• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] So...I am NOT an ESTJ???

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I googled personality types out of boredom one day, took the "test" and scored ESTJ. Found this forum, and so forth with history.

I took it again some time after, and scored ENTP. Took it again a few days later, ENTP again.

The ENTP description is more me by FARRR, but should I claim that as my real type?

I think I remember being in a kind of funky mood when I took the test the first time, meaning I didn't take that test objectively. Since I did that, I must be a "Feeler" instead of a "Thinker", right?

So is my real type ENFP?

Goddammit, it should not be this hard to find my four goddamm letters!! :steam:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
One of the most fundamental insights you could have is that despite what you do, you will always do it in a certain funky mood. Therefore all your actions to find your type are biased from the start and you will never find your type.

The good thing about that is, you'll stay healthy, cause typing yourself in a four letter code really is for people who think they are wise because they dont believe in astrology.

The bad thing is, it will bug you to death cause you want to have like everyone a type aswell and I know that feeling therefore good luck, dont get shot

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I've never been certain of my type and I don't see why anyone else should do differently.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I googled personality types out of boredom one day, took the "test" and scored ESTJ. Found this forum, and so forth with history.

I took it again some time after, and scored ENTP. Took it again a few days later, ENTP again.

The ENTP description is more me by FARRR, but should I claim that as my real type?
Yes. No problem with that.
Those types are descriptions of extremes. Just take the one that fits you the most as a first approximation. Eventually you can add a few more.
(I'm an ENTP in this, this and that aspect. I can relate to the INTP description for this and that aspect. I'm an ENFP in that aspect.)

I think I remember being in a kind of funky mood when I took the test the first time, meaning I didn't take that test objectively. Since I did that, I must be a "Feeler" instead of a "Thinker", right?
Don't worry about that. Even the most extreme Ts get subjective when it's about themselves. That's one subject you almost can't get objective at.
You read the question, you think about some examples where you did it 'this' way and you answer. But on later thought, you realize you actually prefer 'that' way...
Just check whether you decide objectively in most cases or not.

There is more to T/F than objectivity/subjectivity, too. Do you care about what other people think of you? Are you tactful? How do you handle criticism? etc. etc. A good test takes care of these aspects, too.