• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What's your favourite fictional character of ALL-TIME?

Nicodemus

Oh, absolutely. Especially after the final book, when you look back on the rest of it!
I always found that he is unnecessarily cruel toward Harry. All his hurt feelings do not justify this irrational transfer of hate from the father to the son.

I dislike Wuthering Heights' Heathcliff for similar reasons.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the first thing that comes to mind is john marsten, lol

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Black from "The Black Stallion"

user1944_1157691303.jpg

He was brave, intelligent and full of fight. When he jumps from the deck of the burning ship, it never fails to send a thrill through me. Also, his relationship with the little boy is so symbiotic.

I guess I relate very strongly to the Black on many levels.

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I thought Heathcliff was kind of endearing... in a strange way :blush:

My fictional favorites are: Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice [book], The Knight (The Knight's Tale, Chaucer), and Alice and the Red King(Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking-Glass [book])

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For right now I really like Olivia Dunham from "Fringe", and find I identify with her at least in the first couple of seasons (haven't gotten to season 4 yet). Although Walter might actually be my favorite character from that show.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always found that he is unnecessarily cruel toward Harry. All his hurt feelings do not justify this irrational transfer of hate from the father to the son.

I share your dislike of Heathcliff. Does he have ANY redeeming qualities??

Snape, though... I suppose I like him precisely because of how flawed he was. How he had this strong sense of loyalty and love and self-sacrifice, which conflicted with other areas of his moral code, forcing him to attempt to reconcile them. I'm not sure if I can think of a single literary character, besides him, who went through such extreme internal (and external) conflict and sacrifice, over love.

Regardless of whether or not he's likeable, I find him fascinating and, by book 7, deeply moving.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I share your dislike of Heathcliff. Does he have ANY redeeming qualities??

Snape, though... I suppose I like him precisely because of how flawed he was. How he had this strong sense of loyalty and love and self-sacrifice, which conflicted with other areas of his moral code, forcing him to attempt to reconcile them. I'm not sure if I can think of a single literary character, besides him, who went through such extreme internal (and external) conflict and sacrifice, over love.

Regardless of whether or not he's likeable, I find him fascinating and, by book 7, deeply moving.

See, I could "get" heathcliff but Cathy? No.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mother Nature!!! :flowerz:

G

Ginkgo

The image that always comes to mind is:

1274283707-robin_hood_men_in_tights2.jpg

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if he is my favorite, but I recall liking Miles Vorkosigan.

Also, Vin from the Mistborn books is good.

F

FigerPuppet

It's impossible for me to select a favourite, but the guy from my avatar - Tom Kane - is one of those in the top: Video

The British show The Thick Of It is also full of brilliant characters, most notably the two terrorizing Scottish spin doctors Malcolm Tucker and Jamie McDonald:
2agkirm.jpg

Peter-Capaldi-as-Malcolm--001.jpg

FUNKY TOWN HERE WE COME.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I dunno about favourite, but it's hard to go past Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof for pure likeability.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Lan al'Mandragoran from the Wheel of Time series

second is probably Uhtred of Bebbanburg from the Saxon Tales

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Dr. Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park. Cough *Chaos Theory* Cough ;)

Derpravity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hesitate to nominate an anime character, but I think it has to be General Olivier Mira Armstrong from FMA: Brotherhood. Which also happens to be one of my all-time top animes ever, originally written by Hiromu Arakawa, who I consider to be a master of storytelling, and I hesitate to compare other authors to her. :blush: General Armstrong represents just so many of the most appealing qualities to me.

Of course I've got craptons of all-time favourite characters, but I think I'll stick with her, since she stands out the most immediately in my mind.