• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Thought Experiment

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
1) I can't read the note, it crumbled in my hands. Thus I didn't think about who wrote it.
2)Nor did I think about how old it is.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, here's an interesting thought experiment:

You're sitting at a table. At exactly 11am, a note appears in front of you saying "At exactly 12pm (one hour from now), send this note back in time exactly one hour"

So, you do that at exactly 12pm.

(1) Who wrote the note?
(2) How old is the note?

(1) Can be anyone.
(2) Impossible to know when that person started sending the message. As long as you are compliant, it's safe to assume you're compliant every time the clock turns back, so the note could be very old, but also quite new.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
You know what's funny is that I can tell what posts were written by INTPs before I even look to see who wrote it :laugh:

Proceed

:popc1:

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You wrote the note? Your sense of time must be distorted as well as your sense of personality.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I dont listen to notes that future men give me.
I dont send it back in time.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'd just assume it's a random hoax. If it isn't your questions are nowhere near as interesting as learning how the note works.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I eat the note, thusly dissolving the previous timespace continuum and shattering the supporting structure of the current one, leaving myself in the best possible position to lay claim as ruler of all.

Or we all die in a fit of logic, and I'm not around to care. Whichever.

Also I was going to link to a particular zarla comic, but the site is down... fortunately I saved it!

picture.php

Bri

MBTI Type
INTJ
If my current version of myself is only going through one space & time trajectory, what does it matter who wrote it or how old it is? I'll get the note at 11, then send the note back in time at 12. I'm not sending ME back anywhere, so when 12:01 rolls around, I'll still be the current version of myself.

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
1. An explosion of ink in a random area of a certain planet that got sucked into a black hole and ended up in an unending link of recurring notes at 11 am because some guy made this black hole and he was a genius who wanted to make his "mark" somewhere. Unfortunately, he didn't know that he would become a note and therefore the only way to get out of the note form would be to stop the time link. However, everybody listens for some reason...
2. I want to make the note 13. Use your imagination for what kind of unit it should be.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
every read harry potter?

in the third one harry's dad comes comes out of the woods to conjure up some spell to scare dementors (or whatever) away...then later harry realizes it wasn't his dad, it was a future him.

howd the future harry as seen by the past harry know what to do? how did the future harry manage when he was the present harry? cuz if future harry is supposed to protect present harry, who protected the future harry when future harry WAS the present harry?

huh?

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ok, here's an interesting thought experiment:

You're sitting at a table. At exactly 11am, a note appears in front of you saying "At exactly 12pm (one hour from now), send this note back in time exactly one hour"

So, you do that at exactly 12pm.

(1) Who wrote the note?
(2) How old is the note?

You wrote the note........after forgetting to take your medication.