

Ain't it just? ;)

I would say that integrity and intellectual curiosity are tantamount - those absolutely have to be present in order for someone to even be attractive in the first place.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP

Then I'm not either. I was just being flippant saying yes I'd prefer a physical partner as opposed to an incorporeal one, but really physical stuff is COMPLETELY irrelevant to me. I mean, literally. Well - unless they really stink, but that's about all. In fact, I find people who are too well groomed something of a turn-off.

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
Physical: Good looking. Good hygiene and not overweight.

Emotional: *Stable* emotionally. Is calm and relaxed. Warm, caring and giving. Has integrity. Is a moral person. Respects other people's opinions and doesn't get hysterical if different from hers. Can understand that I can love someone w/o becoming gooey over it all the time.

Mental: Smart and competent in own area that is different from mine. I want to respect my mate in terms of intelligence without us having to compete in an area of expertise. I want us to be complementary, like in a team, and not trying to one-up each other or prove who is the smartest.

just copied one i found was similar enough.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Physical - Has her own style and is confident.

Emotional - Forgiving and independent.

Mental - Has her own mind and knows it.

Fading violets need not apply :D
Well actually Lori would remind that no one need apply but I always enjoyed reading the applications (like I get stacks) so we'll ignore her :smile:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Then I'm not either. I was just being flippant saying yes I'd prefer a physical partner as opposed to an incorporeal one, but really physical stuff is COMPLETELY irrelevant to me. I mean, literally. Well - unless they really stink, but that's about all. In fact, I find people who are too well groomed something of a turn-off.

Aw c'mon! Stinky people need the ENTP love too! :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Heh, and they get it too, but not the physical kind!!!

Substitute: (kindly but firmly) "All right, bro. I'm gonna introduce you to a friend of mine that shall become YOUR friend! *whips out strange object* See this?! The Loofah of Love! Yes! The Loofah of Love wants a private word with you and your stink rays, 'K?!"

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Substitute: (kindly but firmly) "All right, bro. I'm gonna introduce you to a friend of mine that shall become YOUR friend! *whips out strange object* See this?! The Loofah of Love! Yes! The Loofah of Love wants a private word with you and your stink rays, 'K?!"

That gives very special meaning to "pinch a lo[ofah]..."

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh, no you didn't!!!

*laughing hard* Oh, this is GOOD!!! :smile:

Urchin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Physical: (These are not hard and fast rules, merely what I tend towards without personal context) Men: tall and very thin. Long hair is preferrable. Women: Short and curvy, moderately large breasts and bottom, relatively small waist. Preference for the heavier builds over the slighter ones. Hair that is not blonde.

Emotional: Must be emotionally secure and independent. I do not want to be a vital part of my partner's emotional well-being. I would prefer to be unimportant to them than overimportant.

Mental: Must be intelligent and rational. Must reason primarily based on logic as opposed to emotion. My partner would preferrably be an intellectually curious person.

In other words, another NT. I have a significant preference for Is as well, which didn't fit into the above. Again, there are no hard and fast rules, but this is what works best for me in theory.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP

*blink* I'm never going to look at a loofah without thinking of that again. :doh:

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Intelligence, integrity, faith, placing at least third in no less than two rhumba contests.

MX5

MBTI Type
INTJ
Physical: female (first and foremost), short-ish (5'4" or less), "pleasingly plump" with curves, an attractive butt and shapely legs, dark-complected, expressive eyes ("Her Eyes Are A Million Miles" – Captain Beefheart), full lips.

Emotional: Stable (no Divas, Drama Queens, or Basket Cases), accepting, caring (but not gushingly so), empathetic, independent (not needy, or clingy), slightly goofy (odd sense of humor)

Mental: Intelligent, well-spoken, open-minded, willing to explore new ideas, understanding, quick-witted, thinks in pictures

Also, must be into cars and motorcycles – or at least willing to learn!

O

Oberon

My first requirement in a potential mate is that she's got to enjoy me, and the second is that she's got to enjoy me enjoying her.

Fortunately I found my mate years ago.

Hypomanic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh my gosh. I forgot that of course high standards and morals are required for my mate. I could care less about exact looks, as long as he's clean cut.