• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] TypeC INTPs versus INTPc INTPs

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You bring up a good point: I do love the tags. Often though, the tags were more fun than the threads.

lol... i have a lot of fun making up tags for threads there. :)

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
I find it baffling how there's a pecking order in INTPc - isn't this a notion we're supposed to reject?
INTPc shows that nature abhors a vacuum in a social group. There you can see INTPs filling the roles of Extroverts, Sensors, Feelers, and Judgers to varying degrees. I find it fascinating as hell. I think any group will develop a pecking order. I also think well-adjusted INTPs admit to themselves that they are capable of such unsavory things -- they don't scorn those other functions, but come to terms with them and eventually get some good out of them.

But a lot of INTPs on INTPc disagree with me on that.

(Full disclosure: I am an admin on INTPc.)

P.S. You prankster taggers make me laugh. Sometimes you make me cringe too, but you make me laugh at the same time.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I detect one here as well. ;)

Is it any wonder that people treated so unkindly by plenty of INTPs at that site stay here and talk shit about INTPs there, in dumb broad strokes?
Of course they'll describe them as all manner of uncool and evil. Think about the origin of this site. It's human nature. Rejection stings.

Well to be fair, on occasion I talk shit about here over there too.:blush:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTPc shows that nature abhors a vacuum in a social group. There you can see INTPs filling the roles of Extroverts, Sensors, Feelers, and Judgers to varying degrees. I find it fascinating as hell. I think any group will develop a pecking order. I also think well-adjusted INTPs admit to themselves that they are capable of such unsavory things -- they don't scorn those other functions, but come to terms with them and eventually get some good out of them.

But a lot of INTPs on INTPc disagree with me on that.

(Full disclosure: I am an admin on INTPc.)

P.S. You prankster taggers make me laugh. Sometimes you make me cringe too, but you make me laugh at the same time.

I agree muchly. I see this at all single type forums, for any type system. I've seen ENFP groups, type 4 groups, what-have-you. With only one type around, the contrast of the differences between the individual people of that type flare. It helps demonstrate how relative the personality type concept is.

The other thing that always happens with one type groups (INTPc included) is paranoid solidarity and defensive use of identity. That is, the thinking goes "all other types suck, if I like you, you are my type, if I dislike you, you cannot be my type." Much conflict flows from this reasoning.

Not that everyone in these communities thinks like this, but enough of them do, and the ones that do are acrimonious enough, that it's quite conspicuous.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
INTPc shows that nature abhors a vacuum in a social group. There you can see INTPs filling the roles of Extroverts, Sensors, Feelers, and Judgers to varying degrees.

This is a very good observation, I hadn't thought of quite putting it in that way.

I also think well-adjusted INTPs admit to themselves that they are capable of such unsavory things -- they don't scorn those other functions, but come to terms with them and eventually get some good out of them.

Yes it is the more Fe-developed (and Si-devloped though they are less keen to acknowledge this), i.e. older, setlled, INTP's who are the "in-crowd" at INTPc. I don't find that bad especially, but it just means that the "in-crowd" are basically middle-aged middle class folk in the US. The level of in-jokes, again, aren't a terrible thing, but I just can't relate to the world they reference.

The other side of the coin is that the younger folk tend to be pseudo-intellectual in the extreme and not very good at referencing themselves externally, in fact they often reject this as "sensorish" and will call you such :laugh:, and have an extremely elitist contempt for the masses. But there are not many with a real interest in anthropology/sociology and a desire to be a real intelelctual, i..e. critiquing the world around you, but as a constructive, engaged member of it.

So we have a forum of settled, content middle classes on the one hand, and the angry but hermitic children of the middle classes on the other, and I think these are two sides to the same coin. There is a saying in politics that says "scratch a sectarian and you find an opportunist"...I don't know how understandable this is to others here, but I think it applies.

This is a shame as INTP's have the personality type conductive to being an intellectual, but so few use it. But at TypoC I have found many more people with a neither misanthropic, nor completely adapted, approach to the world, but rather one of engaged, constructive criticism. I like that.:)

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
If this forum ever removes my right to be a pseudo-intellectual, I'm going to have to file a complaint.

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
So we have a forum of settled, content middle classes on the one hand, and the angry but hermitic children of the middle classes on the other, and I think these are two sides to the same coin. There is a saying in politics that says "scratch a sectarian and you find an opportunist"...I don't know how understandable this is to others here, but I think it applies.
The second group grow up and become the first group. That was my story.

If this forum ever removes my right to be a pseudo-intellectual, I'm going to have to file a complaint.
Hell yeah. Pseudo-intellectualism is fun!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tags would not go over here very well at all.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*Heads to the NF forum*
Err...can mods see who writes what tag?

:popc1:

I don't post a ton there at the moment, since not as much resonates with me + I'm pooped a lot... but...

... yeah, I enjoy reading and observing.

It's like my own little Rat Park for INTPs!

:)

For the record, I try to be witty on occasion... rather than just banal.

Yup, the narratives are cycles.

Funny how few of us realize that up front.

ObliviousExistence

MBTI Type
loco
Enneagram
5W4
INTPc is a joke. Just a bunch of looser nerds and geeks who want to feel privy. That said, its my favorite site to troll, and since the Intps there are so predictable, my attempts have always been successful. Its funny how some of them are so ignorant of themselves, they make good trolling material.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
If not for tags at INTPc, I'd probably cut my time down there by 50%.

Its like the cultural revolution, everyone trying to be more INTP than the next; especially with repeated threads scrutinizing how many patrons really are INTP.

I see INTPc-ers and reveling and seeking out their extreme traits and TYPO-ers and being satisfied with a brand mark while still remaining part of the Genpop(General Population).

I can't take either for too long.

I think I might troll at some point. They do have quite the knee jerk to ExFx.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTPc is a joke. Just a bunch of looser nerds and geeks who want to feel privy. That said, its my favorite site to troll, and since the Intps there are so predictable, my attempts have always been successful. Its funny how some of them are so ignorant of themselves, they make good trolling material.

I think I might troll at some point. They do have quite the knee jerk to ExFx.

yes, that's it, my pretties! *cackle* Go troll Woolf's site, not this one! mau ha ha! Now fly! fly!

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I like INTPc just fine, never had a problem there. I like it because I never have to mince words and the atmosphere is a little more "real", but also a little more "elitist" for no reason. But then again, I don't post there much since I get tired of the same perspective all the time and I got into personality theory to understand types that were very different from myself.

A lot of the younger people who call themselves INTPs make me want to put them on time out or find them a girlfriend or a hobby or something. I pity them.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram

Yes that was my point. I'm not being rude, but wasn't it very clear that this was my point? :confused: This is a genuine question as at INTPc too, I felt sometimes I was talking a different language.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's nice to see how many people apparently observe the same distinctions between that forum and this one. It adds some inductive weight to my own assessment.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
TypC INTPs have a greater tolerance for fluff.
That's all I can think of.

I hang around there more often because it moves at a slower pace and it has less fluff to wade through. I find I have to expend a lot more social energy just to stay somewhat relevant to the community. If I have a lot of spare time I end posting more here, but if I have more spare time I should be spending it on something more productive than an online forum.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I'm getting this crazy idea: What if someone remade the entire Matrix trilogy... but with Jewish people and Jewish mythos? Hmmm.....

(We'll go to the Amish next, if the Hasidim turn us away...)

Maybe I missed the joke, but wouldn't that be called... The Matrix?

;)

(yes, I realized you were referring to the Gospels, but we were talking about Jewish mythos, not Greco-Persian mythos)

INTPc sounds like a place in dire need of some epic trolling.