• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] what NTs look for in a potential mate

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Physical: A certain standard needs to be met, but generally, people tend to become a lot prettier if I am attracted to their personality.

Emotional: Not annoyingly emotionally needy.

Mental: Creative and intelligent. Appreciation of my intellect. Able to discuss anything.

I completely feel the same. Except about brunettes. I just like dark hair. Black, brown, those are cool with me.

T

ThatGirl

Physical? health
Emotional? ... What?...
Mental? No thanks

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Physical: Primordial attraction is still nice to have

Emotional: Passionate but not every moment of the day

Mental: Intelligent and highly creative. Willing to discuss anything. Big one: Willing to explore and learn everything with excitement (I love traveling).

Last edited:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can do the "Dinosaur".
Smells like Teen Spirit.
Blathering.
Heedless blathering.
Heedless sensationalized blathering that cannot be done with pauses for air.
Contentious wrangling.
Pedantic fits.
Over-usage of unflattering primary colors, particularly in one's itchy sweater collection.
Coffee snob.
Miserly pinching of pennies until Lincoln screams... from the GRAVE!
Tailgater.
Insistence upon saying "liberry" and "nuKular".
Belching the ABCs.
Golf is exciting.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Can do the "Dinosaur".
Smells like Teen Spirit.
Blathering.
Heedless blathering.
Heedless sensationalized blathering that cannot be done with pauses for air.
Contentious wrangling.
Pedantic fits.
Over-usage of unflattering primary colors, particularly in one's itchy sweater collection.
Coffee snob.
Miserly pinching of pennies until Lincoln screams... from the GRAVE!
Tailgater.
Insistence upon saying "liberry" and "nuKular".
Belching the ABCs.
Golf is exciting.

:happy:
And here I thought "having the unusual skill to avoid pissing me off" was all it took.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:happy:
And here I thought "having the unusual skill to avoid pissing me off" was all it took.

Here at MBTIc, we're all about taking it to the next level! :D

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Here at MBTIc, we're all about taking it to the next level! :D
:party2:

editing McG's terse descriptions to my liking

Physical: Attractive to me

Emotional: Uncrazy and stable. Instability is the kiss of death.

Mental: Smarties! the most important of the three.

+ the ability to not annoy me regularly.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let's go out to the New Kids on the Block revival at the local high school for five hours and then we can hang out at my house playing Jenga and watching reruns of "Blossom". Also, I don't mean to brag but...

I have YANNI.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
:wubbie:
Ah Blossom. I'm probably dating myself with that.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I mentioned it. I'm clearly to blame. lol

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
...I've had an ENTJ guy tell me I was "too smart". ?!

I thought smart was a good thing, but I guess not. I had it explained to me that NT men don't like to have mates that could possibly be smarter than them. This makes no sense to me - if my boyfriend had a higher IQ than I did, I would be proud of him, not see it as a competition. So, I don't entirely believe NT men who say they want an intelligent woman. They want a woman who is reasonably smart without threats of Supreme Intelligence usurpation.

I would not be threatened at all by someone "smarter than me." I would, however, be highly skeptical of this assertion. :nerd: :D

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The way I've always understood it, and the way it most strongly manifests with myself, is that while yes, it is competition, it isn't competition as most people think of it....So, yes. I suspect NTs are generally threatened by partners that are substantially more intelligent than they, I'm not sure they aren't looking for intelligent women however. Does that help at all?

This was wonderfully explained! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this out for me. :) It does clarify a great deal.

The mighty Greek fire of my superior actualized mind shall burn you to the waterline as your ancient Norse ancestors before you and then destroy your ashes in most despicable graceless way (i.e. scrape them into a jar and mix them in with the Jonas Brothers' vat of hair gel.)

You are deeply deeply hated.

The Jonas Brothers. Yes, she really hates you.

You're about 1000 years too late, Sven LittleAxe.

Beat me at Helicopter and I shall pretend that you are human, even if a heinous misshapen horrible sewer clown!

So THAT'S what came up out of the sewer! I mean, the screaming children, the fainting adults, the horrific stench, the lawyerly suit.... it all makes sense now.

I would not be threatened at all by someone "smarter than me." I would, however, be highly skeptical of this assertion. :nerd: :D

LOL. You're a nut, so I will allow for your misguided disbelief. :D

Usehername

On a mission
It's probably a gender thing, too.

Intelligent guys are pretty sexy. I'd be happy to marry a guy smarter than I, so long as there wasn't such distance between our intelligence that I felt like an idiot often around him.

Shadowrose

MBTI Type
ENTP
It's probably a gender thing, too.

Intelligent guys are pretty sexy. I'd be happy to marry a guy smarter than I, so long as there wasn't such a distance between our intelligence that I felt like an idiot often around him.

One of my ex-girlfriends told me I used too many big words...