• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] what NTs look for in a potential mate

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:D It's robot love! lol

Only I'd like mine with a matte finish please.

and a plyable outer covering with appropreately sensitive micro-pressure receptors? ^_^

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Dang, so the average guy need not apply with the INTJ crowd.

145lbs and 5'10" seemed just normal, but I guess I got bulk up, and rip up before I approach.

EDIT: On the other hand, forget it, I don't need to deal with all this superficiality anyway. :)

Read the thread again: most INTJ ladies don't seem to have overly specific requirements when it comes to looks.

ring the bell

Physical: It's hard to say exactly what it is that attracts me. Usually it's the eyes and mannerisms more than just some physical trait.

Emotional: He has to have some emotion, but I don't think I would enjoy having someone need me to be there for them on that level constantly. It's just too taxing to have to be with someone so needy.

Mental: intelligent. preferably more so than me.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't get why so many women would prefer a guy smarter than them.

Personally I'd like someone equal to me.

squibbles

MBTI Type
INTJ

CaptainChick said something (maybe in this thread, I forget), that I thought pretty succinctly explained this (I'm paraphrasing): I don't want a guy I can pwn.

Personally speaking, I'm more attracted to a guy that I really, really respect. I most often respect people that are able to do something I value better than I can. I value thinking so...there it is.

ring the bell

Equal is fine...but intelligence in a man is incredibly sexy, especially when they can really challenge me with thoughts and ideas. it's probably just a matter of preference for which there is no real explanation for. there are no rules to attraction...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, there usually is more heat in a restaraunt walk in freezer than there is in a cup of hot tea. But yeah, I've been mentioning it in that form on this board for a while *shifty eyes at Trinity wary of any possible plotting behind his back*

Wrath Mania

MBTI Type
ENTP
Physical: I was tempted to get really specific here, but I'll just say I go for cute, with, um, geometry...

Emotional: I am a sucker for NFs. That pretty much sums it up. I don't think I would fare well long term with a T, especially an NT. One of my best friends is an ENTJ. We get along exceedingly well and banter endlessly. Many people have suspected us of being together; one time a security guard on our campus asked if we were married. We just happen to make a very good tandem. But were both way too competitive. We would destroy each other in a relationship.

Mental: Well one, I like it when the girl is more organized and scheduling than me (J). God knows I need that long term. Two, I don't nessecarily care if we have the same interests, but it DOES matter if they 'get' the language I speak. For instance, an ENFP or INFP might seem really interested in my interests, but not really get the point of them... Whereas those with Ni tend to speak the same tongue as me. This is why I fall for NFJs....

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Physical: They have to look good WITHOUT makeup. Anyone can look good dolled up. It's what you look like after a bout of tears or an hour at the gym that counts.

Emotional: Another NT. Most preferred? Another ENTJ.

Mental: Most important one here. Smart. With numbers. Or that goes against you.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Physical: I don't really care...I don't like extremes though: too fat, too skinny, too buff, too short, too tall. I consider myself a reasonable guy in this department. I'm not a fan of women that are slobs, though...funny how most expect guys to be most slobs though, and most of the slobs are probably guys. Like how not washing your hair and wearing torn up clothes is a statement of your individuality. That's crap.

Emotional: I don't want dependency; that is insanely aggravating. I'm perfectly fine talking about feelings and I've had plenty of sentimental streaks...but again, no robots and no hyper-sensitive people. There has to be a level of emotional toughness that allows for talking about "difficult" subjects, and there has to be a level of emotional maturity that allows for fights and arguments to be stable...

Mental: Intelligent, but not too intellectual. Not even sure if I want to date an intellectual. Just don't be an airhead.