User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: 50 Famous ENTPs

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You're right, I don't understand nonsense.

Just because you see a contradiction, doesn't mean it exists.
    #1 is true.
    #2 is true.

Pop Quiz: How can a homosexual man prefer a heterosexual woman but still be homosexual?
    I assure you, there is no contradiction there either.

What one prefers, is not necessarily who they ARE.
    Preferences can easily be taught, if not downright pounded into people's head.

An intuitive can choose S as their preference.
    A sensor can choose N as their preference.

They can "prefer" whatever they damn well please.
    But it doesn't mean it's who they are.

This is why putting so much effort into typing other people is absurd.
    I agree with Katsuni 100%.
    Only the person can type themselves.
    What a person is becomes how they behave. Behavior is a product of type and preference. Behavior can be observed.

One may argue that type itself is BS.........but if one accepts the validity of type, one accepts that it's result can be observed.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    MBTI is based on what you prefer though isn't it? I think the distinction, is that you may prefer sensing at one point, but you only prefer it because of peer pressure... so really, you don't exactly prefer sensing, you've always naturally prefered intuition.
    Like anything else, some outlying data point doesn't refute general behavior. If a person acts one way only in a specific situation, but acts an entirely different way 99.9999% of the time, one can conclude that person generally has a preference for a certain behavior.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    What a donk play. You've just pointed out that type is not determined by preference, which falls exactly in line with my point that "type is determined by preference" and "we can prefer a process not associated with our type" cannot simultaneously be true.

Listen n00b, this is an obvious definitional problem. If you're going to define type as whatever the person's true ability is, you can't then turn around and also say that type is determined by preference. Duh.

If you don't agree with the idea that type = preference, then fine, but surely even you don't have such tunnel vision that you can't see the obvious conflict here.

You've insisted repeatedly that "TYPE IS A QUESTION OF PREFERENCE NOT ABILITY!!!" in any number of threads, and now here you are directly contradicting that.

I happen to agree that type is more dependent upon your strongest natural abilities than upon which abilities you prefer to use, but the quoted post obviously contradicted itself by simultaneously claiming that:

1) Type is determined by preference, and
    2) One can prefer an off-type function.

Only one of these can be true--evidently you've chosen #2 (which I agree with), but you've also missed the point, which is simply that both cannot simultaneously be true.

I think they have this class called "Critical Thinking" for this kind of shit, buddy.

Just tell him he's a unique and special snowflake, existing beyond type, and avoid the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmac_46 View Post

One may argue that type itself is BS.........but if one accepts the validity of type, one accepts that it's result can be observed.

Wrong.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    — Mark Twain

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Wrong.
    You are a unique and special snow flake. I'd argue with you, but it would be like whipping a masochist.

<Insert witty followup retort>

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmac_46 View Post
    You are a unique and special snow flake.
    You are a unique box.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    — Mark Twain

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

^^ Insert obligatory "I am what I eat" response

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    ^^ Insert obligatory "I am what I eat" response

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    didnt ben franklin write a whole essay about how not to waste time and how to make every minute of your day count? and he went to bed early?? Hmmmm.....
    Amazon.com: Doing Nothing: A History of Loafers, Loungers, Slackers, and Bums in America (9780865477377): Tom Lutz: Books

This book (which I highly highly recommend) describes Franklin as a secret slacker... although he said, "Early to bed, early to rise," he didn't actually practice it himself. He even wrote that it's more important to appear busy than to be busy

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    nah, INTP, he was an e5 for one, The books have even typed him so. And he's a computer nerd lol.
    eh... bill sounds a lot like an ENTJ i'm too lazy to explain the reasoning though