• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] 50 Famous ENTPs

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Dude, I really don't feel like repeating what I say, but I am going to do it at least for this time:

Caesar was known for his extreme risking and pushing things to the limit, even if it means destroying himself. There are many examples that his career would be in ruin, but luck saved him everytime.

(1) He pissed off Sulla when he was a child for disobeying the dictator's orders to marry his daughter, and he almost got killed for it. He was saved by the intervention of his relatives.

(2)He accumulated massive amount of debt to buy popularity and political office. Even so, he continue to borrow money and lavishly spend them on public games to win people's favor. At one point, his debtors threaten to kill him and went to house at night, and he had to flee for his life.

(3) he bet everything on his campaign in Gaul. It was as massive gamble and the only hope of paying the massive debt he accumulated. If the campaign in Gaul turn out to be a disaster, his career would be in utter ruin and he would sink even deeper into debt.

(4)He decided to cross the rubicon. it was a all or nothing move. If he loses to Pompey he would be killed and everything he has fought and gain for in his life would amount to nothing. It is like investing 100% of your money into a stock that you are not certain will rise or plummet to the ground. It was like risking everything in one bet.

(5)He always spared his defeated enemies rather than killed them.If it was Te, he would have executed all his enemies and strike fear into anyone who pissed him off like Sulla. But instead he choose to be generous and turn enemies into allies. This is an example of Fe.

TJs are known to make every decision within a calculated framework or a plan, not take all or nothing risks that could ruin everything. And they have contingency plans for everything. caesar was a huge risktaker. His life is about all about throwing dices and maximizing his chance of winning, as he said in the quote "the die is cast". he counted on luck and randomness to win as much as planning and strategic thinking.

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
Caesar was known for his extreme risking and pushing things to the limit, even if it means destroying himself. There are many examples that his career would be in ruin, but luck saved him everytime.
(2)He accumulated massive amount of debt to buy popularity and political office. Even so, he continue to borrow money and lavishly spend them on public games to win people's favor. At one point, his debtors threaten to kill him and went to house at night, and he had to flee for his life.
(4)He decided to cross the rubicon. it was a all or nothing move. If he loses to Pompey he would be killed and everything he has fought and gain for in his life would amount to nothing. It is like investing 100% of your money into a stock that you are not certain will rise or plummet to the ground. It was like risking everything in one bet.

(5)He always spared his defeated enemies rather than killed them.If it was Te, he would have executed all his enemies and strike fear into anyone who pissed him off like Sulla. But instead he choose to be generous and turn enemies into allies. This is an example of Fe.

TJs are known to make every decision within a calculated framework or a plan, not take all or nothing risks that could ruin everything. And they have contingency plans for everything. caesar was a huge risktaker. His life is about all about throwing dices and maximizing his chance of winning, as he said in the quote "the die is cast". he counted on luck and randomness to win as much as planning and strategic thinking.

Caesar was from a rather famous but poor family. According to Goldsworthy's book on Caesar it was necessary, or at least common, in Rome to spend a lot of money on public games in order to get in people's favor and therefore get elected to high offices. Because he wasn't from a wealthy family, he had to borrow money. Also, You could not generally get elected twice to certain high offices (before Caesar's time), so you had to take your chances quickly during your term of a few years if you wanted to get ahead. For Caesar, this meant using a lot of borrowed money and waging war actively to get recognition.

I also got the impression from the books I read, that he was quite aware that there was not a lot of men defending Rome at the time of crossing Rubicon.

Taking those things into account, I don't know how much differently ENTJ would have behaved. Surely there are several things that point to ENTP.

sculpting

I would like to claim douglas adams as an enfp. We get osama bin ladin too.

ENFPs specialize in making connections that are utterly incorrect, broken, irrational and thus hysterically funny. We do it on purpose and make intps giggle.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
jon stewart i know some people think he is an F

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
And Tesla is INTJ.

...the fuck?

I hate to break it to you but people of different types can hate each other.

Tesla looked up to edison for a good portion of his life, then Edison royaly screwed him over and they became rivals.

But tesla, THE mad sceintist, who melted a mans hand, nearly leveled a city block, and thought martians were trying to send him messages is INTJ?

Please elaborate.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Cloud,

Are you aware you're behaving like the INTPs and their ridiculous list of so-called "famous INTPs"?
You like ego-trips? You like to be flattered, to feel important, or to relate with "famous" people?

Vanity of vanities...

This list is ridiculous.

The reasons behind it are ridiculous.

I was expecting a more more subtle behavior from my fellow ENTPs.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I lean toward INTP for Oppenheimer.

And Tesla is INTJ. Edison and Tesla can't be the same type. No way in Hell.

seconded. He and edison simply cannot be the same type. Watch the biography of Tesla (edison plays a role!) and he just screams INTJ (his personal habits, the style of his insights/knowledge, his socializing style, his rampant paranoia (rather ayn randish paranoia...what is it with you INTJs? :laugh:).

