• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTPs and INTJs, what do you do to unwind? what energises you?

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
It depends. Sometimes I just enjoy chilling with some friends and watching movies, playing games, etc.

Other times I just enjoy being in my room and reading, or listening to music, although I find it's very difficult for me to just lie back and relax, only listening to music.

I also like to lie on my bed and just relax, or think about things. Sleeping, and dreaming can be very soothing if I can do either at my leisure. Having to wake up or worry about doing something tends to ruin this for me.

I also like to tune out the world by playing video games. I think it's one of the easiest ways for me to get recharged because I have the leisure of starting and stopping whenever I like.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Probably the most effective way I have found to relax/calm/energize myself is walking in the rain. The rain feels and smells amazing while I can let my mind wander.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I feel best when conventions and spontaneity get thrown out of the window.

So everything that satisfies this criterion will be interesting to me.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Time for myself. Doesn't really matter what I do, as long as I do it for myself.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Kung fu movies make me want to get up and do something fun most of the time. Classic rock and 70's/ early 80's funk (James Brown, P-funk, Bootsy's other stuff) is awesome at getting me going as well.

On the other hand, swimming is an excellent mellow and graceful activity for relaxation. Music that is similar to Pink Floyd also accentuates this.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Copious amounts of caffeine and alcohol energize me, along with hanging out with classy friends and pushing the limit of socially acceptable behavior.

I can't conclusively say that I ever unwind, though.

Hydroglyphic

MBTI Type
INT?
Enneagram
For me it's always been thinking deeply about things and getting into subjects I enjoy.
Friendships have never been my main source of enjoyment but It does leave me with a good mood sometimes.
I think I also enjoy reading and understanding any subject I get into to almost sage like understanding.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sleep, everything else is such a drag sometime. But sometimes sleep doesn't reenergize me because its the kind of soul tired you get once in a while.

I like to daydream, listen to music. Just chill on my bed, staring at the ceiling with my cats purring next to me.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Listening to classical music or movie scores, watching documentaries, walking in the city for hours at a time. Marijuana, occasionally - it puts my mind into overdrive which in itself is oddly relaxing.