• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, your favourite NT type and why?

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I like INTJs, cause they're exactly like me but less in-your-face and more fascinating.

Also, they are the funniest people ever.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like INTJs and other ENTPs about equally well.

INTPs are ok. I've been very good friends with some of them, but I constantly feel like helping them come out of their shells more and they rarely seem interested in learning to help themselves. In this way they are frustrating.

ENTJs are most certainly my least favorite NT type. Most of them are way too overbearing and way too sure they know how to tell me how to do everything I do better than I'm doing it, and not very willing to listen to other approaches.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I like INTJs, cause they're exactly like me but less in-your-face and more fascinating.

Also, they are the funniest people ever.
I'd agree.

Other ENTPs have been nothing but cool too.

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
INTPs are ok. I've been very good friends with some of them, but I constantly feel like helping them come out of their shells more and they rarely seem interested in learning to help themselves. In this way they are frustrating.

:dry:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I think mostly what bugs me about INTPs is that I routinely use them as examples from which to learn more about Ti, but they never seem to think they have anything to learn from ENTPs.

It's as if ENTPs value Ti more than INTPs value Ne, which is bizarre. You guys seem content to live in Pure Ti land, which gets boring and repetitive.

Maybe if you'd bother listening to us once in a while, we could help you be less...I dunno, miserable? ;)

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Oh yeah? Well you're fat and ugly and no one likes you! :devil:

BURN IN HELL!
teu92.gif

And when you get there, make sure they have internet, so we can finally play Super Mario Bros.

:)

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I like INTJs and other ENTPs about equally well.

ENTJs are most certainly my least favorite NT type. Most of them are way too overbearing and way too sure they know how to tell me how to do everything I do better than I'm doing it, and not very willing to listen to other approaches.

+1

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Can't stand other INTPs. Bunch of losers.

Guess I'd have to go with ENTJs simply because I don't know that many, and would like to try to figure them out more.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
ENTPs: Of course, they have so many ideas to inspirate my ones, and they are empathic and understanding enough to accept even my strangest thoughts.

INTPs: Some are too introverted for me. I don't see, that I can influence them like others are influencing me - and so the connection grows just in one direction. Also most of them seem to lack on empathy.

INTJs: I don't know much of them, but the ones I know are really inspiring in their doings. The communication is similar to the communication with ENTPs, even though they don't seem to be so flexible like ENTPs. So they accept new arguments a bit slower.

ENTJs: I don't know any ENTJ, I had connection with, and typed. I bellieve, it depends on the communication and listening skills of this type, how the relationship is developping. Maybe they are not so inspiring like the others, but they are giving me the kick in the ass to begin the project, which I talked about.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think mostly what bugs me about INTPs is that I routinely use them as examples from which to learn more about Ti, but they never seem to think they have anything to learn from ENTPs.

It's as if ENTPs value Ti more than INTPs value Ne, which is bizarre. You guys seem content to live in Pure Ti land, which gets boring and repetitive.

Maybe if you'd bother listening to us once in a while, we could help you be less...I dunno, miserable? ;)

This might be true but i think an INTP would be missing out if he didn't think Ne is important and just because INTPs are quiet doesn't mean they are all miserable.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That's funny.

I haven't had that experience... if anything, the ENTPs seem intent on shaking up stuff unnecessarily and not approaching things entirely sensibly. as an I, it's been hard for me to engage ENTPs and not feel sort of intimated and ignored... having to "play the sparring" game to be heard rather than just saying things clearly once and getting cues back from y'all that you actually listened, thought about it, and understood.

Your energy demands can make it difficult for introverts to engage for the length of time needed to get back the right cues.

... guess it just shows ta go ya...
This might be true but i think an INTP would be missing out if he didn't think Ne is important and just because INTPs are quiet doesn't mean they are all miserable.

There is that too.

We can appear more somber/sober, I suppose. Things usually get internalized.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I don't think I've really met any ENTJ's to be honest. Maybe I've just figured out how to avoid dictators really well.

As for my favorite NT type, I'm going to have to say ENTP, but I'm probably biased because my cousin is an ENTP and we were always like two peas in a pod.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
favourite for what, I think to hang out with ENFPs, enjoy the company of E or INTPs like thinking with ENTJ's, I think INTJs would grow on me.... I quiet like INFP/Js when I'm chilling out

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
ENTP's - I'm not good at typing them IRL. There was that video someone posted up here once of an Aussie fella, but he was acting up for the camera. I've never met anyone like that IRL, and if I did, I would just walk away.

Apart from that, I think one of the best friends I have had in years (sadly I moved away after a year) was probaby an ENTP. Our difference was, predictably, that he was more Ne and I was more Ti-Si (surprise surprise), i.e., he would be making connections I wasn't getting, and I would be deconstructing or pointing out empirical flaws. But it worked well, as we shared the same basic "vision", with him expanding my mind, while I refined his vision.

INTJ's - there's a definite "edge" there whenever I interact with an INTJ. To be fair, again, I've been friends with this type, though I would say I have found it more frustrating than interacting with an ENTP, as we always run up against the difference that they want to deduce and I want to extrapolate - i.e. they want to end the conversation with a definitive classification and move onto the next issue, whereas I want to get to the most precise yet all-encompassing definition possible. I kind of feel they are being simplistic, and they view me as impractical. This is the type I get most impatient with of the NT's IRL.

ENTJ's - one of my best friends was an ENTJ. I've known a few as they are very active politically as a type. I actually don't find them intimidating as I have worked out how to "push the buttons" of this type - they value knowledge, empirical precision and logical consistency very highly, and an INTP through the Ti-Si combination can really "throw a spanner in the works" when we disagree with them. Though I find it harder to have a constructive relationship with this type than with the ENTP though, as they seem less inclined to let themselves be corrected.

Though it can be a good combination if the ENTJ is leading a project and I am part of it. Generally though they seem wary of me, but we also socially can get on pretty well as they respect and enjoy intellectual sparring.

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
#1 ENTP's! cause they're so effing hilarious.

#2 INTP's! we seem to have great sarcastic banter and chemistry. I'm borderline P so maybe has something to do with it.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's funny.

I haven't had that experience... if anything, the ENTPs seem intent on shaking up stuff unnecessarily and not approaching things entirely sensibly. as an I, it's been hard for me to engage ENTPs and not feel sort of intimated and ignored... having to "play the sparring" game to be heard rather than just saying things clearly once and getting cues back from y'all that you actually listened, thought about it, and understood.

Your energy demands can make it difficult for introverts to engage for the length of time needed to get back the right cues.

... guess it just shows ta go ya...

You're not a very typical example of INTP. But I do stand by my statement that ENTPs, on average, value Ti more than INTPs value Ne. And isn't "entirely sensibly" kind of relative? That just sounds like the same criticism INTPs always give everyone, which amounts to, "Use more Ti and less of everything else!!"

I believe INTPs get stuck in overvaluing the dominant function more than any of the sixteen types. Ti seems to provide the illusion that it's the only function you'll ever need, and a lot of INTPs buy right into that.

I don't think you do now, but you might have when you were closer to my age.

You're certainly right--I was just giving Miserable a hard time. I couldn't resist.

I also agree that INTPs who ignore Ne are definitely missing out, but of course I would think that, wouldn't I?