• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP vs ENTP. War of objectivity!

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
So, what is the Objective ? xD

duke_nukem_forever_dec07_art.jpg

An erection after many years of steroids abuse.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So that means, to reach maximal Objectivity, we need a system, that uniformly distributes particles in the room.

So my answer would be, maximal Objectivity is Wind.

Cause: Wind is a mass flow, which according to the second rule of thermodynamics, tries to create maximal entropy between two different layers of air of pressure.

:happy:

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
So that means, to reach maximal Objectivity, we need a system, that uniformly distributes particles in the room.

So my answer would be, maximal Objectivity is Wind.

Cause: Wind is a mass flow, which according to the second rule of thermodynamics, tries to create maximal entropy between two different layers of air of pressure.

:happy:

Sounds sexy.

Fallen

MBTI Type
INTP
wrong.

lame = you not doing your own research as if someone else should care so much about what matters to you that it means even more to them than it does to you.
lame = not realizing that asking people who've experienced an event first-hand, is research.

lame = a person who places an inappropriate amount of value the virtue of his/her twisted idea of self-sufficiency

lame = spending time and energy to post about what they supposedly don't care about
:)

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In my interaction with an ENTP, I've been the one who has steadied em out so to say, so yes an INTP is likely to be more objective.

That's an interesting one - what about the INTJ vs INTP then?

imho, the INTJ is more likely philosopheresque since its structure first and thinking later, whereas an INTP is more likely a thinker. The INTJ comes across as strategic whereas the INTP's Ne shows more (extraverted attitude and hence more shallow) and maybe first mostly whereas a thinker more in steady discourses mainly.

starbadger

MBTI Type
INTP
Can you take your minds off these matters and either point me or suggest
4 letter categories that are right, funny or insightful when applied to animals

could a lab rat ever be an INTP
what letters are right for a pig

a dog

a cat

a rat

a sheep

a goat

a beaver

a badger

rank

The most objective type is ISTJ.

Their flaws are: too much focus and too many details. But the opinion of 100 ISTJs costs more than the opinion of one NTP.

Why?

Because NTPs are driven by self-interest and inner principles.

They may have objective views internally, but you almost never can be sure about the value of what they say - do they mean it, or not. Moreover, it's very likely that their internal views are also shaped around their predefined personalities, when it comes to people.

If it is a pure scientific matter, I might prefer the opinion of NTP, because it would be concise and essential.
If it is a social matter, I wouldn't trust any NT. Not only that they just lack certain intuition about feelers, but they will distort the facts in some way, for sure, in consistency with their agenda and goals.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Can you take your minds off these matters and either point me or suggest
4 letter categories that are right, funny or insightful when applied to animals

could a lab rat ever be an INTP
what letters are right for a pig

a dog

a cat

a rat

a sheep

a goat

a beaver

a badger

Rats are social, hierarchical and have the typical rash aggression of a prey animal. So no, INTP wouldn't be reflected by a rat, or any rat for that matter. Both rat and pig would be of the SP temperament.

...why did you post in this thread? You could have revived the MBTI animal thread.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
K I guess I missed the boat on this one, but...

SolitaryWalker used to be BlueWing? I've heard people mention BlueWing but never actually seen a post with that name.

Also, yes, INTP sounds like the answer here.

R

Riva

Your typical, run-of-the-mill INTJ will probably lose to an equally-normal INTP.

i agree with this. and i think INTJs are the easiest to be proven wrong out of all rationals. if they are level headed enough to listen to you in the 1st place. well at least all the INTJs i know listen to me.

Last edited:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Kind of...Ni allows them to look at different interpretations of the same things more easily, but in combination with Te it can create thought patterns like: "Well since there are so many possible interpretations of this idea, and I can't really prove with total objectivity that one is better than any other, I may as well just go with the one that seems intuitively obvious to me and stick with it until I reach my goals."

They're very aware of other ways of interpreting things; they just have to be shown a very compelling reason that they should change the interpretation under which they're operating before they're willing to do so.

LogicDictates

MBTI Type
INTP
IXTJs are the most objective.

Firstly INTJs are best at adducing evidence to prove a point. Also, measurable quantities always matter to a extroverted thinkers. Measurable quantities are inherently more objective.

INTPs are very logical but they can tend to be pessimistic for no good logical reason. They give into their introverted sensing function too much and thus get dogmatically stuck in detail land. Thus details matter way too much or way too little.

ISTJs and INTJs are more than likely going to have pretty developed secondary functions because let's face it, this world is a world of extroverted feelers and extroverted thinkers.

INTPs has a complicated relationship between introverted thinking and extroverted intuition that is going to make the INTP behave impulsively at times and thus irrationally. Even though INTPs are rational in principle they are not necessarily rational in decisions. They may also have trouble objectively summing up the situation. Too many possibilities enter into the picture even ones that are definitely improbable. INTJs are a lot better at handling probability scenarios.

Nevertheless, INTPs will always have ideas and thoughts derived from logical principles that they are consciously aware of. The INTJ will always have ideas bubble up out of nowhere (that they don't have much conscious control over) even though they will have a logical sense to them that their extroverted thinking function will help address.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Socrates won this war for the INTPs years ago.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4

Firstly INTJs are best at adducing evidence to prove a point. Also, measurable quantities always matter to a extroverted thinkers. Measurable quantities are inherently more objective.

INTPs are very logical but they can tend to be pessimistic for no good logical reason. They give into their introverted sensing function too much and thus get dogmatically stuck in detail land. Thus details matter way too much or way too little.

ISTJs and INTJs are more than likely going to have pretty developed secondary functions because let's face it, this world is a world of extroverted feelers and extroverted thinkers.

INTPs has a complicated relationship between introverted thinking and extroverted intuition that is going to make the INTP behave impulsively at times and thus irrationally. Even though INTPs are rational in principle they are not necessarily rational in decisions. They may also have trouble objectively summing up the situation. Too many possibilities enter into the picture even ones that are definitely improbable. INTJs are a lot better at handling probability scenarios.

Nevertheless, INTPs will always have ideas and thoughts derived from logical principles that they are consciously aware of. The INTJ will always have ideas bubble up out of nowhere (that they don't have much conscious control over) even though they will have a logical sense to them that their extroverted thinking function will help address.

Provide evidence plox. ;)

rickyricardosaid

MBTI Type
NTP
I was under the impression that this was an INTP and ENTP comparison over objectiveness?

I state this because I for one am an ENTP and INTP; one percent Introverted or one percent Extroverted and I can only say this because half my tests came out one result and the others came out the opposite results.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
why would intp's/entp's be more "objective" than istps/estp's.

Also there's a strange premise that having a detached demeanour means one will in practice get closer to the truth. But that's not really the case is it? Quite often people who make great scientific discoveries which advanced our understanding of our universe and socieities (i.e. the objective reality around us), were partisans for their particular idea. Whereas quite often a person with a detached demeanour, did nothing to actually advance humanities understanding fo the objective reality around them.

If you live in a society like ours, which is ultimately based on superstitions and metaphysical ideas (the "nation", the "market", "human nature", etc.), then in order to be objective, IMO, you must be a partisan against these ideas. In the same way that someone living in a flat-earth society had to be a radical partisan against the church, and for the scientific method, in order to advance people's knowledge of objective reality.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP, followed by ISTP and ENTJ.

ZombieKiller

Enneagram

Great post