• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Uber's OKCupid resume...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, I've created another blog reserved for my OKCupid resume. I just want to use this thread for constructive criticism. How does it look? What can I do to make it better? Discuss:

I am basically a shy loner with limited friends and otherwise restricted connections to the outer world, but now, I am ready to come out of my shell. I am not one who is privileged. I am not perfect. Like anyone, I have issues, too.

I hold no respect for political correctness, and therefore, I hold no respect for anal-retentive liberals. Likewise, I hold no respect for moral correctness -- which means I hate religious conservatives just as much. On a good day, I'm an open-minded libertarian (unofficially).

I enjoy the presence of creative, thoughtful, and intelligent people, and am willing to share a social, romantic, or even sexual life with such folk. But simply being a counter-culture buffoon does not make you any of the three qualities described above.

I am an ultra movie nerd, an ultra video game nerd, and recently, I have become more of an indie music nerd. I follow these pursuits enthusiastically.

I also have a fascination with roller coasters. I do not just like to ride them, I feel they are among the most beautiful creations in the world. They are works of art.

I have a taste for the bizarre. No idea is too ridiculous to entertain. I am a visionary. Practical ideas are overrated.

My nature is very misanthropic and cynical. I cannot stand seeing other people who are happy, because chances are, they probably don't deserve it.

If you wish to contact me, please be thoughtful and sincere. I reserve little pleasure, time, and/or energy for pursuing meaningless, frivolous endeavors.

MerkW

Looks great. Then again, judging from my own personal lack of social awareness, I am perhaps not the one to ask.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
If you add "I am not a serial killer" at the very end it would probably add a much-needed touch of humour to the whole thing. There are other tips I could offer, but those probably reflect my own views as an INFP, and thus have little place on an INTJ's okcupid resume.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am basically a shy loner with limited friends and otherwise restricted connections to the outer world, but now, I am ready to come out of my shell. I am not one who is privileged. I am not perfect. Like anyone, I have issues, too.

I hold no respect for political correctness, and therefore, I hold no respect for anal-retentive liberals. Likewise, I hold no respect for moral correctness -- which means I hate religious conservatives just as much. On a good day, I'm an open-minded libertarian (unofficially).

I enjoy the presence of creative, thoughtful, and intelligent people, and am willing to share a social, romantic, or even sexual life with such folk. But simply being a counter-culture buffoon does not make you any of the three qualities described above.
I am an ultra movie nerd, an ultra video game nerd, and recently, I have become more of an indie music nerd. I follow these pursuits enthusiastically.

I also have a fascination with roller coasters. I do not just like to ride them, I feel they are among the most beautiful creations in the world. They are works of art.

I have a taste for the bizarre. No idea is too ridiculous to entertain. I am a visionary. Practical ideas are overrated.

My nature is very misanthropic and cynical. I cannot stand seeing other people who are happy, because chances are, they probably don't deserve it.

If you wish to contact me, please be thoughtful and sincere. I reserve little pleasure, time, and/or energy for pursuing meaningless, frivolous endeavors.

Oh, and I am not a serial killer, because I think I read somewhere that it isn't very nice to kill people.

Better?

Usehername

On a mission
You have "loner" in the first sentence.

This word has negative vibes; I won't read past this word to give the rest of what you have to say a chance, I would go on to the next person's description.

Usehername

On a mission
Try just rearranging the order of what you're saying:
------------

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I wouldn't go with, "I cannot stand seeing other people who are happy" either.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am basically a shy, reserved, and misunderstood genius with limited friends and otherwise restricted connections to the outer world, but now, I am ready to come out of my shell. I am not one who is privileged. I am not perfect. Like anyone, I have issues, too.

Oh, and I am not a serial killer, because I think I read somewhere that it isn't very nice to kill people.

Is this better?

Usehername

On a mission
I wouldn't go with, "I cannot stand seeing other people who are happy" either.

x2.

You're too honest, Uber. THe ratio of positive things to negative things project the image of the cold, distant INTJ.

Tone down the volume of negative straight talk. You can get the realistic honesty in there without the volume of negative straight talk.

I wouldn't contact you based off this description. You need more recognizable humour (perhaps voice your distain for emoticons, but say you're using them for more effective communication? Voice how you very much value honesty?)

