• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What's your favourite fictional character of ALL-TIME?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
:D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtU7ERJ3cTw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtU7ERJ3cTw[/YOUTUBE]

proximo

I've never thought of any one character as my ultimate favourite... they're all so different to each other that you can't really put them side by side and compare them and say "I like this one better". Edmond Dantès, Quintinius Verginix, D'Artagnan, Edward Fairfax Rochester, Thursday Next, Folly (in Moriae Encomium) and more besides... can't possibly pick one. I could try to say "the one I relate to most", but to say that was my favourite would (falsely) imply I liked them more than the others on that account.

So... bear that in mind when I say: D'Artagnan :duel:

And the actor I believe portrayed him the best (or in line with how I imagine him from reading the books) in any of the movie/TV adaptations of Dumas' work, is Vincent Elbaz (2nd from left)

SOTURIT_23235b.jpg

ElizaJane

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Tess Durbeyfield from Hardy's Tess of the d'Urbervilles

BÃ¥rris

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Hmm. If I'd have to pick only one, I would say Artemis Fowl

algeerot

MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
5w6
Eve from Gensis because she manipulates then blames someone else.

Nicodemus

Probably one of these: Henry Wotton, Rodion Raskolnikov, Hannibal Lecter, Michael Corleone.

Lucas

MBTI Type
INTP
Can't have just one.

Malcom Reynolds
The Doctor
Captain Jack Harkness
Mat Cauthon

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
John Gardner's Grendel. He's like evil, existentialist me with superpowers, which is like me at 18 but with superpowers.

And, of course, Cornelius Suttree.

Ooh, and Prince Ashitaka.

Lucky_Rabbit

MBTI Type
iNTp
Enneagram
IDK
Mega-man... He was the shit... shy like me but brave and curious, wasnt really a human but looked like one and acted just like one (like me)... the ability to adapt to another weapon (person style) and defeat them with their own logic... plus he had a dog and a girl who liked him but he never picked up on on it... besides his creator being male and mine being female he was me in animeform

Dyoni

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Way too many to choose from, but if I had to pick two, it would be Hiro Protagonist (Snow Crash -- Neal Stephenson)

THIS. For me, it would probably be a tie between Y.T. from Snow Crash or Nell from The Diamond Age. I think this part of the Diamond Age was one of the most inspirational things I've ever read.

"They wanted to carry her, but she jumped to the stones of the plaza and strode away from the building, toward her ranks, which parted to make way for her. The streets of Pudong were filled with hungry and terrified refugees, and through them, in simple peasant clothes streaked with the blood of herself and of others, broken shackles dangling from her wrists, followed by her generals and ministers, walked the barbarian Princess with her book and her sword."

Also, Zowie... although that might qualify more as a crush.

firefly01.jpg