• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Gods role in doing an invention

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So I have decided to invent a Helios. This is a Covert Ops frigate from the eve online race Gallente that can be equipped with a Cloaking Device that lets you vanish from sight and sensors to do all sorts of nasty things.

Goodbye+Helios.JPG

The Helios sells for roughly 20 million on the market. To give you an idea: that amount of money is equivalent to roughly 160 minutes of mining asteroids in the best mining barge + some extra time ( for me around 30 minutes ) you need for hauling the roids to a market hub in space.

So nothing to make you insanely rich, but good money.

Ok so I did the calculations on what the production of the Helios would cost me and here they are:

d4007fbcbf.png

So it will cost me a rough 9 mil what does make up for a profit of 11 mil in the end !

Yes that's a good deal and worth around 100 minutes of effective mining time.

So but now comes the catch !

The Helios is a Tech II item. That means it's an invention of a Tech I item. The Tech I item is the Imicus that looks like the Helios is very easily and cheaply to produce.

To obtain a blueprint copy for a Helios though that you need to build it, you have to do an invention job on a Imicus Tech 1 blueprint. And that one is tricky.

An invention job does cost me a rough 1.2 mil. Later in game when I have gotten my standings up with respective research agents I can get the costs down to near zero. But for now its 1.2 mil.

An invention job does have a chance to be successful or not, here is the calculation for me:

http://image-upload.de/image/6nK8pa/d8f8192de9.png (posted as url to not kill forum frame)

The Datacores are Gallentean Starship Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.

That means: I spend 1.2 mil for the invention job and have a 34.61 % chance to obtain a Tech II blueprint copy for a Helios with which I can start production.

I could use decryptors in the job to increase chance and reduce the wastage factor of the blueprint copy what would lower the costs of production, but a decryptor is destroyed in the invention job and the cheapest one costs 8 mil what would kill my margin and then no profit for ent :(.

So with an expected profit of 11 mil per successfully produced unit and 1.2 mil / invention job, I can do roughly 10 invention jobs with a 1/3th chance / job to succeed before I enter the red zone.

If only 2 jobs are successful, I'ld be very soon, be a rich man, but as you see it's dependant on whether God likes me or not.

So I will be able to do the invention in 2 weeks, need to train the respective skills first and then God will have my monetary future in his hands !!!

What do you think ? Good idea or bat-shit crazy ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Please summarize the data and I'll look over it.

Chance to earn 11 million interstellar credits.

Material cost: 9 mil
ship's worth on the market: 20 mil

R&D:

Blueprint is needed for 1 production circle.

Blueprint copy has a 1/3th chance to turn out successful. Cost per attempt: 1.2 mil. After 10 attempts the costs for the whole thing are bigger than the profit.

Worth a try ?

Shaunward

Chance to earn 11 million interstellar credits.

Material cost: 9 mil
ship's worth on the market: 20 mil

R&D:

Blueprint is needed for 1 production circle.

Blueprint copy has a 1/3th chance to turn out successful. Cost per attempt: 1.2 mil. After 10 attempts the costs for the whole thing are bigger than the profit.

Worth a try ?
How volatile is the market?

What does it mean if blueprint copy is successful? Unsuccessful?

Material cost is the cost if attempt is successful (9M), otherwise attempt cost (1.2M)? Does this success rate have anything to do with blueprint copy success rate?

Thanks.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Market is in constant demand (currently over 5 million buy orders ).

If the invention job to gain a blueprint copy is unsuccessful you lost 1.2 mil credits. If its successful you have a blueprint you can build the ship you want to sell with.

So an invention job always costs 1.2 mil and has a 1/3th chance to provide you with a blueprint copy or nothing.

Material cost is always 9 mil. Before production can start at all tho you need the blueprint.

Shaunward

Market is in constant demand (currently over 5 million buy orders ).

If the invention job to gain a blueprint copy is unsuccessful you lost 1.2 mil credits. If its successful you have a blueprint you can build the ship you want to sell with.

Material cost is always 9 mil. Before production can start at all tho you need the blueprint.

So 1/3rd chance of the blueprint being successful.

With one blueprint attempt, you have a 1/3 chance of success.
With two, 5/9. With three, 19/27. Already with just two attempts, your chances of getting it are over 50%. With just three, your chances are over 18/27 (=6/9=2/3).

If profit is guaranteed 11 million (let's safeball and say half that, just in case), or 5.5 million, you get four attempts before you're losing money. Chances are fairly good you won't.

So. I guess it depends if you have anything else better to do with that money and what level of risk you're okay with.

Bonus if the blueprint is reuseable.

Any questions?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No, my thoughts :D. I got no current costs and I can go mining anytime for no costs to get money back. Just extra work.

I just wondered why ingame noone of the more experienced pilots was carried away together with me on my wave of enthusiasm and thought there maybe is a thing I overlooked.

But now I think, it's prolly because they deal with money around several 500 million and dont concern with the small amounts no more haha :D.

Shaunward

No, my thoughts :D. I got no current costs and I can go mining anytime for no costs to get money back. Just extra work.

I just wondered why ingame noone of the more experienced pilots was carried away together with me on my wave of enthusiasm and thought there maybe is a thing I overlooked.

But now I think, it's prolly because they deal with money around several 500 million and dont concern with the small amounts no more haha :D.
Ah, das ist sehr gut!

Ah, makes sense. I used to play World of Warcraft and found it wasn't good because I'd spend all my time at the markets trying to make money and chatting.

Viel Glueck! :)

Tschuess!

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you want to make the big money, you'll have to buy ISK money with real world money and buy really expensive ships/rigs etc where they are cheapest and sell them at a higher price.
Even if the most expensive ships just vary with a few percent in price, you'll still be making hundreds of millions in no-time.

But, that's a constantly fluctuating quagmire of a market...
Your idea provides steady, even if low, income at no cost for you in real life.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ya :D. I sometimes wander off and fly in a hauler loaded with ammunition I bought in one place to the other to sell it for more.

I picture then someone with a burning cigar in his mouth sitting in the cockpit hauling 30.000 m³ of explosive ammunition :D.

The thing is prices dont really fluctuate enough in safe space. You can earn money that way that's for sure but its pretty boring. What would be an idea is to acquire the skills for a cloaked hauler. With that if you managed to operate it well you can get the best prices in insecure space or even pirate space.

But again this requires lots of playtime you need to substract from your real life :/.

Another idea is to place buy orders in several regions. You can for example place buy orders for things that are hard to transport (cause they take up massive amounts of cargohold) in lowly populated space and that way buy items for cheap prices.

You could specialize on a jump freighter for that.

I for myself want to go down the mining and production path. That's the one takin the least time of your real life time :D. There is just always the chance that your invention jobs keep on failing and that can cost you. But then again in the long run you can get the datacores for the jobs by research agents and can reduce the costs for the job by significant amounts.

All pretty cool, that's for sure :D.

Sonner or later I will go into piracy, I know it :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
First reports from the Front do tell 6 out of 10 runs were successful and hell's machinery built 6 ships resulting after a spike in prices in 72 million net profit !!!

Time for some really bad evil techno :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiMAGHTF4n0"]:devil:[/YOUTUBE]