• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTPs and INTJs, what do you do to unwind? what energises you?

nim

MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
to unwind, i might listen to classical music whilst reading a book. i also enjoy a good long walk in the outdoors, where, if it's quiet, i'm able to detach from the environment and internally set my thoughts in order.

i'm energized by a deep, truth-seeking discussion with an intelligent friend or group of friends, especially if the discussion centres around one or more topics that interest me.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Any kind of solitude, where I can pursue my interests. I also love to be in nature. Yesterday, I was driving to the grocery store, and the landscape was bathed in white snow. As I drove, and was alone in my thoughts, I was just...happy. There's nothing like it.

Also, like nim said, I can get lost for hours in a deep discussion with someone. These energize me a lot. The less effort I expend maintaining my social charade, the more I can focus on the quality of interaction.

As Dr. Manhattan says, "I prefer the stillness here." Words I live by.

HomerSoprano

MBTI Type
INTP
Family guy, snowboarding, gym, good food, hot saunas, arguing with people on the internet, big bang theory,

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
My horses calm me like nothing else. The immediacy of being around them demands that my mind must focus on where I am and where they are. Tuning in on what their behavior is telling me leaves no room for human stresses. Also, walking as fast and long as I can, wonderful for my mind. Also, talking in our extended,meandering way with my best friend is a source of refueling for me. He is one of the extremely few people who doesn't drain my energy.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Playing Diablo II really gets me relaxed. For some reason that game always hits the spot, even after 9 years.

Other than that, I listen to some music and lately I've been practicing fingerpicking on my acoustic.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
sitting in the park with a view of the whole city with some jazz on the ipod on a rainy day:)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sleeping in
Watching a really good movie
Getting a massage
Reading a really good book
A trip to the Caribbean (Anse Chastanet Resort in St. Lucia was probably the best of the ones I've been to)

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot two:
Sex
Listening to music

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
To unwind I drink spirits and watch tv-lite.

ObliviousExistence

MBTI Type
loco
Enneagram
5W4
I can relate to some of your posts.

Things that relax me:
just chilling with friends while having a beer and talking about random arbitrary crap, I must do this at least once a week.
when I'm really stressed I like to play either fifa or C&C kanes wrath on my pc, that really calms me down.
I like the draw of the mountains, I like being high and deep in the mountains far away from any signs of civilization.
I like nature and animals, although I don't have any pets atm
I like traveling, preferably out of the country to some destination I've never been before.
While I like nature, I also enjoy the buzzing city life from time to time depending on my moods.
reading something interesting\profound
sitting in the dark listening to some lounge\chill out music.
going for a run
just thinking and coming up with new insights regarding everyday things, people in my life or people in general, society etc.

simple pleasures are the best

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Read political news, smoke weed, think about or talk to a certain girl, play music with friends, drink red wine, watch Fox News, look at Google keyword trends, market research, web development, armchair theorizing, watch Nat Geo and Discovery, investigate random topics, foruming...... Profit.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Read political news, smoke weed, think about or talk to a certain girl, play music with friends, drink red wine, watch Fox News, look at Google keyword trends, market research, web development, armchair theorizing, watch Nat Geo and Discovery, investigate random topics, foruming...... Profit.

Red wine definitely works too.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Watching a good movie on my laptop, watching well-made documentaries on interesting topics around the world (I prefer documentaries by Al Jazeera English, BBC or PBS), brisk walks around my lovely neighborhood's scenic jogging path alone (or together with a good friend much fun as we talk away), having sex or cuddling (not getting any of these nowadays though), listening to a favorite pieace of music over and over again (fave all-time song: Lived in Bars by Cat Power), having a long hot shower, catching up with good friends over margaritas, pigging on delicious trashy food (pasta with lots of butter! KFC!), daydreaming on my bed, etc etc

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Being in solitude doing the things I love...creating art, designing, learning how to do something new, or dancing like a crazy person in my room.

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
There is something energizing in knowing that you are the most hardcore person in the room.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Solitude, just time to recharge. I love to drive the country roads home from work. The horses, the cows, the farms as far as I can see. If it is a particularly stressful day, I only want a shower, jammies and my favorite furry chested man to fall asleep on.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Train trips with nice view, choice book and empty seat next to me

envisaging how theories/strategies work and then putting them into play

cappuccino with pot brownies while watching Saturday morning cartoons

Strolling downtown or in strange but pedestrian friendly alluring cities

Getting drunk on Jack and Coke and singing karaoke while acting like an ESTP making friends on the spot

Sitting outside tables of a coffee house smoking cigs and watching people walk by.

Laying in the dark listening to audio-books while slowly falling asleep

Sex

Becoming immersed in a RPG/FPS video game and not being interrupted with anything while I play

not answering my cell phone

Strip clubs and attractive female bodies in general

upscale and varied buffets

hikes in far back country of the mountains 10,000 ft plus

independent outdoor/indoor cats

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- making music
- listening to music
- watching mindless cartoon shows
- walks / getting away from people
- reading
- going out getting drunk
- talking to friends
- cigarette break!!
- evening coffee
- computer games, esp. old DOS games

Basically it's hard for me to completely "unwind". I rarely ever stop thinking about something. The moment I sit down to chill, I find a book in my hand :/

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Sometimes I DVR The 700 Club so that I can watch it later and yell at the tv.

Plus, reading.