Lastly:
These threads about one type always turn to shit because it involves all the people from that type running around trying to claim everyone they can (just go read the INFP thread if you want a REALLY good example of this "collect everyone!" behavior...

threads about a celebrity or a TV show work because there are different types providing input, most people have the same information to work with (the body of work for the show/celebrity), and everyone accepts that not every character they like on a show can be "your type".

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Lastly:
These threads about one type always turn to shit because it involves all the people from that type running around trying to claim everyone they can (just go read the INFP thread if you want a REALLY good example of this "collect everyone!" behavior...

The voice of reason. :rolli:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The voice of reason. :rolli:

you disagree? You are completely unaware of this behavior occurring in just about every "single type" thread?

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
you disagree? You are completely unaware of this behavior occurring in just about every "single type" thread?

No, I agree with you.

I just naively hoped this disease wouldn't spread to our blessed ENTP lands, since we are supposed to never take ourselves seriously.

Unfortunately... it would seem that eventually we're just as stupid as other types... :cry:

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
How do you debate a type? I can't do this.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Cloud,

Are you aware you're behaving like the INTPs and their ridiculous list of so-called "famous INTPs"?
You like ego-trips? You like to be flattered, to feel important, or to relate with "famous" people?

Vanity of vanities...

This list is ridiculous.

The reasons behind it are ridiculous.

I was expecting a more more subtle behavior from my fellow ENTPs.

No, I am doing it because I don't want Speed Gavroche to do it. If he does one, he'll likely put all the trash people that I disagree with.

I rather be the one to take the first step then let someone else do a lousy job.
But if you don't want me to post the so-called famous people, maybe we can put some mediocre people and stupid people in there that no one else would want to talk about.

Anyway, forget what I said and continue on with the discussion.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Tesla was cool but a total jerk, disney was a REAL jerk, just not publicly, osama bin laden by no means invented terrorism... weird al's awesome but I doubt he's entp.

Yeu know... these lists always have problems, because it assumes that yeu KNOW these people personally... and yeu don't.

It always comes down to "well I think this type behaves like this". Yeah, well I'm not the flawless 100% picture perfect stereotypical ENTP either, since I'm not a 6 or 7 type. There's always minor differences, and personal traits which won't fit in "just right". Noone is "the flawless INFJ" or whotever other type yeu want to throw around. Yeu can't really "type" people; they have to type themselves, because type isn't whot yeu think they are, but rather whot their personal preferences are.

Someone may PREFER and greatly value the abilities of sensors... but may be intuitive themselves. But they go to great lengths to BE a sensor, because they 'are' a sensor. Their brain may not work that way, but it's a measure of values, rather than a measure of how yeu actually think.

And therein lies the problem... yeu can't type someone else for them, nor can yeu try to 'type' a dead person because they aren't around anymore, and any information yeu have on them means precisely NOTHING, because they may not have acted the way they truly felt they should, due to peer pressure from accepted social norms and so on.

I figure most ENTP's were probably burned as witches for their ideas, or heretics and so on. So, really, those that may've been innately ENTP but adapted to a different set of values in order to survive, really "weren't" entp's at all but whotever they latched onto.

Yeur values yeu possess do not always line up identically with the values yeu covet.

MBTI only measures whot yeu covet, not whot yeu are. Therein, these lists are silly.

Jaguar

Tesla was cool but a total jerk, disney was a REAL jerk, just not publicly, osama bin laden by no means invented terrorism... weird al's awesome but I doubt he's entp.

Yeu know... these lists always have problems, because it assumes that yeu KNOW these people personally... and yeu don't.

It always comes down to "well I think this type behaves like this". Yeah, well I'm not the flawless 100% picture perfect stereotypical ENTP either, since I'm not a 6 or 7 type. There's always minor differences, and personal traits which won't fit in "just right". Noone is "the flawless INFJ" or whotever other type yeu want to throw around. Yeu can't really "type" people; they have to type themselves, because type isn't whot yeu think they are, but rather whot their personal preferences are.

Someone may PREFER and greatly value the abilities of sensors... but may be intuitive themselves. But they go to great lengths to BE a sensor, because they 'are' a sensor. Their brain may not work that way, but it's a measure of values, rather than a measure of how yeu actually think.

And therein lies the problem... yeu can't type someone else for them, nor can yeu try to 'type' a dead person because they aren't around anymore, and any information yeu have on them means precisely NOTHING, because they may not have acted the way they truly felt they should, due to peer pressure from accepted social norms and so on.

I figure most ENTP's were probably burned as witches for their ideas, or heretics and so on. So, really, those that may've been innately ENTP but adapted to a different set of values in order to survive, really "weren't" entp's at all but whotever they latched onto.

Yeur values yeu possess do not always line up identically with the values yeu covet.

MBTI only measures whot yeu covet, not whot yeu are. Therein, these lists are silly.

Your spelling is a distraction, but your content is accurate.
It's unfortunate it will fall upon mostly deaf ears.

Out of curiosity, what is with YEU, YEUR and WHOT?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You seem to have contradicted yourself here. If type is a measure of values and preferences, how can it be that someone could prefer the abilities of Sensors but actually be an iNtuitive?