• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] 50 Famous ENTPs

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
You're right, I don't understand nonsense.

Just because you see a contradiction, doesn't mean it exists.
#1 is true.
#2 is true.

Pop Quiz: How can a homosexual man prefer a heterosexual woman but still be homosexual?
I assure you, there is no contradiction there either.

What one prefers, is not necessarily who they ARE.
Preferences can easily be taught, if not downright pounded into people's head.

An intuitive can choose S as their preference.
A sensor can choose N as their preference.

They can "prefer" whatever they damn well please.
But it doesn't mean it's who they are.

This is why putting so much effort into typing other people is absurd.
I agree with Katsuni 100%.
Only the person can type themselves.

What a person is becomes how they behave. Behavior is a product of type and preference. Behavior can be observed.

One may argue that type itself is BS.........but if one accepts the validity of type, one accepts that it's result can be observed.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
MBTI is based on what you prefer though isn't it? I think the distinction, is that you may prefer sensing at one point, but you only prefer it because of peer pressure... so really, you don't exactly prefer sensing, you've always naturally prefered intuition.

Like anything else, some outlying data point doesn't refute general behavior. If a person acts one way only in a specific situation, but acts an entirely different way 99.9999% of the time, one can conclude that person generally has a preference for a certain behavior.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
What a donk play. You've just pointed out that type is not determined by preference, which falls exactly in line with my point that "type is determined by preference" and "we can prefer a process not associated with our type" cannot simultaneously be true. :doh:

Listen n00b, this is an obvious definitional problem. If you're going to define type as whatever the person's true ability is, you can't then turn around and also say that type is determined by preference. Duh.

If you don't agree with the idea that type = preference, then fine, but surely even you don't have such tunnel vision that you can't see the obvious conflict here.

You've insisted repeatedly that "TYPE IS A QUESTION OF PREFERENCE NOT ABILITY!!!" in any number of threads, and now here you are directly contradicting that.

I happen to agree that type is more dependent upon your strongest natural abilities than upon which abilities you prefer to use, but the quoted post obviously contradicted itself by simultaneously claiming that:

1) Type is determined by preference, and
2) One can prefer an off-type function.

Only one of these can be true--evidently you've chosen #2 (which I agree with), but you've also missed the point, which is simply that both cannot simultaneously be true.

I think they have this class called "Critical Thinking" for this kind of shit, buddy.

Just tell him he's a unique and special snowflake, existing beyond type, and avoid the argument. ;)

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
didnt ben franklin write a whole essay about how not to waste time and how to make every minute of your day count? and he went to bed early?? Hmmmm.....

Amazon.com: Doing Nothing: A History of Loafers, Loungers, Slackers, and Bums in America (9780865477377): Tom Lutz: Books

This book (which I highly highly recommend) describes Franklin as a secret slacker... although he said, "Early to bed, early to rise," he didn't actually practice it himself. He even wrote that it's more important to appear busy than to be busy

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Lets add Sean Parker to that list, eh?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Non-Fictional

Mao Zedong (Anyone who disagree with me can debate here)
Julius Caesar (Roman Conqueror and leader)
Pompey The Great (Roman leader and general, rival of Caesar)
Cao Cao (Chinese general and warlord)
Oda Nobunaga (Japanese warlord)
Sun Yat-Sen (Chinese political leader and revolutionary)
Alexander the Great
Larry Ellison (Computer Entrepreneur and software billionare)
Jeff Bezos (Internet Entrepreneur and founder of Amazon)
Winston Churchill (British leader and prime minister)
Leonardo Da Vinci
Christopher Columbus
Lewis Carroll
Larry Page (?)(founder of Google)
Segrey Brin(?)(founder of google)
Benjamin Franklin
Voltaire
Walt Disney
Ray Kurzweil (futurist and inventor)
Richard Feynman
Tom hanks
Robert Oppenheimer (inventor of the nuclear bomb)
Thomas Edison
Nikola Tesla
Weird AL Yankovic
Camile Paglia (feminist and writer)
Seth macFarlane (Creator of Family Guy)
Marilyn Von Savant (the person with the highest IQ)
Archimedes
Ole Kirk Christiansen (Inventor of Lego)
Socrates
Stephen chow (Hong Kong Director and screenplayer)
Osama Bin Laden(?)(Inventor of Terrorism)
Ted turner (founder of CNN)
Bill Gross(Internet Entrepreneur)
Craig Ferguson
Douglas Adams
Mark Twain (American author and humorist)
Meg Whitman (CEO of ebay and candidate of Governor of California)
Valerie Harper (actress)
Theodore Rossevelt (American President)
Julia Child
Jack Ma (Founder of Alibaba.com)

Fictional
Char_Aznable (gundam)
Q
Merovingian (The Matrix)
Cheshire_Cat
Tassadar (Starcraft)
Piedmon(Digimon)
Ba'al (Goa'uld System Lord, Stargate)
Stewie Griffin (Family Guy)
Hank Scorpio (Simpsons)

Oppenheimer is very different from Feynman.
O. was the head of the team that built the bomb. He did not invent it. It would have been built wihout him.

Kuthtuk

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w3
Tony Stark! I think he is ENTP hands down!

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Oppenheimer is very different from Feynman.
O. was the head of the team that built the bomb. He did not invent it. It would have been built wihout him.

In a slightly related subject, I'm reading Oppenheimer's biography right now. There is no way, in this or any parallel universe, that this man is an E

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya Oppenheimer stroke me as an intj aswell. Ouh god that was naughty :D

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Tycho Brahe :laugh:

Tycho was said to own one percent of the entire wealth of Denmark at one point in the 1580s and he often held large social gatherings in his castle. He kept a dwarf named Jepp (whom Tycho believed to be clairvoyant) as a court jester who sat under the table during dinner. Pierre Gassendi wrote that Tycho also had a tame elk (or moose) and that his mentor, Landgrave Wilhelm of Hesse-Kassel, asked whether there was an animal faster than a deer. Tycho replied, writing that there was none, but he could send his tame elk. When Wilhelm replied he would accept one in exchange for a horse, Tycho replied with the sad news that the elk had just died on a visit to entertain a nobleman at Landskrona. Apparently during dinner the elk had drunk a lot of beer, fallen down the stairs, and died.

JustAMind

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
?
I'd describe Henry VIII as more of a sensor personally, having read about his hobbies and motivations- that man knew how to LIVE! :D

he showed a lot more Se than Ne, to me anyways :)

I watched a show about historical Henry the 8th and seems to me he was quite an intellectual, I mean he wrote a book repudiating Martin Luther.
Was eager to debate theology, spoke several languages. He got bored fast but kep variety of hobbies, seemed to be quite loyal friend for the most part of his life. He does no strike me as a big S guy.
Maybe more like Captain Kirk with a looser moral compass.

I think I'd lean to ENTP on Henry the 8th. But maybe somebody who knows his history better can have a deciding voice:)