User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I didn't know a thing about MBTI when I was younger, but I always knew that I was not like the other kids. This is because they kept telling me I was weird. And they were right.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

I've always realized that I'm different, because both of my parents are SJ... I'm the only child. I've always had a hard time with them. They never understood me. And they still don't. I'm the lazy, unorganized person who lives at least feet above the ground and we just can't live together. They're both so down to earth that they have tried to destroy my NPness as much as they could. Our relationship is perfectly fine and it works out when we meet once in a week, but living together is a hell. Especially with my xSFJ father which is a cleaning and do-it-now psycho. Right now i haven't met my parents for a half an year and I must say, I feel as great as I've never felt!! Though I must say thanks for the things they've learnt me, fx keeping my promises, taking responsibility, planning my actions (I do planning but i never really stick to the plan , but anyway, that helps a lot), be a bit more organized and careful and what's the most important COPE with SJ people. Btw because of this experience, I start to dislike NFP persons. I get irritated by them, because they're usually extremely disorganized too (always late, breaking their promises, never know what they're gonna do tomorrow) and there's no logic or reason in their disorganization. NTP people are just usually lost in thought, I see being lost in emotions worse .
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I still think it's a mistake longterm to think that one is different. I am rather inclined to assume, everyone is different.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Good question.

Probably around 13 when school started getting complicated for everyone else and it became clear that my intelligence had absolutely nothing to do with a good memory and everything to do with my logic backed intuition.

Strangely when I was a kid I was afraid to break rules or go to far. I think it was because I always broke the rules accidentily and got in shit but a lot of the time didn't realise why. My parents sorta made me paranoid that everything I would do would break another rule and get me grounded or smacked again. Thats why I thought I might be STJ (though i couldn't have called it that as I didn't know about it back then).

Then I learnt to fuck the rules and lifes been alright since.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

My dad is an ISTJ and some of that rubbed off on me. In hindsight it made me a little maladjusted, to be honest.
    Hello

MBTI
    xxxx

I believe I made a thread about it, actually.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    ...you're not STJ?
    Never thought I was.
    (And I never learned about MBTI until age 26.)

however, I realize -- esp raised by SJs and in the religious community I was in -- I had been trained to think my ideas were only valid if they fit STJ criteria.

I was forced into a very empirical minded, apologetic-style interaction with people. I was not allowed to refer to N. It all had to be observable, all had to be explicable, and all had to produce concrete results on a timeframe or it was judged inferior.

Took me years to get over that and learn to trust my own vision.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

I new very young I was pretty different from the other kids in my class. I was more in my head, more imagative, better at knoweldge stuff, that type of thing, but I was dyslexic to so it was like full on - you are different.

I beleive I had an NF/T boy in my class and we use to intellectually spar in class, it was me against him... and the rest of the class seemed a bit slow on the hoof to be honest. I always thought that when I got extra time in exams because of my dyslexia (which I never took unless my dyslexia was actually in the way), I use to feel sorry for the stupid kids
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 01-08-2010 at 01:48 PM.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Pretty early on. I was very much "NFP" as a child- but the same applies: I had no regard for the SJ mentality. I absolutely could not (and still cannot) stand the way my dad tells me to do things; he praises the "consistent, repetitive" way of getting things done.

I remember failing the ISTEP (Indiana's standardized test) in 8th grade because of an essay I made a mockery of. Hell, I should have been passed because it 1. had college level grammar and 2. commented on the sheer stupidity of the topic I was to write about. The topic was something like, "If you have to move and there is very little room in your vehicle, only letting you bring one important thing, what would you take?" I wrote about a man named Bob who was obese and took his expensive refrigerator. I still enjoy this sense of humor I had.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

dude... I'm the ANTI-J!

even as a kid
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett