• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP Personality Traits - Female ENTPs v Male ENTPs

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
As for the female ENTPs, the only difference I see is that many engage in more in-depth conversations about relational issues than the male ENTPs here do. Also, the male ENTPs troll more while the female ENTPs don't really troll at all.

An enfp once made herself a new username and started to probe me for more in-depth information on vent. How mafia is that + I feel humiliated !!

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Maybe? I don't know...I've been seen as male pretty often here, even despite the relatively girly username.

As for the female ENTPs, the only difference I see is that many engage in more in-depth conversations about relational issues than the male ENTPs here do. Also, the male ENTPs troll more while the female ENTPs don't really troll at all.

Otherwise, I can't detect any difference in style between the genders. And I wouldn't even say that the females are nicer (see the "pretentious Fi" exchange that's hanging out in the graveyard if you want proof.)

We don't troll, we just introduce one extra degree of complexity in communication.
Actually there's this theory about how we wouldn't be able to have meaningful communication with a god like intelligence. but I disgress

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So how was your manhood restored?

I signed up as Guinea_Pig_XxX and kept sending her pictures all night like that one:

boeck_bc1.BMP

She tho eventually converted to intp and called all entps facile, cause they dont want to share their in-depth emotions with all mankind on the internet.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I signed up as Guinea_Pig_XxX and kept sending her pictures all night like that one:

She tho eventually converted to intp and called all entps facile, cause they dont want to share their in-depth emotions with all mankind on the internet.

Oh we have missed you :D

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't get it- I have a lot more common with the other ladies of my type than I have in common with the guys (who I occasionally think are being impractical and want to give a whop over the head... :D)

I really wouldn't think that there would be so much of a gender difference within a personality type, but the more posts by other ENTPs I read, the more of a difference it seems to be- if I read all of the posts by the guys I'd start to suspect my ENTPness, but then I read posts by the girls (especially a couple of them...) and then I think "wow... yeah... these people have A LOT in common personality-wise with me!"

It just seems like ENTP females and ENTP males are almost different and distinct types somehow! :huh:

anyone else notice this?

I don't know about online, but I'm not sure I've even known any females in RL that I knew for certain were ENTP. On the other hand there are plenty of male ENTP's that I can identify a mile off.

I'm not sure if this is how females see it, but I usually do not say what I am thinking to the average person while some of the more overt ENTP's do. This is why I can identify these male ENTP's so easily. Instead I try to see if I am around people who can handle my thought process, and then I open up more and let them have more of a taste of what it's like to be inside my head.

Of course when I was younger I tended to say whatever I was thinking, so most people thought I was really weird. Now I try not to overpower them so much until I can see if they can handle it.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I'd say the main difference between male and female ENTPs has more to do with how each is treated by society and how such treatment molds their personalities rather than biologically-induced cognitive differences. The noticeable differences have nothing to do with sex and everything to do with gender.

To further elaborate on the ENTP/gender relationship, I think ENTP personality just gives way to females appearing more "masculine" (and whaddayaknow? this just so happens to be an arbitrary term defined by societal stereotyping). My friends actually say that I have a mental penis, and I've been mistaken for a man in several physically anonymous situations (this forum included).

I find this really interesting, as male ENTPs don't really come off as particularly masculine, so why should female ENTPs come off as masculine? It seems like female ESTPs would be the more masculine ones (due to the aggression and abrasive bluntness), but the female ESTPs that I know are actually pretty feminine.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
IRL ENTP females seem like ENFPs, until you start asking about their motivations.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
IRL ENTP females seem like ENFPs, until you start asking about their motivations.

Hm...Idk about this. Are you sure this isn't a personal bias simply because you subconsciously correlate females with emotional/F-types?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hm...Idk about this. Are you sure this isn't a personal bias simply because you subconsciously correlate females with emotional/F-types?

Dont prick him for his emotional side, you gonna loose :)

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

No. It's because male ENTPs are much more discreet about what's important to them. There's less of the Fe-ish sharing of personal information that is engendered by the F-oriented social upbringing of girls.

For example, in my experience, female ENTPs will likely be strong feminists, but not because inequality is wrong, but because it's stupid, inefficient and illogical.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
the guys are often more blunt about their opinions and less likely to add a qualifier when insulting someone/thing... they also seem to be on a mission to convince others of their opinions on the basis of facts and arguing alone instead of by using a variety of tactics, many fact based, but some personality based as well

I agree in general, in that I really struggle to identify with male ENTPs, I feel I can identify better with INTP males, and yet on the other hand female ENTPs often take the thoughts and words out of my brainz. The point that stands out the most to me is the part about male ENTPs seeming to be on a mission to convince others of their opinions based on their facts and being blunter with insults.

