• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs - What is your goal/motivation in life?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Are you sure your not from Wonderland? Your avatar is dressed up as the white rabbit.

No, INTJs just happen to like white, fluffy things.

You should know that better than anyone, Mr. Blofeld.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6

Touche. I guess the USSR doesn't count as wonderland than.

sculpting

Can I hug your bunny?

What if I am also dressed as a white fluffy bunny? Can I then hug your bunny?

Do INTJs like mold?

Liason

I'm more offensive in person!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Career success. It's essential to everything I do.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I think that frequently, probably more often than other types, we have no idea what we really want. Even so, the larger problem is that we think we do.

I agree, might also want to check with shadow ESFP. But why do you think we'd be more oblivious than other types?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree, might also want to check with shadow ESFP. But why do you think we'd be more oblivious than other types?

I think we tend to drift towards superficial goals (ex. money, power, fame, etc.) as opposed to happiness, love, etc. without understanding the underlying reasons. I think we're always so "sure" of ourselves that it doesn't generally occur to us to question our foundation on matters like this. We fail at interpreting our F. We can't understand things that can't be broken down logically and outlined in steps. We can't understand things that we can't control.

INTJs generally are always about improvement which is undoubtedly representative of some kind of insecurity or missing piece. If we really knew which direction to go, we wouldn't have this problem.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I think we tend to drift towards superficial goals (ex. money, power, fame, etc.) as opposed to happiness, love, etc. without understanding the underlying reasons. I think we're always so "sure" of ourselves that it doesn't generally occur to us to question our foundation on matters like this. We fail at interpreting our F. We can't understand things that can't be broken down logically and outlined in steps. We can't understand things that we can't control.

INTJs generally are always about improvement which is undoubtedly representative of some kind of insecurity or missing piece. If we really knew which direction to go, we wouldn't have this problem.

Yes, INTJs really need to introspect and face the chaos within. And it really *is* chaos. Holding on to the thin veneer of certainty...will leave you with the lingering feeling that thousands of little demon hands are trying to push through the plastic wrapped around your inner self.

And then you have to make sure you don't get absolutely lost in the inner labyrinth and become a giant demon hand.

No surprise my favourite book is Heart of Darkness, really.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5

Maybe, but I think we just have a strong distaste for becoming stagnant.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs generally are always about improvement which is undoubtedly representative of some kind of insecurity or missing piece.

The absence of a past to be satisfied with? Even if there is money in the bank, official achievement and fame. Even if there is love. We're missing direct ways to value things that have gone before. There's passing satisfaction in them, but it doesn't last?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
The absence of a past to be satisfied with? Even if there is money in the bank, official achievement and fame. Even if there is love. We're missing direct ways to value things that have gone before. There's passing satisfaction in them, but it doesn't last?

This is by far the biggest reason why I am almost never content. I am unable to appreciate past achievements.

But then again - that is one of my biggest motivators too.

Contemptus

MBTI Type
INtJ
Enneagram
sitting back and watching the logical degeneration of society, yet keeping aloof from human stupidity... things are turning out as expected

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp