• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What's your favourite fictional character of ALL-TIME?

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Charlie in Flowers for Algernon - he epitomises in his loss of innocence, and return to his original level of intelligence, the harm we may do when we identify the life lived by another as lacking in value and seek to change it.

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Yups.

Ooooh I know! This should have been my first thought considering the other thread I'm posting in.
serenity_river.jpg

River kind of annoys me. She's too inconsistent - one time a bad ass quasi-heroine, the other a damsel in distress.

Mal, on the other hand... :wubbie:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The big bad wolf.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Doctor.

300px-10dr19.jpg

Eleven different utterly fucking awesome characters, all wrapped up into one. And 100% within the rules. :smoke:

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The Doctor.

-pic snippety snip-

Eleven different utterly fucking awesome characters, all wrapped up into one. And 100% within the rules. :smoke:

Ooooh, how could I have forgotten about the Doctor?

I favour 3 and 10 slightly above the others, though.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ten and Nine are my favorites, personally -- especially Nine. Ten is epic, but he'd never think of destroying an invading alien family by calling of a missile drop on Ten Downing Street.

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I never connected with Nine. I prefer the more playful versions, more human. Nine was distanced and rough. Something about him really didn't sit well with me.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
River kind of annoys me. She's too inconsistent - one time a bad ass quasi-heroine, the other a damsel in distress.

Mal, on the other hand... :wubbie:

Mal is a little too ... I don't know. Too much integrity or something. In a hot way though.

River's ability to bridge gaps in otherwise inescapable situations is what makes her awesome IMO. The fact that she's a liability the rest of the time is of no consequence.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I loved Ayla from Clan of cave bear book series, at least in the earlier books.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Gandalf the White.

But I'm a gigantic Lord of the Rings nerd.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Severus Snape is my favorite character of all times. I favor him because I admire his superior intelligence, innovation, courage and blunt honesty. I admire him because of the many sacrifices he did in the name of love and for the light's victory, with no regards to other's opinions, no regards to his life,etc. He may be unpleasant but at least he's authentic. He may be only a fictional character but he's my new idol...:blush:
I was wondering if anyone would list Snape. He is probably my favorite character as well, though for somewhat different reasons. I am continually amazed how much this character from "just" a children's fantasy series stands out, even relative to characters in the classic or "great" literature I have read.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was wondering if anyone would list Snape. He is probably my favorite character as well, though for somewhat different reasons. I am continually amazed how much this character from "just" a children's fantasy series stands out, even relative to characters in the classic or "great" literature I have read.
He is one of most complex characters to arise from modern literature. I remember reading he was almost Shakespearean in nature in a review some where. I mean, you have to be dead inside, not to be moved by his motives in the end (or least appreciate them). Just thinking about it makes me want to read the harry potter series again.

I have to add another character. Jon Shannow from one of David Gemmel's book series.

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
He is one of most complex characters to arise from modern literature. I remember reading he was almost Shakespearean in nature in a review some where. I mean, you have to be dead inside, not to be moved by his motives in the end (or least appreciate them). Just thinking about it makes me want to read the harry potter series again.

See, I don't appreciate his motives at all. I would rather have him posses an inner sense of honour and justice, over this semblance of love JKR tried to project for him. Love is a great motivator, but in the end, he never really loved Lily, and was rather selfish in his reasoning. I very much disliked the explanation in the 7th book.

Gandalf the White.

But I'm a gigantic Lord of the Rings nerd.

Just LOTR or everything about Middle earth? Because if we're counting everything, it's a toss up between Beren and Turin for me.

Oh, and I remembered another one of my favourites. Tyrion Lannister of Martin's Song of Ice and Fire.

Last edited:

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Well, I've always wanted to read the rest of Tolkien's Middle Earth lore, but I've not had the chance as of yet. So I've made up for it by reading the trilogy hundreds of times.

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I love Tolkien's world so much, I'm even learning Quenya. Such a geek.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Just LOTR or everything about Middle earth? Because if we're counting everything, it's a toss up between Beren and Turin for me.

The character of Túrin was too much sound and fury and not enough thinking for my tastes. Narn i Chîn Húrin was still excellent, though.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See, I don't appreciate his motives at all. I would rather have him posses an inner sense of honour and justice, over this semblance of love JKR tried to project for him. Love is a great motivator, but in the end, he never really loved Lily, and was rather selfish in his reasoning. I very much disliked the explanation in the 7th book.
I actually have to read the last book again to remind myself. I just remember being very touched.