One difference I've noticed in my limited experience with ENTP females is that they're a little more reserved around new people because they've grown up with society telling them they're the exact opposite of everything a woman should be, and they start anticipating this reaction and playing it a little safer in new social situations until they can feel out the likely response their true personalities will produce.

Plus that. The expectations of who I'm supposed to be don't line up with who I am so I've grown more reserved in extroverting myself around new people, I don't need people's approval to feel validated but I also don't like having my true self rejected so I am guarded about what I show.

Irl I'd come across more like an INTP due to the points raised in Sim's post above, no one would ever confuse me with a F.

I think I come off more like the guy ENTPs than the girls, online.

I agree.

Meanwhile Eckbear and entropie are more likely to engage in banter then insult or try to convince someone of their facts.

It's not a strict thing, just a general pattern.

+2 ;)

It's not about appearing 'F' it's about appearing Fi not Ti.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
No. It's because male ENTPs are much more discreet about what's important to them. There's less of the Fe-ish sharing of personal information that is engendered by the F-oriented social upbringing of girls.

For example, in my experience, female ENTPs will likely be strong feminists, but not because inequality is wrong, but because it's stupid, inefficient and illogical.

Arguing for female equality is the nice scale of feminism. When you say that the female ENTPs you know are feminists, do they argue for female equality insofar as females and males are completely equal (zero gender gap), or to the point that it appears these feminist views cause more of a split than a convergance?

Feminism has a really negative connotation to me, and if you mean it in the over the top "I'm a woman; watch my breasts roar with voluptuous triumph and my vagina give birth to a better world! Men should treat me with respect; I don't need men to hold open doors and lift heavy things for me, and God forbid I take a few years off from my career to spend them at home with my babies. Women are equal dammit and we must do everything that men do and not acknowledge the fact that we are biologically different than men!" way, then I'm going to argue with you on this claim. Feminism is way too irrational for real Ti.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Arguing for female equality is the nice scale of feminism. When you say that the female ENTPs you know are feminists, do they argue for female equality insofar as females and males are completely equal (zero gender gap), or to the point that it appears these feminist views cause more of a split than a convergance?

Feminism has a really negative connotation to me, and if you mean it in the over the top "I'm a woman; watch my breasts roar with voluptuous triumph and my vagina give birth to a better world! Men should treat me with respect; I don't need men to hold open doors and lift heavy things for me, and God forbid I take a few years off from my career to spend them at home with my babies. Women are equal dammit and we must do everything that men do and not acknowledge the fact that we are biologically different than men!" way, then I'm going to argue with you on this claim. Feminism is way too irrational for real Ti.

Feminist in the sense of "existing gender biases need not exist where they serve no purpose." That is, more of the later waves of feminism, not the radical business of 25-40 years ago. The sort of feminism that rejects full-blown cultural relativism, as the misallocation of female talent into strict gender roles serves to harm a society, as opposed to strengthening it. The sort of feminism that demands opportunities, but takes upon itself the responsibility to achieve within the opportunity without excuses. If a woman is equal to a man in a given area, then there are no excuses if she fails due to a lack of effort, as the lack of effort is not inherent to her womanhood.

That's a very ENTPish position, I thought.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Feminist in the sense of "existing gender biases need not exist where they serve no purpose." That is, more of the later waves of feminism, not the radical business of 25-40 years ago. The sort of feminism that rejects full-blown cultural relativism, as the misallocation of female talent into strict gender roles serves to harm a society, as opposed to strengthening it. The sort of feminism that demands opportunities, but takes upon itself the responsibility to achieve within the opportunity without excuses. If a woman is equal to a man in a given area, then there are no excuses if she fails due to a lack of effort, as the lack of effort is not inherent to her womanhood.

That's a very ENTPish position, I thought.

Ok, yes it is. I just think that feminism has kind of a negative connotation nowadays, considering that females are practically equal as it is, so the "feminist movement" has become a bit redundant and kind of a moot point. I have the above views that you just elaborated on, but I don't consider myself a "feminist." I'm just arguing connotative shit now though, so don't worry about it. You're right.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Feminism was cool until it turned into female supremacist misandry.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Feminism was cool until it turned into female supremacist misandry.

Yeah, that. Susan B. Anthony had the right idea, but the Fi-ers have just taken it too far.

*prepares buckets of water for the ensuing Fire burn.*