You can make more jokes about your inner core being cuddly. :yes:

Be sarcastic so you're true to nature, but show your more vulnerable side that desires human contact and relationships. Girls aren't going to contact you with this. Or, not the types of girls who desire what you actually desire.

Usehername

On a mission
Think of it this way:

What's your genuine objective of writing this? Do you solely desire sex? My observation on this board from you suggests more of a deep soul who desires real relationship. You don't need the numbers some people (cough extraverts) do, but you need real relationships.

I don't think what you're written is going to help you achieve your objective.

Show off your ability to manipulate language for humor. Be sarcastic, but honest re: your objective. If you want a connecting relationship, you need to write things in there that encourage this.

You can be more honest once you attract some potential people, in conversation. Don't lie, but be more positive and humorful.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know that I'm sarcastic, though.

Usehername

On a mission
I don't know that I'm sarcastic, though.

Well, perhaps that's not the most accurate term. But I mean the way you manipulate language (play on words, for example). Or just saying something so ridiculous it clearly is not meant to be taken seriously.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am basically a shy, reserved, and misunderstood genius with limited friends and otherwise restricted connections to the outer world, but now, I am ready to come out of my shell. I am not one who is privileged. I am not perfect. Like anyone, I have issues, too.

A sense of humor is strongly important. I can handle any joke, racist (directed toward anyone), sexist (male or female), dirty, or otherwise. But I have a special affinity for gallows humor. I enjoy a dark sense of humor. In fact, prime time television is the perfect opportunity for a good laugh. I am bouncy and also very sarcastic, and sarcasm also turns me on.

I changed the entire third-to-last paragraph.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
As a very wise bear once said: you've got to accentuate the positive.

INTJs have a lot of things going for them -- especially INTJ men. Responsible, committed, original, insightful, true to their values, able to set goals and make them happen, able to think outside the box, ludicrously diligent in their hobbies etc etc etc. The list goes on.

I also think you should tone down on the shyness thing. It's pretty much assumed for anyone using okcupid I suspect.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Uberfuhrer, what kind of person are you wanting to attract? In terms of qualities?

The latest version reads better, but if we could know what you're looking for, it'd help us give better feedback - right now reading the version, I'm still not clear what you're looking for and offering in return, simply - sounds too much a one-way street?

Usehername

On a mission
As a very wise bear once said: you've got to accentuate the positive.

INTJs have a lot of things going for them -- especially INTJ men. Responsible, committed, original, insightful, true to their values, able to set goals and make them happen, able to think outside the box, ludicrously diligent in their hobbies etc etc etc. The list goes on.

I also think you should tone down on the shyness thing. It's pretty much assumed for anyone using okcupid I suspect.

Go with this guy. Why not just describe the positive INTJ qualities that are true to yourself?

And re: the sarcasm :doh: lol

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Its too cynical, but Usehername rearranged it in a better way. But still, you should be positive, take those "bad" things and make it so you sound like you are always working hard to improve yourself (which is hopefully the case anyway). So, instead of calling yourself a loner with no friends, say you are shy and reserved, but that you feel like you need to reach out and form relationships with people. I know you said that somehwere in there anyway, but you should apply that attitude of "I am/was this, but now I'm working on improving myself". You'll look better for it because it shows you arn't consumed by your ego and you are always looking for ways to grow. In light of that, don't refer to yourself as a misunderstood genius, because that comes off as pompous.

Try to add some humour to it, make you sound like a more fun person. Like... maybe say "I have a crazy, comic obsession with roller coasters!" just to add a little dash here and there.

Its good you're going out and trying to contact people :) You should still try doing things in person, rather than contacting people on the internet, because ultimately I think that creating social skills in person is more worthwhile, and if you find someone on OKCupid, you'll eventually contact them in person anyway, and you'll want to be just as interesting or more interesting in person as you were online. The internet is probbaly an easier tool, but I think real-world skills are more important. Its your choice though, and I really hope things work out!

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
especially INTJ men

Umm, let me clarify that. INTJ men possess many traits especially attractive to a large number of women. INTJ women possess many traits especially attractive to a significantly smaller number of men. Not meaning to say that INTJ women have less going for them than INTJ men. Just that they're less appreciated by the bulk of men. Not me, of course. ;)